can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ?

Left untagged Fyffe will get 40 possies.
Tagged he'll get maybe about 30 and his tagger say 10
So a net 20 deficit.

Put Martin head to head and Fyffe gets 40, Dusty 30 - a net deficit of 10.
And Dusty's 30 will hurt Freo.

2c.

poppa x said:
So a net 20 deficit.

2c.

Yeah true - it's a good 2c
Or hard tag him with Morris.
It sounds like Menadue has the tank to tag him, and would learn a lot.

tigersnake said:
I got one:

K-Mac

similar sizes, K-mac runs all day

i'll jump on this idea. 2 WA boys going at it.

Morris the other option? Grigg has tagged well here and there... did well against Selwood..

wont be Morris, Crash and bash with no since will not get the job done. Needs some football nous to position, to limit impact and delivery and pressure delivery. Morris would just courageously/crazily throw hiom self at eveything and spend most of the time on the desk.

Let him play that mad chase down forward role. His goal must also be 1 goal per game.

poppa x said:
So a net 20 deficit.

2c.

That's the thinking behind Lids doing the tag

Jetboy said:
We will get blown away in the first qtr and a bit......we will be 7 down half way thru the second, we will get a few late goals and be about 5 or 6 down at half time..........THEN, something very special will happen......
Get ready for another roller coaster ride...
TIGES by 4 pts
The mob we beat last Sat night did this to Freo at Sublako a cupla years back, so it's nominally possible

But would be much more preferable to mimic the Western Bulldogs' effort the other week

rinso17 said:
I've got 2 words for Nat Fyffe

DILLON GRIMES
You can expect Dylan to give away some free kicks this week given he has been front and centre on the AFL Umpire page..

Love KMac but he tends to accidentally run over teh mark occassionally and this will be an issue if the umps decide to ping it.

DirtyDogTiger said:
There is one, but it's got some dubious ideas going on at best.

I'd propose just Vickery in for mc Bean at this point.
Newman is past his 'Rush him back' stage IMO.
Coming off that knee injury do you think we will risk him in perth?

toby64 said:
As it has turned out, we have had a dream draw thus far this year.

This week sees us finally pitted against a true contender.

We can win, but this will be another level to what we have come against so far.

Think it will be well beyond us.
I have that feeling too and happy to be wrong. But I fear what happened to north may happen to us.

puregreen said:
Aside from the Crows game Freo have been having great starts but then letting sides in late in games. We need to be able to stick them as our last qtrs have very good.
Crows kicked a load of points and as DDT has mentioned every team tends to kick points against them.

This is because they are excellent at blocking the corridor and forcing sides wide.

We need to go over the top and long occassionally. In a perfect world we would have Vickery in and Griff kicking some outside 50 shots. The problem is Griff has a dodgy hip ATM and it has been messing with his beautiful kicking and Vickery is still under an injury cloud.

McBean may be our only other option although I did notice we played Elton up forward on the WE.

If Elton comes in I could imagine a VFL disaster this weekend, given our lack of options. But its all about seniors anyway.

Tiger Pops said:
wont be Morris, Crash and bash with no since will not get the job done. Needs some football nous to position, to limit impact and delivery and pressure delivery. Morris would just courageously/crazily throw hiom self at eveything and spend most of the time on the desk.

Let him play that mad chase down forward role. His goal must also be 1 goal per game.
Just get Morris to " nut " Fyfe in the first qtr n take him out of the game, Stevie then gets sin binned for four n everybody's happy ;D.