Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

I've got a good friend who is a Carlton member and has good contacts within that club. He mentioned to me when I enquired about Garlett that he totally lost the plot when his missus packed up and left with their kid and went back to WA. Malthouse apparently told him to go back to the 2's and get his head right but he went further off the rails. Hasnt been the same since.

Tommy H said:
I've got a good friend who is a Carlton member and has good contacts within that club. He mentioned to me when I enquired about Garlett that he totally lost the plot when his missus packed up and left with their kid and went back to WA. Malthouse apparently told him to go back to the 2's and get his head right but he went further off the rails. Hasnt been the same since.
Perfect fit for Melbourne

French Tiger said:
Absolutely agree, Christ we took on Ben Cousins, couldn't we back ourselves to manage his behaviour ?

Well from all reports we couldn't manage Cousins behaviour.

Tigers of Old said:
I don't reckon they'll let him play for us. The trigger clause will be the stumbling block.

Any good will they hope to have with the playing group, or other afl teams, would vanish.

Broders said:
Chasing Winderlich is an obvious admission that we made a mistake letting White go.

I don't the club had to chase to Licha to admit we made a mistake with Matt White.

Surely the exodus of players from EFC would be enough for the board to terminate Hird's contract and not suffer unfair dismissal hearings.

But then again, this is a lot of fun to watch especially as nothing will happen

Dont think this trade will happen Bombers want to keep him we dont want to give them anything shame hope we get him be a great fit

Good player when on the park, would be a very good fit for our needs. I was surprised at his age, I assumed he was about 25. Given injuries you wouldn't give a 3rd round pick or better, particularly given we have been carrying knights

tommygun said:
Cousins was a champ, gartlett is a chump
Cousins was an addict and almost finished as a player. Richmond took a massive cultural risk for 32 average midfield games. Going forward its highly likely Garlett will play more than 32 games and Winderlich will play less, neither will present the cultural risk Cousins did.

Bill James said:
Cousins was an addict and almost finished as a player. Richmond took a massive cultural risk for 32 average midfield games. Going forward its highly likely Garlett will play more than 32 games and Winderlich will play less, neither will present the cultural risk Cousins did.

Garlett has massive off-field issues and won't play for Carlton again, so you could say that Garlett will present a high risk as a pick-up. Different issues to Cousins, but issues nonetheless.

Dee's up against it to get the best out of him.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Garlett has massive off-field issues and won't play for Carlton again, so you could say that Garlett will present a high risk as a pick-up. Different issues to Cousins, but issues nonetheless.

Dee's up against it to get the best out of him.

With Melbourne's impeccable record of player development and welfare, I'm sure everything will be hunky-dory.

Bill James said:
Cousins was an addict and almost finished as a player. Richmond took a massive cultural risk for 32 average midfield games.

Thank heavens someone calls it as it was and is not blinded by his former exploits at West Coast pre addiction spiralling out of control.
Some want to rewrite history.

However on the flip side Bill, Garlett lied to his coach recently and has had a terrible 2014 on and off field. Don't want him either.
Betts was the star small fwd at Carlton.

uhuh uhuh said:
Kyle Hardingham now also wants out...

Another who hasn't displayed the same form since the Bombers 'program'.
Unlike Licka he is potentially facing time out of the game.