Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

bullus_hit said:
Are you kidding? He may not even have a team to play in, no wonder everyone is bailing, particularly those with a clean record. Would you want to spend your twilight years being pulverised by the likes of Melbourne?

Hey, you can come to Richmond and do that!

Smoking Aces said:
Richmond must trade for Winderlich or rely on Essendon releasing him from his contract.

AFL website says we want him as an FA only. Don't feed the junkies.

When Dustin Fletcher eventually retires, he will have to turn the lights off at Tullamarine, provided that after paying all of their fines, legal bills, law suits, out of court settlements and MBAs for Hirdy, they actually have enough left over to pay a couple more electricity bills in 2015.

This is getting sad now. If they had only had the balls to cut Hird loose in February, 2013, they may have avoided some of this.

Only one outcome left now- death by a hundred cuts.

WesternTiger said:
Was going to retire towards the end then had a change of heart and his form improved bully. Coincidence or did he get an offer from the RFC!

I don't recon he would have signed on for an extra year with the Druggies if that was the case mate. To hop on a different tram... Maybe he has been watching what has been going on at Windy Hill and is just totally sick up and fed with it! As a more mature guy, he may be able to actually see what the admin, and Tird, have done to the players, and has cracked the jimmy smits about it all and wants to get as far away as he can from the place.

As someone mentioned, how many people thought Stafford or Cameron would have provided the boost they did?

IF this is true, and it materializes, how about we look at the positives he brings instead of harping on about how his body 'may' give up...

Oh, this has a few good bits but the ending is the best :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l7m0k7svbI

I was annoyed last year when we gave away our 2nd round pick for Hampson. Everyone knew that recruiting him would not work, and evidently that's how it panned out.
Now, for the club to make a play for Winderlich, just makes me want to throw up. What is the use of this recruitment policy? I watched him closely play against us the night we beat Essendank, after every involvement once the ball was not in his area he would stretch his hamstring. That's how much confidence he has in his legs.
This possible pick up just doesn't make sence to me, when we have other younger players we need to develop before taking in a JW and his dodgy hammy's.

TOT70 said:
When Dustin Fletcher eventually retires, he will have to turn the lights off at Tullamarine, provided that after paying all of their fines, legal bills, law suits, out of court settlements and MBAs for Hirdy, they actually have enough left over to pay a couple more electricity bills in 2015.

This is getting sad now. If they had only had the balls to cut Hird loose in February, 2013, they may have avoided some of this.

Only one outcome left now- death by a hundred cuts.

Big Chief Little has a spare $800m to help Ess out apparently.

What worries me is if we recruit the hard bodied senior type our coach will favour them to a fault.

At the expense of McDonagh, Lloyd, etc.

Our older recruits are beginning to form a crust over the list preventing development.

Winder ouch is the type of junior we need to recruit.

On another classic piece of irony back in the day when ty zantuck went to essendon and did not work out I recall Lloyd having a go at Richmond about being a basket case and having a bad culture. Hated essendon even more after that comment. Guess he was proven somewhat wrong in that matter

Carter said:
What worries me is if we recruit the hard bodied senior type our coach will favour them to a fault.

At the expense of McDonagh, Lloyd, etc.

Our older recruits are beginning to form a crust over the list preventing development.

Bare in mind that older players Adwards, Stephenson, King and Jackson have gone off the list.
There's some room to move.
I expect us to target mids in the draft. Lighter bodies. Running talent. They'll need some cover.

money ball again. Is this a joke or what? Hawks get Frawley and we target Wonderlich :rofl

Lets look at what comes in as an overall package trading, draft before we burn punt road down. Maybe the strategy is all about pace as that is what everyone on here has been asking for. I don't see how or why we micro analyse each and every decision the club makes. I'm sure if Winderlich takes there bounces down the outer wing at the G next year to beat the Hawks in a preliminary final. It will be the best decision the club ever made, visionary, outstanding. All I can say is I was a fan of what I saw last year, if he brings that I'll be happy. He looked a good player one on one, particularly in the forward fifty and he looked good with his break away speed round the contest. I didn't see any of that at either AFL or VFL level from Madonna or others mentioned.... But that would ruin a good story. Lets get him as a free agent....... he adds a bit of what we don't have.

Have always liked winderlich but he is just far too injury prone. Really don't understand our wanting him - surely our window is just open a little bit at the moment and far to early to be resorting to this. We should be more interested in the likes of Howlett, Myers, heppell zaharakis and Carlisle, these guys would be around for a few more years than windy and could help open our window a bit more.