Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

It was reported somewhere that he was looking to retire due to ongoing injuries. And that he will stay in Melb.

His is truly a unique story and hopefully he can settle into life after footy and find a role that gives him joy and reward.
Disappointed he could not have hung on for a few more matches next year even as sub to get to the 100 games

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for everything Pickett. Holds the record as the only AFL player to debut in front of 100k+ fans. The Grand Final blind turn is part of AFL folklore.

Only regret is that we didn't get him to 100 games to lock in his kids.

He would have got to 100 games if the MRO hadn't targeted him so often.

Reactions: 3 users
1 Premiership in your first game..
2 Premierships in your first 20..
I've never hear a crowd so awestruck that moment he did the blind turn at the MCG in bright sunshine.

Just an incredible story & is now part of Richmond folklore.
All the best Marlion.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
View attachment 24029
Who can forget Pickett unbelievable mark running into pack to take a chest mark in VFL GF
Then Callum Jones cracks the hits saying it would’ve been his mark
Marlion thanks for the great memories :cupgold :cupgold Wish you all the best for life after footy
Poor Aartsy, wonder if he ever found what was left of his lower ribs.

Life is getting harder to take being a TIGER supporter with all our legends retiring. All the best Marlion and hope retirement serves you well. Greatest MSD pick of all time.

Life is getting harder to take being a TIGER supporter with all our legends retiring. All the best Marlion and hope retirement serves you well. Greatest MSD pick of all time.
Yeah Nah. I was finding it hard to watch blokes who were a shadow of themselves.
I’m all in on the new gen.
(I think Jackmond was my biggest loss. )
But I’m totally biased towards forwards.

Hope he makes the most of his last game. The evil side of me hopes he goes out with a few bangs and makes sure his opponents never forget him. Only downer is that it's against GCS and there no one there who I would love to see on the end of a full-strength Pickett hip and shoulder.

Reactions: 1 user
Pickett: "Ooze....gonna miss coming in checking on ya....coz coaching's a hard gig" :mhihi

• Haha
Yeah Nah. I was finding it hard to watch blokes who were a shadow of themselves.
I’m all in on the new gen.
(I think Jackmond was my biggest loss. )
But I’m totally biased towards forwards.
I agree mate, but it's still a hollow feeling.

Reactions: 1 users
Hope he makes the most of his last game. The evil side of me hopes he goes out with a few bangs and makes sure his opponents never forget him. Only downer is that it's against GCS and there no one there who I would love to see on the end of a full-strength Pickett hip and shoulder.
Knowing the AFL a they would probably let him off with a fine ….of $30,000 !!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The coach?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Another outstanding speech. There will never ever, ever, EVERRRRRRRR be another Marlion Pickett. What a story.

The relationship with Shai, never knew it was like that. And clearly one of those blokes that would be quiet but come out with a zinger every now and then.

Reactions: 6 users