can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ?

Only player to kick more than 2 against freo at Subiaco this year is LeCras with 5.
And it's his home ground too.

They don't let the opposition score much.

Most teams at Subiaco get more behinds than goals.

But freo are susceptible to letting early leads slip.
They are good leads and they still win but the dickers have let Sydney and WCE back in after half time.
Essendon got off the chain too.

We play the ground pretty well.

Menadue Grigg martin and deledio etc will enjoy the wide open roaming.

We need to kick goals when we get the chance and not muff shots.
I think we can contain their scoring.

But freo are also good at keeping opposition goals to a minimum.

I think we need to bring our choke and slingshot game due to those nice deep wings.

Force contests and when we get it, spread and run. The opposition hate chasing.
We must try spread our goal scorers around.
Lids Martin Cotch B Ellis Jack edwards C Ellis Menadue maric grigg griffiths morris mcbean - even chap batch and miles might push up.

I'm Confident we can get the footy and not give it back so much
I'm unsure that we will win the fight against our mental demons when taking shots at goal.
We need to get our sat navs working in front of the sticks.

No stupid 50's by edwards and pussy acts from Houli and chaplin will help.
I want morris to shoulder barge Mayne every chance he gets.

AGAIN: don't muff any set shots at goal tigers.

As it has turned out, we have had a dream draw thus far this year.

This week sees us finally pitted against a true contender.

We can win, but this will be another level to what we have come against so far.

Think it will be well beyond us.

Structures

Freo have Sandilands rucking, Clarke supporting.
We've got maric and griffiths

Pavlich and Taberner the big forwards
Our tall defenders being Rance and chaplin.
Grimes will guard a mid size forward.

In defence they have Johnson and McPharlin to take on mcbean and Jack.

Tall mids at freo are
Fyfe Mundy Barlow -
Versus
Deledio Grigg and Mcintosh

The rest are little guys.

The teams match up pretty well for height.

toby64 said:
As it has turned out, we have had a dream draw thus far this year.

This week sees us finally pitted against a true contender.

We can win, but this will be another level to what we have come against so far.

Think it will be well beyond us.

Freo haven't ever really given us a big thrashing, and if so not for quite a while.
We might not get the result on Friday but there's no reason to expect we won't be competitive.
We like to travel and we like Subiaco oval.
Go tigers!!

Sorry to get off topic again but I can explain my rant about the Magpies.....I was unaware that it was a delayed telecast in QLD and I was watching the game.....as much as I hate to say.....the Pies were simply brilliant in that 3rd quarter.I tipped 8 out of 9.....couldnt pick the round thanks to tha Saints getting over the line.....bugger....but I am looking foward to this weekend! The key to winning will be Rance McBean,Jack and Ivan! Cheers ! I must have looked like a mug to you PREnders yasterday but funny Hey !

The boys will go into this game 100% believing they can win.

It's Sydney, Round 23 revisited.

why would you not go (Hardwick) to Taylor Hunt and say we appreciate your flexibility you bring to Richmond in 2015 but lets revert back to one of your Geelong strengths and that is playing a HARD tag on Fyfe. Dont worry about your disposal count, just smother him where possible. Its not like he will have 18 touches, but at the very least pressure him when he gets the ball.

Dimma and the brains trust will put a lot of planning, if the tigers if the last 3 weeks execute, we may cause the boil over of the season. Looking forward to a tiger outfit that has probably played the best defensive 3 games in a row in recent history.

This game will tell us a lot of what this tiger outfit is capable (or not ) of.

I have no idea if we can win, but we can't afford to let them get off to a flyer if we're any chance.

acatman said:
They ( wa supporters) have no idea at all about footy.They make Swans supporters look intelligent, with thier so called understanding of rules.

or you could argue they're more educated because they know the noise they make at their home games influence the umps.

se7en said:
Don't think Hardwick has ever beaten Ross Lyon.
Hardwick will get a coaching lesson here.

1 win and 1 draw. not sure how many games but it would be at least 10. Dimma also has a similar record against another coach who plays dour, defensive footy (Paul Roos).

Chimptastic said:
The boys will go into this game 100% believing they can win.

It's Sydney, Round 23 revisited.
Are freo playing their reserves?

Aside from the Crows game Freo have been having great starts but then letting sides in late in games. We need to be able to stick them as our last qtrs have very good.

Tiger Pops said:
why would you not go (Hardwick) to Taylor Hunt and say we appreciate your flexibility you bring to Richmond in 2015 but lets revert back to one of your Geelong strengths and that is playing a HARD tag on Fyfe. Dont worry about your disposal count, just smother him where possible. Its not like he will have 18 touches, but at the very least pressure him when he gets the ball.

Dimma and the brains trust will put a lot of planning, if the tigers if the last 3 weeks execute, we may cause the boil over of the season. Looking forward to a tiger outfit that has probably played the best defensive 3 games in a row in recent history.

This game will tell us a lot of what this tiger outfit is capable (or not ) of.

Grigg on Fyfe for me.
Done a good job on Selwood.

Mr Magic said:
Freo are way over rated. 2 or 3 injuries away from an average team.

Not sure how a team that's 9 out of 9 including current 2nd and 3rd sides can be classed as over-rated. Can't see us beating them and will certainly beat Gold Coast and Lions and most likely Collingwood. Will probably play Hawthorn at 13 wins out of 13.

Freo have used only 26 players this year

We have used 35

They have been very settled

Would not worry about Taberner to much as most probably Mzungu will replace him. My daughter in law says Tigers will trash the Dockers but then you do not know my daughter in law like I do. I aint rushing down to the TAB to back the Tigers with my Monopoly money either.

must kick straight to have any chance, tho as GWS showed on the weekend, that won't win matches on its own

I just read the shallowest, most one sided review of this game on the afl app, you could imagine. It sounds like we are only sending Jack to represent the team.

Meanwhile Sandilands Fyfe Pavlich Mundy Johnson blah blah blah

Let's fix their wheels