Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

Banks has a lot going for him but his biggest drawback is between his ears. when he gets the ball he takes a long time to decide what to do with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Really surprised he ended up with Mid Twenties disposals. Didn't notice him that much during the game.

Lets see if he can back it up.

Nice if he could talk to Hugo re upping the hardness in his game

Panic merchant with ball in hand when pressured.
Still shirking body contact.
Yep got plenty of touches which was one thing but there’s a lot of work ahead to be a good AFL player yet. Particularly on the defensive side of his game if he’s to play as a winger. Gotta keep playing him though.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think you should be so flippant. He’s a work in progress with many areas to improve.
I was responding to a statement that he was a panic merchant and another that he wasn’t good enough for AFL level, straight after he played the best game of his career.

I don’t think I was being flippant

Reactions: 2 users
Yep got plenty of touches which was one thing but there’s a lot of work ahead to be a good AFL player yet. Particularly on the defensive side of his game if he’s to play as a winger. Gotta keep playing him though.
Yep obvious shortcomings in his game that needs work. I also think he panics a bit when under pressure and he certainly doesnt embrace contact.

Time at the level and time on the weights will help.

II don’t think I was being flippant
When you use a one word dismissal of other people's opinions you are.

Yep obvious shortcomings in his game that needs work. I also think he panics a bit when under pressure and he certainly doesnt embrace contact.

Time at the level and time on the weights will help.

You'd certainly hope so. He's probably indicative of where we are at. Trying to get games into youngsters so they improve but still have many weaknesses. There's a reason we're last.

Panic merchant with ball in hand when pressured.
Still shirking body contact.
A fair critique but apparently if you dont add a positive your over critical and its all hyperbole.

On this page alone there were probably 5 other criticisms of his game all Hyperbole i suppose.

In fairness to him it was a pretty decent game warts and all. If there was no more improvement left in him we may as well dump him now.

A fair critique but apparently if you dont add a positive your over critical and its all hyperbole.

On this page alone there were probably 5 other criticisms of his game all Hyperbole i suppose.

In fairness to him it was a pretty decent game warts and all. If there was no more improvement left in him we may as well dump him now.
LOL

Did you see any weakness in his game? Because if you didn't I think it's your opinion that is way off.
When did I say there wasn’t any weakness in his game?

I’m just praising a kid who is improving and is a much better player than he was this time last year.

Give it a try

Had a career high 25 disposals which is more than any game Hugo has played in his career.
You do realise that is his only 20 plus game so far. A bit of an outlier id say.
Not that i'm complaining we need the Campbells HRS Banks and Sonsies etc to be getting these types of numbers it has been a huge problem so far.

Lets face it it was a bruise free game with little pressure i want see him play well and committ his body when its high intensity and high pressure.
Get to that point and we will know he has improved.