What changes would you like to see next season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What changes would you like to see next season?

asian tetley said:
Benny gale to move aside.
Replaced by mark Riccuito.
Someone with footy smarts and balls.
kick Benny out who has done more for our Club than anyone else in decades & bring in a bloke who by all accounts runs his Club like a dictatorship?

Jonesracing82 said:
kick Benny out who has done more for our Club than anyone else in decades & bring in a bloke who by all accounts runs his Club like a dictatorship?
I agree. AT lets his hate for the new Richmond blind anything approaching common sense.

asian tetley said:
Benny gale to move aside.
Replaced by mark Riccuito.
Someone with footy smarts and balls.
Can't work out if you are trolling these days or just really stupid. My money is on the latter.

Jonesracing82 said:

Gale has taken the club from *smile* to gold and on top, clowns want him out and to be replaced by blokes like riccshitto.
I've said some dumb things over the years, but this dosent even come close.
This club would crumble if gale left tomorrow

hutstar said:
Can't work out if you are trolling these days or just really stupid. My money is on the latter.

or drunk on the cheap stuff

zippadeee said:
Gale has taken the club from sh!t to gold and on top, clowns want him out and to be replaced by blokes like riccsh!tto.
I've said some dumb things over the years, but this dosent even come close.
This club would crumble if gale left tomorrow

I thought joe Russo made some reasonable points myself.
The financials arnt as rosey as we are led to believe.
The football department needs more resources and more experience.
As he said we are just kidding ourselves at the moment.

I realise any query re Benny brings howls of condemnation from those who lap up the stability mantra from the current administration.
Benny has done a good job re memberships etc
However the football dept is lagging and that is an issue that needs to be addressed.

It was interesting listening to Peggy's AGM speech , clearly trying to deflect criticism re the lack of change in the football dept.
She highlighted that changes had occured and cited the recent additions to the coaching dept.
What she didn't say was that they were forced changes to cover the coaches who were leaving.
The club never gets on the front foot in football appointments and hasn't done so for a considerable time

One would think that after three unsuccessful final appearances changes would be forthcoming.
But no it's steady as she goes.
Inaction is not going to take us anywhere.

I'd like to see some positivity and happiness come into your life next year asian. :)

rosy23 said:
I'd like to see some positivity and happiness come into your life next year asian. :)

My posting like most re optimism will probably reflect our performances next year Rosy.

Wouldn't want ricciutto bringing his baggage that's for sure. :-X

I'd like to see Choco in the coaches box on match day, a wise head would be beneficial.

I would like to see us win a Premiership, failing that, get to the preliminary final.

I'd like to see us sign Ollie Wines and have a ruckman step up to take the pressure off Captain Lionheart himself, Ivan.
I'd like to see Astbury discover his mojo and allow Chaplin to consider retirement.
I'd like to see Benny Griffiths become the CHF his potential says he could be.
I'd like chimp to improve on his 2012 form, albeit 4 years late.

Apart from the recruiting (which is "ok" but not great), I'm happy with the off field stuff. I'm not asking for much am I?

I'd like to see a young tall ripping it up in the twos 3 years running knocking down the door with multiple bags of 4, 5, 6 goals making it impossible not to pick him.

Oh wait...

Maybe this kid's a chance. CHB for the state side but appears able to play mid and forward. Kills it on either side of the body.

We're probably jsut kidding ourselves that we fluke having someone this skilled on our list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABIiLDdLC8