Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Thanks for everything Pickett. Holds the record as the only AFL player to debut in front of 100k+ fans. The Grand Final blind turn is part of AFL folklore.

Only regret is that we didn't get him to 100 games to lock in his kids.

Reactions: 7 users
I'll never forget the mark he took in the 2019 VFL Qualifying final against the Bummers @ PRO.

I wont ever forget the game also, 40pts behind @ 3/4 time :)
Great call @taztiger4 , running with the flight of the ball and marking is about the most courageous thing a footballer can do. Sensational mark and followed up with a goal IIRC?
That and the GF selection on debut, the pirouette and then the goal from Dusty's pass I will never forget

Reactions: 1 user
So Marlion retiring has freed up a spot on the list.
They're pretty good players them Picketts....Marlion, Byron and Kosi.
The thought that Marlion's children might be gun Pickett players too is very appealing.
Pretty sure Marlion's court case goes to trial in October. If he is found not guilty🫰depending how long the case goes for, we could select him in either the November rookie draft with our last pick, or the preseason supplemental selection period, just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Was always an exciting player to watch when he was at his peak both for his skills and occasional outbursts of violence which he tried to curb when the bump was going out of business.

• Dislike
I had that mark as my picture on this site for a while Taz, it was an astonishing grab.
A great game as you said.
I was 2 metres from where it happened.
Can’t remember the Richmond player ( McBean? ) but they were filthy that he ran at them, turned and took the mark. Think they gave him a spray.
BTW I was there for the entire match and told my mates at half time he would never make it. He was useless up until that 3/4 time.
Can’t always be right.

Can’t remember the Richmond player ( McBean? ) but they were filthy that he ran at them, turned and took the mark. Think they gave him a spray.
BTW I was there for the entire match and told my mates at half time he would never make it. He was useless up until that 3/4 time.
Can’t always be right.
it was CJ & what the *smile* were you doing @ CHF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Every Richmond supporter will remember that blind turn for the rest of their lives. Thanks for all the other memories Marlion. One of the truly tough guys without being a *smile* about it on a footy field.

I wasn't sold on him at the start, I remember Ezy was his biggest supporter back in 2020 when most of us in Melbourne couldn't get to games. We were being told of the power of work he did on the wings etc. It was only after football returned to Melbourne in 2021 that a lot of us really understand what Marlion was all about and we could see that off the ball work (think outside of camera angles) that was so important to how we set up as a team. I was very happy to admit that what I saw on TV I was wrong about, its probably 1 of the reasons why I comment a lot less on games that I don't physically go to, how can I, when I don't really see the full picture of the game.

I reckon if his court case results in an acquittal, or he is found not guilty, then he will find a role within footy, in an indigenous programme. He's exactly the type of person you want to put in front of a bunch of young kids, who can tell them how easy it is to let your life spiral out of control, and how a structure life like footy can provide you with that structure and desire to pull you out of this out of control times in your life.

Reactions: 11 users
Can’t always be right.
I have read his book and if I remember correctly he had been away for a week or two because his wife’s brother had died tragically in WA and that was his first game back?
I think it was that game.
Nank played as he was coming back from injury and kicked the goal to put us in front as well as CCJ,Butler, RCD, Chol, Menedue, Naish, McIntosh, Ross and Aarts as some senior players. Maybe Noah Balta might have played as well?

• Love
IMG_0877.jpeg
Who can forget Pickett unbelievable mark running into pack to take a chest mark in VFL GF
Then Callum Jones cracks the hits saying it would’ve been his mark
Marlion thanks for the great memories :cupgold :cupgold Wish you all the best for life after footy

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Won't be long until we start posting job ads for players on seek.com.au

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I have read his book and if I remember correctly he had been away for a week or two because his wife’s brother had died tragically in WA and that was his first game back?
I think it was that game.
Nank played as he was coming back from injury and kicked the goal to put us in front as well as CCJ,Butler, RCD, Chol, Menedue, Naish, McIntosh, Ross and Aarts as some senior players. Maybe Noah Balta might have played as well?
All correct except for being his first game back from injury I believe.
Thought it was one of his first games in the VFL and that’s why on watching him, I wasn’t that impressed and made the call.
Nankervis monstered the opposition in the last quarter and won us the game.

All correct except for being his first game back from injury I believe.
Thought it was one of his first games in the VFL and that’s why on watching him, I wasn’t that impressed and made the call.
Nankervis monstered the opposition in the last quarter and won us the game.
That’s right, he had a broken thumb or something like that when we drafted him?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for everything Pickett. Holds the record as the only AFL player to debut in front of 100k+ fans. The Grand Final blind turn is part of AFL folklore.

Only regret is that we didn't get him to 100 games to lock in his kids.

Yes, and then in his very next game.................ZERO fans!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users