Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Well done mate what a career, you said it lifes tough but one thing you will always have to help you get through is your richmond brothers for life.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
This bloke's life would make a good film. A genuinely tough, unique, and humble player, he matched our game style to a tee as McIntosh's workhorse partner on the other wing.

This retirement has a few extra layers of sadness to it. I wish you well for your future Marlion, thank you for the joy you provided we Tiger fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users
The MRO and the AFL will sure miss his regular financial contributions to them . They sure had it in for him from day one
They'll probably forget to cancel the monthly auto-payment subscription deductions

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
He was a hard uncompromising player on the pitch who didn't know how to give up and his whole VFL / AFL career with us was a joy to watch. We will miss his commitment to the game , the club and the game. The AFL will miss him too but on financial considerations.
Another Richmond man

Reactions: 3 users
This bloke's life would make a good film. A genuinely tough, unique, and humble player, he matched our game style to a tee as McIntosh's workhorse partner on the other wing.

This retirement has a few extra layers of sadness to it. I wish you well for your future Marlion, thank you for the joy you provided we Tiger fans.
Well said mate

Reactions: 1 users
Already problem solved.
At those rates it'll take the AFL 10 years to equal 1 of Foosh's fines. Gunna b some skinny end of season *smile* ups at HQ.

Hope he makes the most of his last game. The evil side of me hopes he goes out with a few bangs and makes sure his opponents never forget him. Only downer is that it's against GCS and there no one there who I would love to see on the end of a full-strength Pickett hip and shoulder.
Maybe if Dimma coaches from the sidelines Foosh could kinda give everyone a laugh.

Such a shame we couldn't get him to the 100.

All Premiership players should have their kids tied to the club, its an anomaly that should be fixed.

Put fear into opposition players at his best did Marlion.

Great football story, great life story a hard journey.

Richmond Man always said he'd never play for anyone else after the RFC gave him his chance as did Broad.

They've both kept their word.

This season has gotten worse as its gone along.

The recruitment team better get this post season right.

Thank You Marlion will never forget your debut.

There was seemingly no end to the magic that was being conjured at Punt Road in 2019, .....................now .......well ......................................

Congratulations on your career,Marlion, and all the best on your retirement.

Reactions: 15 users
Sad to see him go, thought he had more good games in him. Played too many games out of position but he just did what was asked.

What can you say about his debut, must have thought life would be easy at Richmond, play a game, get a premiership. Deserved it too, great game and that blind turn was magic.

So happy he played for Richmond.

Hope the charges get dropped, leave him alone!

DS

Reactions: 11 users
Never seen a footballer like Marlion in my eyes .

Tough, skilled , disciplined, incredible gut runner , brilliant side step , outstanding aggressive tackler/ bump artist, however …
Soft , woeful skills , undisciplined, deer in headlight moments .

Just a personal thing but MP in some says was one of my favourites , I also found him as frustrating player as I’ve seen .

His blind turn and his goal in the 2019 GF are 2 of my favourite moments as a Tiger

Wrapt the Tiges gave him a go and what a story it’s been , is he deserving of a farewell game considering how much footy his missed when we have cubs who could use the experience?? Well the club believe so and that’s all that matters .

Thanks MP and best of luck in the future

Reactions: 6 users
'The way i grew up is different to everybody else'

Is one of the great lines, wonderfully delivered.

'Id love to get to 100, but i wont, cause im retired'

Not far behind.

Bravo Marlion.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
'The way i grew up is different to everybody else'

Is one of the great lines, wonderfully delivered.

'Id love to get to 100, but i wont, cause im retired'

Not far behind.

Bravo Marlion.
Yep loved it.

If Baker, Bolton or Rioli were still torn about leaving the retirement speeches this week might have just swayed them back to staying put.

Reactions: 3 users
A few GC players might be a bit more nervous about an incoming Marlion bump this week...
As someone said it is a pity we are playing the Suns!

But i also reckon Pickett has too much class to just go the biff cos its his last game. He will play the way he always has. and i reckon he will go out there to enjoy the moment, not to try to bash opponents.

Reactions: 8 users