Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

uhuh uhuh said:
Kyle Hardingham now also wants out...
Also heard that Kavanagh, the kid they selected a few years ago (there was some talk that North were interested in picking him and he knocked them back because he wanted to go to Essendon) wants out as well. At this rate they won't have enough players left to field a team.

Wasn't it Kavanagh's mum that was interviewed on SEN when all of the Bummer issues first came out and bagged the crap out of Hird and the club?

I thought he had a bit of class as a junior. Haven't really seen him at senior level. Is he just starved of opportunity or hasn't stepped up?

Bill James said:
Cousins was an addict and almost finished as a player. Richmond took a massive cultural risk for 32 average midfield games. Going forward its highly likely Garlett will play more than 32 games and Winderlich will play less, neither will present the cultural risk Cousins did.

Good to see that none of our players turned out to be addicts as well. Cuz was great mentor for Chimp, Lids & co.

TigerForce said:
Good to see that none of our players turned out to be addicts as well. Cuz was great mentor for Chimp, Lids & co.

He may have been an addict (still is), but given that Cotch, Lids and Dusty still bring up his influence in regards to preparation, attitude and training then I wouldn't say he offered nothing like some have.

The move wasn't as successful as the hype surrounding it warranted, but it was hardly a waste of time if Cousins' imparted some of his on field professionalism to our midfielders.

Bill James said:
Cousins was an addict and almost finished as a player. Richmond took a massive cultural risk for 32 average midfield games. Going forward its highly likely Garlett will play more than 32 games and Winderlich will play less, neither will present the cultural risk Cousins did.
Good point but cousins attitude towards training and preparing for games was second to none. I'm sure a lot of our young guns took note of what it takes to be an elite player

BrisTiger24 said:
Wasn't it Kavanagh's mum that was interviewed on SEN when all of the Bummer issues first came out and bagged the crap out of Hird and the club?

I thought he had a bit of class as a junior. Haven't really seen him at senior level. Is he just starved of opportunity or hasn't stepped up?
I'm not sure. I don't think her identity was ever made public. I remember Robbo carrying on about her using her first name, because that was all that was given and how dare they protect the source. Has this guy actually got an recognised journalistic accreditation? Both North and Essendon were keen at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if all this has affected the kid's game.

CarnTheTiges said:
I'm not sure. I don't think her identity was ever made public. I remember Robbo carrying on about her using her first name, because that was all that was given and how dare they protect the source. Has this guy actually got an recognised journalistic accreditation? Both North and Essendon were keen at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if all this has affected the kid's game.

Didn't Blobbo actually accuse the "Mum" of just being made up and not real ? Patrick Smith then said that the Bombers had spoken to her and Blobbo nearly cried on air because no one told him. It was then clear to anyone who still had doubts that Blobbo's "source" for all EFC news was the hird camp and no one else.

Bill James said:

I have never seen any player at our club gut run like Cousins used to.
He would give it 120% and was totally *smile*ed by the end of the game. Good on Cuz for showing our players what to do pity none of them have continued with it

btoz_01 said:
I have never seen any player at our club gut run like Cousins used to.
He would give it 120% and was totally *smile*ed by the end of the game. Good on Cuz for showing our players what to do pity none of them have continued with it

It was pretty funny seeing him always have to direct the players where to run to get a handball. His work ethic was so far above any player we have had on our list bar Richo for decades.

Jason King said:
It was pretty funny seeing him always have to direct the players where to run to get a handball. His work ethic was so far above any player we have had on our list bar Richo for decades.
That was how Cousins was, though. I read in his autobiography that whatever he did he had to do it full on. It not only applied to his training, but also his drug taking.

Tigers of Old said:
So are we any closer to actually landing Winderlich today?

I think we are waiting for Hird to crack the *smile*, stamp his foot, through a hissy fit and then have Mc Lauchlan say "Now Now James you have to share".

Tigers of Old said:
So are we any closer to actually landing Winderlich today?

As boring as stalemate in chess. Golden Tird's laying back dreaming about that 2015 flag....

Isn't half the team looking to get out? Ryder, Winderlich, Howlett, Hardingham, Kavanagh and how many others are they having to talk out of it every day? To say nothing about how they are trying to figure out if the coach is going to be Hird, Thompson, Harvey, O'Donnell or Sheedy. So much to do, so little time!

Every Essendon official must be busier than a one-armed sushi chef at the Tokyo Fisherman's Ball.

TOT70 said:
Isn't half the team looking to get out? Ryder, Winderlich, Howlett, Hardingham, Kavanagh and how many others are they having to talk out of it every day? To say nothing about how they are trying to figure out if the coach is going to be Hird, Thompson, Harvey, O'Donnell or Sheedy. So much to do, so little time!

Every Essendon official must be busier than a one-armed sushi chef at the Tokyo Fisherman's Ball.

:hihi

He retired because of his body apparently yet after a couple of 'impact moments' in games (due to a reduced training load) he wants back in.

30 in 2 days.

No thanks.

MackTiger said:
He retired because of his body apparently yet after a couple of 'impact moments' in games (due to a reduced training load) he wants back in.

30 in 2 days.

No thanks.

Probably right
But even the tigers acknowledge it's for free or not at all

If what i heard on radio this morning is true that we are offering Winderlich a 3 year contract on decent coin then Dimma and his half wits should be all be lined up and the manure truck should unload!!!

What an absolute joke it will be if it is true, especially considering we let Matt White go for nothing.

frawleyudud said:
If what i heard on radio this morning is true that we are offering Winderlich a 3 year contract on decent coin then Dimma and his half wits should be all be lined up and the manure truck should unload!!!

What an absolute joke it will be if it is true, especially considering we let Matt White go for nothing.

If true, it is a joke.

Should be 2 yr maximum but if we get him I would prefer a 1 yr contract with a number of games played in 2015 trigger for the 2nd year.