Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

Good post and it may have been only you and I that didn't lose faith in him. That inboard kick from the wing with the outside of his foot to the edge of 50 was a thing of beauty.

So many on here have potted him this year, its remarkable what a run in the team and playing games does for you. Only played his 18th game today and maybe he's starting to believe he belongs.
Nope, I was still on the wagon too.
Too many here see the losses Nd want to throw the kids out and say they're rubbish, when they perform with the consistency of, well, most other kids.
"Oh but player z is looking like a star." Yup he is, but that don't mean our guys are busts.
Patience required.

Reactions: 5 users
Has some purple patches and a few quiet quaters , doing a lot of good things , though needs to get harder , however I think he’ll end up more then handy

Another of the cubs who is showing promise, he just needs experience at the highest level to further improve his overall game but is tracking OK and certainly performing better that some of our so-called stars

Reactions: 1 user
Where did I mention Liam Baker?
You didn't but probably should have when you mentioned vanilla players. So i mentioned him for you adding he makes up for it with his competetiveness. Thats something Banks totally lacks it seems.

Have never been on board, so no jumping ship here.
Just never been sure about him. Still don't know what he will become but like most i have been keen for them to play him.
That has not changed except for recent weeks where i would like us to look at others.

I think next year is almost make or break time for Banksy. lots of areas still need plenty of work.

Just never been sure about him. Still don't know what he will become but like most i have been keen for them to play him.
That has not changed except for recent weeks where i would like us to look at others.

I think next year is almost make or break time for Banksy. lots of areas still need plenty of work.
He’s taking games away that could be given to develop McKintosh into a winger

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You didn't but probably should have when you mentioned vanilla players. So i mentioned him for you adding he makes up for it with his competetiveness. Thats something Banks totally lacks it seems.
When I was no more than 25-30 metres from him at times at Marvel on Saturday he looked pretty competitive to me as he has done multiple times when i have seen him live.

He was ignored a few times on Saturday when he was running past into space and we need to get the ball in hands because unlike some others he can kick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

What are the "lots of areas"?

When I was no more than 25-30 metres from him at times at Marvel on Saturday he looked pretty competitive to me as he has done multiple times when i have seen him live.

He was ignored a few times on Saturday when he was running past into space and we need to get the ball in hands because unlike some others he can kick.
ahh , theres something , I have highlighted elsewhere how our kids can do ok to half time but their possession counts after half time are collectively low
but our senior players are still clocking up the possessions
there will be many reasons , but being ignored as an option can be a real thing , hopefully the coaches can break that over the off season

ahh , theres something , I have highlighted elsewhere how our kids can do ok to half time but their possession counts after half time are collectively low
but our senior players are still clocking up the possessions
there will be many reasons , but being ignored as an option can be a real thing , hopefully the coaches can break that over the off season
I think also our senior players are the ones playing in positions where possession counts are high. Half backs and on ballers tend to have the higher number of possessions, our wingers have never had high possessions. We have a lot of young players who are half forwards and wingers.

That's not the whole reason but it is factor

Reactions: 1 user
The team is looking to give it to him on the outside and he is positioning himself well to receive it. He's a good user and doesn't shirk the contest either. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Reactions: 4 users
The penny dropped when he had his first dominant game in the seconds a few weeks ago.

He is starting to believe that he belongs and this game will hopefully do him wonders.

Reactions: 2 users
Hard to believe some people watched the same game based off these comments.