Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

2 very average teams that are apparently contenders.
Both have wasted their windows.
Jimmy Fallon Interview GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: 2 users
Brayshaw calling Cartoon to get a respectable score
Its an elimination final theres no respectable scores you lose you’re eliminated

Reactions: 5 users
Giants will smack Brisbane next week. Look forward to the smug grins being wiped off their faces. What a bunch of soft, mentally weak figjams.

Go Giants!!!

Reactions: 6 users
*smile* Hipwood is pathetic. Just can not have him as a footballer. Who the *smile* was it that bid on him in the draft? What were they thinking?? Thank God Brisbane matched. We dodged a bullet there.

Reactions: 1 users
*smile* Hipwood is pathetic. Just can not have him as a footballer. Who the *smile* was it that bid on him in the draft? What were they thinking?? Thank God Brisbane matched. We dodged a bullet th

*smile* Hipwood is pathetic. Just can not have him as a footballer. Who the *smile* was it that bid on him in the draft? What were they thinking?? Thank God Brisbane matched. We dodged a bullet there.
Given his salary and contract, he is no better than Kosi for mine. And Kosi doesn't carry on like a flog.

Reactions: 2 users
Brayshaw calling Cartoon to get a respectable score
Its an elimination final theres no respectable scores you lose you’re eliminated
one of the many idiots in the village of AFL

Reactions: 3 users
Look out Bombers The bluezzzz are coming after your 20 years , no chance to contended for a long time now

Reactions: 5 users
AFL must be looking at these insipid pitiful clubs that just can’t be competitive in September to go and play in the VFL until they can be competitive with the big clubs , so sad what The Bluez and bombers have become , never thought they’d be as pathetic as Norf 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Didn't watch the Brisbane/Carlton game but looked up the scores and towards the end of the second quarter noticed that Carlton were scoring 9% of the time they entered their forward 50. Wow, that is beyond bad. Even by the end of the game it was around 29%. You ain't winning much when you do that.

Watched about 2.5 quarters of the GWS/South game. What can you say: wow!

Look at the way both sides handled the ball. They just grabbed it with one hand, very little fumbling. And all that under intense pressure as both sides could turn on the pressure. That's the level we need to be looking at, that's the level you need to get to in order to be competitive. We have a long way to go.

South just would not let the lead go out too far. Their slow starts are a worry, but gee can they ever turn it on when needed. Could do with a decent key forward though. I still have South as favourites for the flag.

GWS looked to be trying to hold on near the end, but at that point where there was 5 minutes to go I just looked at the TV and thought, they have no options. South were running on top of the ground and GWS couldn't get near it. GWS needed to find a way to get the ball forward cleanly and South were preventing this very effectively. I don't think GWS were trying to hold on, I just don't think they could find a way forward.

The way GWS played they should easily account for Brisbane. Against Geelong they will need to make sure they play 4 quarters, but the pressure they exert will be an issue for Geelong - hope they can knock Geelong out at the PF.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
He he he, where's that genius who claimed Voss was a better coach than Hardwick.