Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dwayne Russell has a sook over Jack Riewoldt

Keep ignoring the AFL b.s. and just do it our way. Keep insincerely apologising.

The AFL and media have taken the RFC and it's membership/supporters for granted for far too long.

Stuff-em.

Just a little off track here, but I'd like to give a big shout out to the powers-that-be at the MCG for putting the Fox Sports coverage of us singing the song in the changerooms after the game up on the big screens at the ground. Seeing that live was awesome after such a great win.

BTW, agree with everyone - Hutch + Dwayne = Tools Inc.

Tigerbob said:
Forced to apologise by the AFL. Didn't adhere to the broadcatsers rights the reason.

Is this fair-dinkum? Is part of the broadcast rights access to any player they want post match?

If so, I'd like to know what the AFLPA have to say about that.

on another side note. i enjoyed the way Dimma and co handled the questions they were asked on Saturdays broadcast of the coburg vs gold coast game - taking khunt related questions and answering them with the focus on coburg and the connection between the club and cragieburn. And doing it with a rye smile. i like the guy.

Tigers Lets Roar said:
on another side note. i enjoyed the way Dimma and co handled the questions they were asked on Saturdays broadcast of the coburg vs gold coast game - taking khunt related questions and answering them with the focus on coburg and the connection between the club and cragieburn. And doing it with a rye smile. i like the guy.

;D he gives them nothing

Over here in the West we have a wannabee by the the name of Tim Gossage, sports journo, whose girl soprano voice, has not yet broken. Yesterday I did not here this quote from Gossage ( my wife a Lion supporter did) when he did his stint on 6PR radio with talk back jock Paul Murray..Gossage said "Jack Riewoldt's 10 goals was not a significant achievement" & Murray agreed with him. OMG LOL if the boot was on the other foot well one does not have to imagine what tripe would spew from Gossamers bowels. By the way the true blue down to earth footy fans here are very impressed with Jack's stats to the extent my Eagles butcher kept his hands off the scales today.

Re: Dwayne Russell has a sook with Nick Riewoldt

What probably would have happened if the interview went ahead:

Fox sports boundary: "Nick, how does it feel kicking 10 goals........"

perhaps we should get a copy of the UN charter and shove it in Demetriou's face! Our players shouldn't have to live with the spectre of harsh and unjust punishments for not wanting a camera shoved in their faces.

Re: Dwayne Russell has a sook with Nick Riewoldt

Odduna said:
What probably would have happened if the interview went ahead:

Fox sports boundary: "Nick, how does it feel kicking 10 goals........"

Jack: "It's just good to be back after the serious hamstring injury."

Tigaman said:
Over here in the West we have a wannabee by the the name of Tim Gossage, sports journo, whose girl soprano voice, has not yet broken. Yesterday I did not here this quote from Gossage ( my wife a Lion supporter did) when he did his stint on 6PR radio with talk back jock Paul Murray..Gossage said "Jack Riewoldt's 10 goals was not a significant achievement" & Murray agreed with him. OMG LOL if the boot was on the other foot well one does not have to imagine what tripe would spew from Gossamers bowels. By the way the true blue down to earth footy fans here are very impressed with Jack's stats to the extent my Eagles butcher kept his hands off the scales today.

I was also told about it. Peter Wilson ex Richmond/Eagles was also on. He said that Jack was gifted those goals due to no Darren Glass. He went on and on about how bad the eagles were. They seemed to think the game was won due to eagles being so bad.

Dusty said:
I was also told about it. Peter Wilson ex Richmond/Eagles was also on. He said that Jack was gifted those goals due to no Darren Glass. He went on and on about how bad the eagles were. They seemed to think the game was won due to eagles being so bad.

Even if Glass was there, jack would have kicked at least 6. Still would have been a big achievement.

Thought Dimma' apology was great. Kept it light and fluffy but made it clear he did the wrong thing and wont do it again.

Back to Russell. If he ever gets the interview Jack should ask him : "Who spells Wayne with a D anyway?"

I don't care if Jack never does a media interview again just as long as he keeps playing like he did on the weekend.

Did anyone else notice how in the first 15 mins our former coach (Spud the Dud) keep going on about how West Coast weren't defending well against Jack, he made it sound at though Jack wasn't even playing well and he was getting so many marks/goals because West Coast wasn't stopping him. What a tosser!

Jason King said:
Even if Glass was there, jack would have kicked at least 6. Still would have been a big achievement.

Exactly. How many was he supposed to have kicked for it to be a good game? 20?

I'm gonna get howled down here but I reckon 30 years of following a cr@p team has resulted in a few chips on shoulders here ....

Yes, spud the dud was mouthing off about how bad their defence was. But wasn't he right? Jack was killing them yes, but for anyone in the AFL these days to kick five goals in 19 minutes, I think it's fair to say the opposition must be a little at fault too. There are two teams out there and it's all relative.

As for the interview bit and Dwayne the pain's reaction, what's the big deal? They wanted an interview, Jack declined, Dwayne expressed disappointment, which was probably nothing more than an honest expression of how he felt - he's in the media. He didn't overly bag Jack and indeed they understood Jack's reasons (team first etc). Move on, folks.