Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Kicked a goal in his first game which was a winning grand final, kicked his last goal in his last game for the Tigers. Tough as nails, a team loved member and team first.

Well done Marlion, best wishes for the future.

Reactions: 9 users
Sounds like he knows his body and wanted to go out whilst still being able to go well unlike some of our top guys who just hung on for one season too long and were seen to be a shell of their previous standards
It could be argued that several of our stars went on too long but it is extremely hard to convince any champ that his time is up without creating angst among the players.
Where else can some of these guys earn
Half a mil for doing what they love?

Reactions: 1 user
Tom Lynch in our room, yesterday, was adamant that it was his decision.
With all due respect would the players be told the absolute truth?
I could see how all clubs would suggest that a player retire and then the wider.list are told it was his decision.
I guess we will never know and it doesnt matter, but its still a sad moment. Life and football careers are short

Loved his goal in 2019.
Roared like it was a dusty goal when he kicked truly last night

I could see how all clubs would suggest that a player retire and then the wider.list are told it was his decision.
I guess we will never know and it doesnt matter, but its still a sad moment. Life and football careers are short

Nah they are professionals, they would all be told the truth and good clubs would treat the delistings with dignity and respect.
Richmond is still a good club.

Reactions: 4 users
Another source also said it was his decision. Family coming first was stated by both parties.

Reactions: 4 users
Another source also said it was his decision. Family coming first was stated by both parties.
He refers to it in his speech. I think there are plenty of posters on here who'd do a great job working for the click bait AFL media...

Reactions: 2 users
Kicked a goal in his first game which was a winning grand final, kicked his last goal in his last game for the Tigers. Tough as nails, a team loved member and team first.

Marlion has a few unique AFL records.

Debuted in a Grand Final
Premiership winner in his first game.
Played in front of 100k in his first game, Played in front of 0 people in his second game
Wooden Spooner in his last game.

Would have loved to have seen him get 100 games. His efforts on Saturday prove he could have gone around 1 more year, even if just an impact sub.

Reactions: 13 users
Marlion has a few unique AFL records.

Debuted in a Grand Final
Premiership winner in his first game.
Played in front of 100k in his first game, Played in front of 0 people in his second game
Wooden Spooner in his last game.

Would have loved to have seen him get 100 games. His efforts on Saturday prove he could have gone around 1 more year, even if just an impact sub.
Kicked a goal in his first and last game, and didn't the crowd love it.

Reactions: 1 users