Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

WHat a fabulous game.That was very special.
Had a impact from the moment he walked on.
From his first goal in afl footy to his last one today ,its just a wonderful story.

Wish he was playing next year

Reactions: 20 users
So Marlion retiring has freed up a spot on the list.
They're pretty good players them Picketts....Marlion, Byron and Kosi.
The thought that Marlion's children might be gun Pickett players too is very appealing.
Pretty sure Marlion's court case goes to trial in October. If he is found not guilty🫰depending how long the case goes for, we could select him in either the November rookie draft with our last pick, or the preseason supplemental selection period, just a thought.
We should do it.

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty, Grimes, Naismith and Marlion have retired.
Coulthard, Dow and Cumberland will probably be delisted.
Dan Rioli, Bakes, Bolton and Graham look like leaving.
Why not select Marlion with our last Rookie selection if he is found not guilty.

I would love to see Pickett play another season. The game changed when he came on today. Unfortunately seems like he’s had enough.

Reactions: 9 users
Showed his class today. He is clearly capable of going on. The impression I got from his speech was the toll it took on his family was too much so he is retiring.

Go well Marlion and thanks for the contribution, you will be remembered and revered for a very long time.

DS

Reactions: 13 users
He was especially favoured by the crowd today. Standing ovation for entering play and each involvement was cheered. And eh, he kicked the goal. Retired in good form.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Dusty, Grimes, Naismith and Marlion have retired.
Coulthard, Dow and Cumberland will probably be delisted.
Dan Rioli, Bakes, Bolton and Graham look like leaving.
Why not select Marlion with our last Rookie selection if he is found not guilty.
Probably because he doesn’t want to play anymore.

Could've played on another year, Was he tapped?

I would've preferred to give him another year instead of McIntosh.

Reactions: 1 user
Could've played on another year, Was he tapped?
nah, he tapped.
i would imagine the mental exhaustion of the court case played a part
he looks tired
funny though he came on and changed the energy yesterday
he'll be missed around the club