Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt

Re: Dwayne Russell has a sook with Nick Riewoldt

Odduna said:
What probably would have happened if the interview went ahead:

Fox sports boundary: "Nick, how does it feel kicking 10 goals........"

"Yep Dwayne, I suppose that's interesting question as you'd have no idea"

23.21.159 said:
As for the interview bit and Dwayne the pain's reaction, what's the big deal? They wanted an interview, Jack declined, Dwayne expressed disappointment, which was probably nothing more than an honest expression of how he felt - he's in the media. He didn't overly bag Jack and indeed they understood Jack's reasons (team first etc). Move on, folks.

It's the way he expressed it (like a child crying to mummy) that makes him cop this criticism.

SAF said:
Did anyone else notice how in the first 15 mins our former coach (Spud the Dud) keep going on about how West Coast weren't defending well against Jack, he made it sound at though Jack wasn't even playing well and he was getting so many marks/goals because West Coast wasn't stopping him. What a tosser!

yeah coz teams knew how to double and triple team richo when he was coach

on a positive note Lloyd was talking Jack up.
Could easily take the title of number one ff in the game in no time.

Jason King said:
Even if Glass was there, jack would have kicked at least 6. Still would have been a big achievement.

Well, the other games the weagles played without Glass are Geelong, carlton and the saints. The most goals scored by an opposition forward was 4, once, by shannon byrnes. Not someone glass would have played on. So the only players who glass would have played on would be big key forwards, o'halpin kicked 3 and the rest 1 each. So I wish the media would give him credit for doing something 'better' teams haven't been able to do :mad:

The DR comment in the Geelong game "Jack would not get a game in any other team in the competition" really pissed me off.

I thought at te time.....that's crap!.....he'd easily replace Hawkins in the premiership Geelong side. And now you'd be seruiously looking at him replacing Mooney.

I am biased and some sometimes think all commentators hate Richmond...but this bloke really does.

DR's a tool with a superioity complex.

Tiger68 said:
The DR comment in the Geelong game "Jack would not get a game in any other team in the competition" really p!ssed me off.

Patently wrong and somebody should take him to task on that because it is such a foolish comment - even back then (before his glut of goals) Even then Carlton, the Bulldogs and Melbourne would have loved him in their sides. Essendon might have had a go at him at FF, the Dockers too. Collingwood would have killed for another quality ex-Tiger forward.

I can't wait for another channel to broadcast the Richmond match.

I am so sick of Dwayne "the flog" Russell. You know he wanted Riewoldt to miss a goal when he said " this would make it interesting if Riewoldt misses" when he was lining up for goal. Riewoldt goaled it and the flog didnt say anything.

And the flog wonders why Riewoldt refused an interview last week.

The new EGO & spirit of the RFC is Jack Riewoldt. And it's a beautiful ego.
Dwayne's just upset that Jack's proud EGO (and footballing ability) is greater than his.

nwonash said:
I can't wait for another channel to broadcast the Richmond match.

I am so sick of Dwayne "the flog" Russell. You know he wanted Riewoldt to miss a goal when he said " this would make it interesting if Riewoldt misses" when he was lining up for goal. Riewoldt goaled it and the flog didnt say anything.

And the flog wonders why Riewoldt refused an interview last week.
Yep this is how I feel. I admitted to my wife tonight that I may just snap soon. She may come home to find a note that I've gone out and won't be back until I've murdered Dwayne Russell. My own version of Michael Douglas in Falling Down!! De-Fence!

hopper said:
Yep this is how I feel. I admitted to my wife tonight that I may just snap soon. She may come home to find a note that I've gone out and won't be back until I've murdered Dwayne Russell. My own version of Michael Douglas in Falling Down!! De-Fence!

LOL :hihi

hopper said:

This is the post of the year!
DR is so poor as a commentator that he should not be on the airwaves.

BBC said:
This is the post of the year!
DR is so poor as a commentator that he should not be on the airwaves.
Thanks BBC! I just think Dwayne Russell's continuing career should now officially be listed as the 8th wonder of the world. I hate him, just hate him!

One of the TV commentators said it was the Tigers first win interstate in ages. Was it Dwayne?

Hayfever said:
One of the TV commentators said it was the Tigers first win interstate in ages. Was it Dwayne?

lol. You've got to laugh at uneducated crap like that :hihi

Did he call Jack, Nick as well?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Might've been Piggy Dunstall. Sounded almost like he'd backed us tonight with criticism of certain decisions.

Someone backed us before the game, I think it might have been Dunstall.