Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

Geez compared to our other wingers, Ralphsmith & Kmac, he was Ablett-esque. 23 efficient disposals (2nd most), 500m+ metres gained (2nd most). Ralphsmith had 3 efficient disposals, Kmac 4.

Reactions: 4 users
Agree had a good game but would like to see him lower his eyes to see short options rather than just kicking the ball long to a contest. Also needs to work defensively as well and make tackles stick. Happy with his progress though.

Reactions: 2 users
Basketball Wives Growth GIF by VH1

Reactions: 1 user
Panic merchant with ball in hand when pressured.
Still shirking body contact.

I was there today and had the pleasure of watching Sam at work from sitting really close to the boundary.
He worked really hard and kicked really well.
Terrific today and tracking nicely.

Reactions: 15 users
I was there today and had the pleasure of watching Sam at work from sitting really close to the boundary.
He worked really hard and kicked really well.
Terrific today and tracking nicely.
Another preseason and increased strength/running capacity will do him wonders

Reactions: 2 users
U must be related.
There are some posters (a group that you may or may not be part of) who are so critical of all our players that even when someone plays well they still get criticised.
Sam is improving enormously. Will be a excellent player for us.
Smell the roses sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Geez compared to our other wingers, Ralphsmith & Kmac, he was Ablett-esque. 23 efficient disposals (2nd most), 500m+ metres gained (2nd most). Ralphsmith had 3 efficient disposals, Kmac 4.
As an aside KMac started on the wing on our side of the ground but seemed to switch wings with Banks later in the game.

I was quite disturbed by how slow he looked and his ball handling was very poor. He has never been a highly skilled player but he could run all day and has had an enormous workrate but there was very little good you could say about his game yesterday.

I suspect he is at the end, really struggling.

There are some posters (a group that you may or may not be part of) who are so critical of all our players that even when someone plays well they still get criticised.
Sam is improving enormously. Will be a excellent player for us.
Smell the roses sometimes
Dont worry Sinners, a few rounds into next year and interest in Banks will be going up and up.
He will be a good to very good AFL footballer.

Reactions: 3 users
I want to believe, still need some convincing on Banks but we shall see.

His biggest challenge now is putting on more bulk and not being swatted away in contest like a fly

A Cub who has definitely progressed, I think he’ll be our first picked winger come rd 1, appears to be building the necessary tank for an AFL wingman

Good solid game from Banks.
But
Like Miller/Kosi & Brown.They hate to make body contact.
Yes its not Banks #1 forte to spoil but when you gotta go you gotta go.Make the opponent earn it.Don't just jump with your arm stretched out.
Drives me mad to be honest from Both Kosi and Miller in particular.

In Banks we trust. Ball in hand, create opportunities, a driving force forward. It will be the Banks signature for the next 10+ years. I'm on board!

Reactions: 1 users