can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

can we beat the Freakmantle Shockers ?

nitrotiger said:
tigerman....I picked the Pies but they are getting a public flogging at the minute......bugger... :-[

No they're not. They're 14 points up at 3/4 time.

nitrotiger said:
tigerman....I picked the Pies but they are getting a public flogging at the minute......bugger... :-[

Haven't checked the score for a while nitrous? :hihi

nitrotiger said:

The result was never in doubt Nitro :D ;)

If we play like we did against Essendon we have zero to no chance against Fremantle. 45 tackles juts wont cut it (the average tackles per game for bottom in that area is Carlton - 55 tackles a game. The only way we're going to beat them is by highly pressuring them. I'm not confident we have the players or game to do it against Fremantle, particularly at home. Next 4 games against Dockers, Eagles, Swans and GWS will define our year. If we lose them all, we'll need to win 7 of last 8 to be a realistic chance of finals. We must excel in the next block of 4 or it's another wasted year.

If we play to our best, we can beat anyone. Just need to attack with purpose and not go sideways or backwards.

Defensive pressure to match last three weeks. We also match up ok on Dockers.

We can, but that's why its important to win the winnable games as then these are the expected losses.

B2

You guys just need to prey that Dailglish umpire ( wa based) dont umpire ya, murdered us and Essendon a few weeks ago. I dont believe they cheat, but geeze he in particular tests my patience. ( not that we were in the same league as the eagles today)

acatman said:
You guys just need to prey that Dailglish umpire ( wa based) dont umpire ya, murdered us and Essendon a few weeks ago. I dont believe they cheat, but geeze he in particular tests my patience. ( not that we were in the same league as the eagles today)
I turned on the TV this evening for 10 minutes to see what the score was and heard the eagles supporters booing the umpire over one decision. At that stage I think the frees where something like 18-6 ........ to the Eagles ???

We get a free hit this week no one expects us to win, but can we give our all and at least make them hurt go tigers!!!!!

Sintiger said:
I turned on the TV this evening for 10 minutes to see what the score was and heard the eagles supporters booing the umpire over one decision. At that stage I think the frees where something like 18-6 ........ to the Eagles ???

They ( wa supporters) have no idea at all about footy.They make Swans supporters look intelligent, with thier so called understanding of rules.

duddelist said:
We get a free hit this week no one expects us to win, but can we give our all and at least make them hurt go tigers!!!!!

Problem is: we are the only top 8 team that has to play a top team.
2-7 all play teams 13 and lower.

In a way this game becomes a must win because of the draw.

Which is ok, it gives us more to play for than freo.

Really looking forward to see what we are capable of. Great test!

Good timing just before the bye! We can throw everything we have at em!

Don't think Hardwick has ever beaten Ross Lyon.
Hardwick will get a coaching lesson here.

se7en said:
Don't think Hardwick has ever beaten Ross Lyon.
Hardwick will get a coaching lesson here.

Geez, he's come pretty darn close a few times. doubt you would find any independents who would assess our list anywhere near freo's over that time.