Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

bullus_hit said:
No he's contracted, will have to be a goodwill trade similar to McGuane.
Not a chance would Essendon do that. Knowing how they operate they Will ask for pick 11.

Leysy Days said:
Very good footballer who would add in an area we sorely lack.

For a late pick leysy would do it.
Agree. Would add some much needed pace to our front third. Not bad one on one either.

Decided about 4 weeks out of the finals that this would be his last season, but then had a change of heart when he finished the year off well I think and signed on for one more year.

Played pretty well down back and can kick bags of 3-4 goals, but how's his body holding up when he decided he'd put it through enough pain and retired?

Smoking Aces said:
Not a chance would Essendon do that. Knowing how they operate they Will ask for pick 11.
Agree. Would add some much needed pace to our front third. Not bad one on one either.

Probably right, will be interesting to see how this plays out. He also didn't cop an infringement notice, sounds like he's a player with some sort of integrity.

maybe we offered him a deal a while ago....announced his retirement amid the drugs fiasco... timing seems strange.

WTF? We're whinging about Knights and we want Winderlich?

Forget it. I thought he back flipped coz he loves the Bummers and they've shown huge respect for him.

Sounds like another term insurance scheme ala A Edwards.

How do we dream these up??

If he's fit he's a goer, a reckon. Disciplined, skilled, brisk and can kick a goal.

The early scoop was that Esserdope wanted to retire him. So, yeah, that contract hurts them not us.

TigerForce said:

Forget it. I thought he back flipped coz he loves the Bummers and they've shown huge respect for him.

Yep, laughable to say the least.

I'm surprised at the love for him, will be 30 this week , played 16 games for 15 goals, 120 odd games in 12 years, obviously will cost next to nothing, personally would pass but may well play a role on an off field

TigerForce said:

Not sure how you can compare the two, Edwards was spending most of his time playing VFL football, Knights was playing SANFL. Winderlich has always been in the best 22, he has pace and he would be an immediate upgrade on the likes of Gordon & Lloyd.

He played some superb footy that I saw this year. No wonder the Bombers tried to talk him out of retiring.
Ryder loophole clause at play again?
Late pick or he retires. Take it or leave it.

aussyrules said:
Said in The Age if they let him go they get compensation for him

That's why we should say no, then again, let's drag this one a bit with an indecision as they've done with ASADA....

If we have to trade with Essendon to get him, forget it. I wouldnt even bother attempting to sort out a trade with them, Dodoro will want a first or second rounder.

TigerForce said:
That's why we should say no, then again, let's drag this one a bit with an indecision as they've done with ASADA....

Doubt they would get any compo, if Waite didn't get compo I doubt Winderlich would. They are pretty much in the same boat.

bullus_hit said:
Not sure how you can compare the two, Edwards was spending most of his time playing VFL football, Knights was playing SANFL. Winderlich has always been in the best 22, he has pace and he would be an immediate upgrade on the likes of Gordon & Lloyd.

How are you comparing bull? Immediate upgrade?? I'm just saying most on here whinge about Knights been injury prone, imagine Winderlich at 30 years of age. The bloke can break down at any second.

TigerForce said:
How are you comparing bull? Immediate upgrade?? I'm just saying most on here whinge about Knights been injury prone, imagine Winderlich at 30 years of age. The bloke can break down at any second.

Sure he could but we have 7 spots available on the list. Fitness pending, Winderlich is best 22, no question in my mind. If he comes at no cost then I'm all for it, we lost White & it hurt us to some degree. I just want some balance restored to the list.

Really surprised by this. But if he's cheap or free I'm not against it. I've always thought he's like a smaller, nimbler version of JR. Could use his footy smarts and zip for sure. Would have to be reaaaally cheap though.