Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

Havent seen any quotes from Winderlich at all through this.

Matthew Lloyd tonight suggested he is still disillusioned but Essendon are making it difficult for him to leave.

Not sure this is all done and dusted yet.

Winderlich has retired. Thankful for large mercies that we never got him 11 months ago.

tigertim said:
Winderlich has retired. Thankful for large mercies that we never got him 11 months ago.

No doubt if we picked him there would have been many advising what an astute pick up and how good a player he was. More warning against picking up Geelong old timers.

Was thinking about this today. I think history shows that players past their best rarely work out as recycleds.
The name appeals but the reward usually doesn't come.

Windalicker was never more than a reasonable player, no sense in picking up someone like him on his last legs. Stevie J might well be cooked n not on our radar, but at his best was elite n even struggling on half a leg early this season, has still managed a fairly decent year.

jb03 said:
No doubt if we picked him there would have been many advising what an astute pick up and how good a player he was. More warning against picking up Geelong old timers.

Winder hack , and Steve Johnson are players of different ability

Silly comparison