Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

Stylo said:
Because he's a spud and apparently told recruiters pre-draft that he only wanted to go to Essendon. Looks like that backfired.

Yes I recall that, so smug when he landed there too. Good luck to him but I don't imagine there will be too many offers.

Stylo said:
Because he's a spud and apparently told recruiters pre-draft that he only wanted to go to Essendon. Looks like that backfired.

Not only that refused to play school and rep footy for fear of getting injured, so he always would invent little niggles that would keep him out. Captained PEGS footy and played like 4 games or something from memory.

Zaharakis is the one we should chase.

Mates with Cotchin in TAC days and didn't particpate in the supplements program because he is scared of needles evidently ;D

Winderlich can play but at 29 and with his history I could take it or leave it.

I can't buy this. Must be all *smile*.

For a 30 year old bloke calling retirement, why join another club for 1 more year...if that?

Wouldn't it be better to stick with your original club who would need support if they field juniors next season?

St Kevin said:
Not only that refused to play school and rep footy for fear of getting injured, so he always would invent little niggles that would keep him out. Captained PEGS footy and played like 4 games or something from memory.

Yes, I recall his prima donna attitude at the time, his club interviews were much the same, seems he found his soulmate in Essendon.

TigerForce said:

For a 30 year old bloke calling retirement, why join another club for 1 more year...if that?

Wouldn't it be better to stick with your original club who would need support if they field juniors next season?

Essendrugs.

TigerForce said:

I reckon he retired, we offered contract for next year. Bombers got wind of it and signed him up. The *smile* hit the fan and he doesn't want to play on with the mayhem and ythe impending doom of the club now wants to come to tigers.

TigerForce said:

Are you kidding? He may not even have a team to play in, no wonder everyone is bailing, particularly those with a clean record. Would you want to spend your twilight years being pulverised by the likes of Melbourne?

bullus_hit said:
I see your point and would only go for it if we trade a junk pick. He can play though and performed very well in the latter stages of this season. Definitely an upgrade on Gordon & Lloyd.

Was going to retire towards the end then had a change of heart and his form improved bully. Coincidence or did he get an offer from the RFC!

Collo said:
If he costs us nothing why not? If it doesn't work out then no loss. It's not a short cut just a handy addition till we find a younger and READY forward. But certainly don't want to give up anything to get him. Hence, the news of him trying to get Essendon to let him out of his contract is a good thing.

Every player costs us something. That is the cost of taking a spot on the list and not taking someone else.
I don't know whether Winderlich would be a good pick up or not but he does come free.

bullus_hit said:
Are you kidding? He may not even have a team to play in, no wonder everyone is bailing, particularly those with a clean record. Would you want to spend your twilight years being pulverised by the likes of Melbourne?

Retire then. Are we getting stooged ala Greenwood just for a late season surge in his performance? I know he's been a good flanker but his best is beyond him.

Just like someone said, this smells like Blumfield. An Essendon player in a Richmond guernsey.

TigerForce said:
Retire then. Are we getting stooged ala Greenwood just for a late season surge in his performance? I know he's been a good flanker but his best is beyond him.

Just like someone said, this smells like Blumfield. An Essendon player in a Richmond guernsey.

He was in career best form, I don't see how you can definitely say his best is behind him.

Bit of a desperation move to help offset the pace lost in the "Matthew White farce"!

But it may work.

I also thought Leon Cameron and Greg Stafford would not work as injured players coming from other clubs!
They both ended up playing 80 odd games for us and were good servants, so why not this dude?

I also love it when Bummers fans crack the jimmy smits everytime Bachar kicks a goal or stars against them, so let's give 'em another player to lament!
:rofl

AFL website says we want him as an FA. Good. Let's see how this pans out then.

I'll be scooty and say "Nothing will happen" :hihi

He is 30 and has averaged 8 games a year for the last four seasons.

Send this thread to gaol, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Smoking Aces said:
Because he ain't worth chasing.

A bit of karma here. Didn't he 'tank' during the combine just so he could get to Essendon?

Ok thanks. haven't heard much of him.

WesternTiger said:
Was going to retire towards the end then had a change of heart and his form improved bully. Coincidence or did he get an offer from the RFC!

Could be, I think we would have made some overtures several months ago.

Bill James said:
He is 30 and has averaged 8 games a year for the last four seasons.

Send this thread to gaol, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

At worst he costs us nothing and we move on, we may even be eyeing him off as a sub option and impact player.