What changes would you like to see next season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What changes would you like to see next season?

BT Tiger said:
Although I agree that our age bracket shouldn't have a lot of influence to our top 4 and premiership hopes, the line of Vlastuin to the middle hasn't been proved in any capacity so far, and with no guarantees that he will suddenly become the revelation some think he might.

Agree it hasnt been proved. That is leysy's point, it hasn't had a chance to be proven. It may or may not give us a (187cm, 86kg) option in the middle, but Dimma hasn't even given himself the opportunity to add that flexibility.

BT Tiger said:
Jack has worked out OK playing midfield

He's had his turn further up the ground at times, but has hardly been given an opportunity in the midfield and especially where he is most suited (at stoppages).

We've barely scratched the surface there, in fact he's been very much under utilised ILHO.

Leysy Days said:
2 years away??? Jack (especially) and Lids will be on the downhill run.

And sorry but that 19 players over 50 games is a poor copout TT.

Firstly the correct answer is 21, Hawthorn also "only" have 21 players with more than 50 games. Are they still 2 years away? Likewise Sydney way less than us with 16 and Geelong 19. At a glance think only 24 players over that threshold is the highest in the land (Freo). If using that stat we have zero excuse re: experience TT.

Also disagree re: lacking the types to be versatile. He just doesnt try the right types. Jack for starters and secondly Nick Vlastuin should have played a number at stoppages last year, we then could have gone to either (or both) of those big bodies to stem the flow against North when things were swimming against us.

No-one can tell me Roughead is a better player than Jack, but because of Clarksons lateral thinking he gets far more out of his asset than we do.

Cant agree with much of that mate, agree with BT on Vlas and also as much as i love Jack i don't think many people would rate him above Roughy... Roughy is a monster and like Goodes can play any position, his versatility is amazing and a damn good player to boot!

I hope like hell we get one next year but with our age demographic i can't see it. You argue Hawks but you need to consider they have been using this model for years, we are only now getting our list in order, for me its a different scenario...

for us to ave more than 100pts for per game & under 86 pts against per game, 15 of the last 16 Premiers have been in this window!

Might need to do some jigging of the game plans and structures if Martin becomes unavailable for a period of time.

Changes to leadership group

Out Chaplin & Morris
In Rance & Riewoldt

Underperforming players dropped quickly and reward performing players from the two's.

All credits from last season wiped clean no free rides.

None of this lose man in defence every one should be accountable for a player when they have the ball. This will give our forwards a fair chance to kick a winning score.

yandb said:
Underperforming players dropped quickly and reward performing players from the two's.

None of this lose man in defence every one should be accountable for a player when they have the ball. This will give our forwards a fair chance to kick a winning score.

Yep, yep and sometimes - depending on game situation.

yandb said:

I agree, last season we lost a few games on the trot including getting flogged by the North in Hobart, the match committee brought in McBean, Ellis and Menadue for their first games and Elton for his second game against Collingwood and we towelled them up.

tigerman said:
I agree, last season we lost a few games on the trot including getting flogged by the North in Hobart, the match committee brought in McBean, Ellis and Menadue for their first games and Elton for his second game against Collingwood and we towelled them up.

by 5 points

Cotch out as skipper. Need someone to rev up the players with a bit of Tiger in the Tank. Jacks up forward but ya need someone in the gunline to stoke the fire. You want someone with guts , determination & bloody mindedness . Martin fits the bill but to be a leader of men ya gotta have the gray matter . Rance out , Houli out, Maric , Ellis out ,Chaplin out so who is left . Lids is my pick.

asian tetley said:
Benny gale to move aside.
Replaced by mark Riccuito.
Someone with footy smarts and balls.

Loved Roo as a player but from all that ive read it his way or the highway, political and somewhat devisive personality from all accounts, leave him at the crows as he would never leave anyhow!

Long live Benny i say!!

asian tetley said:
Haha. Thats funny. Benny has way more runs on the board.

asian tetley said:

Who? And why? The bloke has the smarts of a walnut

toby64 said:
Changes? On field leaders to grow some balls.

Yup, I remember when Edwards was bowled over front on by Buddy and Newnan came in and did Jack *smile*. It was laughable!