Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt

Barnzy said:
Yeah. Hutchy tries to make every little Richmond thing into a huge issue. Saying it's a disgrace by DH and then talking on behalf of the supporters saying he owes us better than that? How the hell would he know what we want? Personally, I couldn't care less if he gave an interview or not. Also says we should be fined, 10k or 20k. What a wanker.

I felt sure Hutchy was almost going to say that Fox had contributed money towards the competition that had ensured richmonds survival when started saying how Fox had put in “hundreds and thousands of dollars”.

We aren't meant to stand up, we are the constant losers of the comp, how dare Richmond of all clubs buck the system is probably some of what they think.

I saw the interview today with Jaymar on Ch10 after the match. Sure it made ‘good tv’ but seriously I was sitting there thinking this is ridiculous, leave the guy alone, especially when the interviewer (unfortunately cant remember name) has never played the game, and asks idiotic questions like “how do you feel?”

Some of this so called media work, is just rolling through the motions.

About the only post match interview I remember is Nic Nat scratching his ball sack – and evidently according to Hutchy, “the fans are owed it”.

I didn't watch footy classified so don't know what that flog hutchy said or what the exact rules are but how can we be fined when Chris Newman still gave an interview? Do we not get a say in who does the interviews? Do the clubs not do this anyway with which players they nominate to do interviews with various media during the week? I for one couldn't care less that Jack didn't give an interview, players never give more than a standard answer anyway.

Tigers Lets Roar said:
I saw the interview today with Jaymar on Ch10 after the match. Sure it made ‘good tv’ but seriously I was sitting there thinking this is ridiculous, leave the guy alone, especially when the interviewer (unfortunately cant remember name) has never played the game, and asks idiotic questions like “how do you feel?”

Totally agree coz I saw it too, and who else would it be but that other Carlton cretin called Maher.

i sure that the rules state - in the gospel according to Andrew, coaches must do a post match press conference otherwise they cop a fine. Players are not bound by such rulings... apart from that...
GOOD WORK JACK!! :beer deny all those 2-faced knockers interviews because all they are after is a story with which they aim to achieve "self glory" for covering a big moment in football.
Quarterbrain, Lyon, Healy and others won't have anything to write about us if we keep this form up! :nopity

Hutchy must be really desperate making a big deal of jack not doing an interview for fox, his insides must be on strike.

Tigers Lets Roar said:
I felt sure Hutchy was almost going to say that Fox had contributed money towards the competition that had ensured richmonds survival when started saying how Fox had put in “hundreds and thousands of dollars”.

We aren't meant to stand up, we are the constant losers of the comp, how dare Richmond of all clubs buck the system is probably some of what they think.

About the only post match interview I remember is Nic Nat scratching his ball sack – and evidently according to Hutchy, “the fans are owed it”.

Indeed, post game interviews are all nice warm and fuzzy but you get absolutely nothing out of them other than " how do you feel?", "must be good to get a win", "what was the feeling amongst the boys at 3/4 time", "what did Hardwick say to the boys?" and other hard-hitting questions. I'm more interested in how the boys played than any post game crap.

I couldn't believe Hutchinson's rant. The parasite seems to think it is more important than the host.

Clubs go to the nth degree to accommodate the media - it is a privilege bestowed on them by those that actually ARE the game. For the media to then imply that their 'rights' have been violated, is almost offensive.

If it mattered what Hutchinson (and Russell) thought, then the RFC deserves an apology from him.

I saw the Hutchy rant,he reckons it`s against the broadcast act what we done.

So does the broadcast act specify that the broadcaster can demand an interview with any player they choose and that player isn`t allowed to refuse?

He said it was an absolute disgrace and that Hardwick should be fined $10,000 or $20,000 by the AFL.

I wonder how many times Hutchy has been fined when he makes a mistake in his job.

Hardwick made a mistake by apologising. He made the correct call at the time ordering Jack not to interview - he wants a team first approach and if the media want an interview they can interview the coach or the captain. The win was about the team and not Jack. Hardwick made the correct call. The fans were behind Hardwick 100% so he didn't need to apologise. The media and the AFL have done nothing to help us out - where are our Friday night games? where are our Free to air games? We don't owe the AFL and the media anything. *smile* them.

michael roach said:
I wonder how many times Hutchy has been fined when he makes a mistake in his job.

I don't see it as a mistake.

I heard on Footy Classified that the RFC has apologised, although I can find no mention of it in the papers. If they did, I suspect it is more about PR than acknowledgment of wrong doing.

Hardwick is all about building the group - the unit. If he felt that an interview, or the timing of that interview, would detract from the group (possibly too much about the individual), then good on him. I hope he never feels pressure to kow tow to the obnoxious demands of bottom feeders like Hutchinson.

Harry said:
Hardwick made a mistake by apologising. He made the correct call at the time ordering Jack not to interview - he wants a team first approach and if the media want an interview they can interview the coach or the captain. The win was about the team and not Jack. Hardwick made the correct call. The fans were behind Hardwick 100% so he didn't need to apologise. The media and the AFL have done nothing to help us out - where are our Friday night games? where are our Free to air games? We don't owe the AFL and the media anything. *smile* them.

Hear hear.

Hutchy's an absolute idiot. Loved the guilty conscience go at Grant over Milne. This is the same guy, the only guy, that followed Cousins everywhere around the world. What a fool. Then Grant went on to clarify what he had said about Mline, which frankly is absolutely correct, and that made Hutchy look like even more of a fool.

As for the interview incident with Reiwoldt, again Grant summed it up perfectly in saying he could understand the Tigers trying to put a lid on it, but were wrong in their decision to not allow an interview. Fair enough, bad decision, spur of the moment decision, incorrect one, AFL have spoken to the Tigers, all settled, move on. But no that ain't good enough for Hutchy as he is above everyone else. I do really despise him, and that's not merely because he's a male.

Hutchy is too ready to believe the the smoke the Footy Show blows up his @rse. If he wants to know what the world thinks of him, he should pay more attention to Sam and less to those 2 nobs Lyon and Brayshaw.

Harry said:
Not the greatest attitude to get us these things in the future. I think Riewoldt should have done the interview, he did one for SEN and was perfect really. If he is going to be our vice captain or captain he needs to be able to handle this sort of thing. Having said all that DR and CH certainly went over the top with their rants. They should really vacate their vertically enhanced equines.

Harry said:

Agree, Malthouse has treated the media terribly for years and it hasn’t hurt his success or the popularity of the teams he coached. The media aren’t sophisticated, if you win you’re great, if you lose they stick the boot in. Because of that we have got horrendous media for a few years now, we owe they no favours.

A bit of ‘us against them’ tribalism isn’t a bad thing for a club to have

I just watched clasified taped it on iq along with the other shows the other shows didn't make that big deal about it and accepted that the tiges apologised.Hutchy is just a tool needs to put his ego aside obviously he was no good at footy and has a chip on his shoulder and he also needs to visit Jenny Craig boy has he put on weight.I think Hardwick did the right thing.

Harry said:

Forced to apologise by the AFL. Didn't adhere to the broadcatsers rights the reason.