Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

frawleyudud said:
If what i heard on radio this morning is true that we are offering Winderlich a 3 year contract on decent coin then Dimma and his half wits should be all be lined up and the manure truck should unload!!!

What an absolute joke it will be if it is true, especially considering we let Matt White go for nothing.

No chance that's true. No one would offer 3 years to a player that had retired.

frawleyudud said:
If what i heard on radio this morning is true that we are offering Winderlich a 3 year contract on decent coin then Dimma and his half wits should be all be lined up and the manure truck should unload!!!

What an absolute joke it will be if it is true, especially considering we let Matt White go for nothing.

What radio station was this stated on?

At this time of year only bout 2% of things end up turning out correct (3 yr deal, im referring to)

cant be more than 1 year,,, with a heavily influenced contract based on senior games played.

3 year .. top coin, is just someone pulling our leg

Tiger Pops said:
cant be more than 1 year,,, with a heavily influenced contract based on senior games played.

3 year .. top coin, is just someone pulling our leg

I'd say yes, someone is pulling our leg, Winderlich himself stated he only has 2 years left.

tigertim said:
What radio station was this stated on?
Whitey said it on RSN , he said he hadn't heard it from the club just around the traps type stuff....imho the only way this would be true is if it's to get Essendon a compo pick by us offering him 3 , however he would more then likely retire after a year anyway an contract terminated...just a theory, however surely it would only be one anyway he only wants out because of his distain at the club now so I can't see him wanting more then 1 year anyway with what's been said

CarnTheTiges said:
Also heard that Kavanagh, the kid they selected a few years ago (there was some talk that North were interested in picking him and he knocked them back because he wanted to go to Essendon) wants out as well. At this rate they won't have enough players left to field a team.
Quickly off-topic, I'm stunned by this

a) he allegedly jaw-boned / draft-tampered to get to Essington
b) he is whingeing about not enough gametime, yet if the worst outcome hits them, he'll play every week

Amazing, even by EFC "standards"

In any event, Pick 106 should get Vinderlich to Punt Road

So, any movement from Golden Tird? Has he arrived from la la land or is he still staring into the mirrors?

TigerForce said:
So, any movement from Golden Tird? Has he arrived from la la land or is he still staring into the mirrors?

Age was reporting Tird, Little and Mark Harvey going to try and talk him into staying at the druggos.

tiges said:
Age was reporting Tird, Little and Mark Harvey going to try and talk him into staying at the druggos.

Having Jimmy Boy and Little on your case would surely make you want to leave even more

Herr_Tiger said:
b) he is whingeing about not enough gametime, yet if the worst outcome hits them, he'll play every week
Think you need to translate this comment and all other comments by players leaving Esserdope as

" Totally *smile* sick to death of all this druggies saga, get me to a club where I can just play footy ". Then it all makes perfect sense.

I heard Whitey on Sport 927 this morning on the way to work that RFC will offer a 3 yr deal. If they do I would be upset considering they wouldn't give matt White an extra year on his contract and this bloke was saying that he was going to retire cos he couldn't get out of bed in the morning and do up his shoelaces. Don't get me wrong I would take him BUT on a one year contract only.