Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt

whites tiger said:
Did you see this coming ...

Q: 01 Highlight: Your most memorable moment?
A: Jack Riewoldt's 10 goals

Q: 08 Upside: Which team has the most potential, and will have the most success over the next five years: Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast or North Melbourne?
A: Richmond

Guess who? Yep, Dwayne Russell on BackPageLead today (www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/1614-bpls-afl-mid-season-review).

Not a great recommendation given the bum rap he's been getting on this thread!

Giardiasis said:
Was it Dwayne Russell that said Richmond would have passed up the next Chris Judd to get Vickery in 2008 because we were only ever going to pick the best big guy available? Can anyone shed any light on this because as far as I'm concerned this is complete garbage. We would have picked Hartlett if available. We simply rated Vickery the best player available.

He said it during the commentary. Reckons we were only going to take the best big bloke, irrespective of who else was available.

whites tiger said:

Q: 08 Upside: Which team has the most potential, and will have the most success over the next five years: Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast or North Melbourne?

Guess who? Yep, Dwayne Russell on BackPageLead today (www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/1614-bpls-afl-mid-season-review).
I've always felt he had a bit of a love/hate relationship with us. Unlike Caro

Giardiasis said:
Was it Dwayne Russell that said Richmond would have passed up the next Chris Judd to get Vickery in 2008 because we were only ever going to pick the best big guy available? Can anyone shed any light on this because as far as I'm concerned this is complete garbage. We would have picked Hartlett if available. We simply rated Vickery the best player available.
FJ believed Port would take Hartlett or Vickery and was confident we would get which ever they didnt take, FJ was hoping for Hartlett, rated him extremly highly, If Rich had have slipped one more I think Dwayno's theory may have gone out the window ;)

I think they made Derrwyane commentate Richmond games as punishment for being a flog.

Expect him to be on West Coast duty for the remainder of the year.

Dunno about all this criticism. Listened to 3AW tonight and Dwayne was saying Tigers are one of the best teams to watch at the moment.

However, I was annoyed by the negativity of that buffoon Taylor ('Jack's ten goals was the worst thing that could happen', 'who else apart from Martin and Jack are any good?', 'Jack hasn't done anything yet').

Perhaps accurate on some levels, but so sterile and cynical. Very hard to listen to.

lukeanddad said:
Dunno about all this criticism. Listened to 3AW tonight and Dwayne was saying Tigers are one of the best teams to watch at the moment.

However, I was annoyed by the negativity of that buffoon Taylor ('Jack's ten goals was the worst thing that could happen', 'who else apart from Martin and Jack are any good?', 'Jack hasn't done anything yet').

Perhaps accurate on some levels, but so sterile and cynical. Very hard to listen to.
I would rather pour hot lead in my ears than listen to that Goose Taylor, and as for Russell he is the most uninspiring,uninformed,unfunny,unknowledgable,d1ckheadto spit into a mike, when i do have to watch foxtel and have to put up with him i dont ,we mute him and commentate for ourselves its much better and great fun especialy when we win.

whites tiger said:

All that says to me is the tosser reads PRE and is upset that we don't all fall over ourselves with love for him.

davidrodan said:
Just did the Herald Sun football survey and voted Derrwayne 'most annoying TV commentator'

Can't find the poll. Is there a link?

the milk man said:
I would rather pour hot lead in my ears than listen to that Goose Taylor, and as for Russell he is the most uninspiring,uninformed,unfunny,unknowledgable,d1ckheadto spit into a mike, when i do have to watch foxtel and have to put up with him i dont ,we mute him and commentate for ourselves its much better and great fun especialy when we win.

Don't beat around the bush.

What do you really think?

hopper said:
Thanks BBC! I just think Dwayne Russell's continuing career should now officially be listed as the 8th wonder of the world. I hate him, just hate him!

i like that. my description isn't that elegant, i'm just happy to say DR can *smile*.

Al Bundy said:
I wonder if this thread will slowly catch up to the Dermie thread :hihi

well need a poll on who we hate more. personally DR annoys me a hell of a lot more.

Ian4 said:
well need a poll on who we hate more. personally DR annoys me a hell of a lot more.

Dermie's got a healthy ego - maybe too healthy - but he's probably the best at being objective when discussing the club of his allegiance.