Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

Can't believe he gets those frees in a final.
My amazement at how biased, hypocritical, contradictory and easily fooled that the Dumps are ... ceased years ago. The AFL umpiring is a major blot on the game, and most fans agree now I believe. That was borne out in a recent AFL survey I'm pretty sure.
#They especially demonstrate those characteristics against our team, as is well documented over many years.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in QLD for the last 10 days. The media don’t even talk about the Lions.
Do you think it might be because QLD is a total Murdoch media state = Rugby League major owner/TV rights?
That's right. No alternative print media at all.

Reactions: 1 user

‘Not following footy right if you disagree’: Host’s bold claim Blues ‘have to be flag favourites’​

AFL journalist and radio host Sam McClure has boldly claimed Carlton “have to be premiership favourites” and if anyone disagrees “they’re not following the game right”.

At least he got it so right about Dusty going to join Dimma at GCS!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

When you think about it, if you are pretty dumb, inevitably you are just going to keep on proving it. The thing is, I know of a much, much smarter young AFL journo who could not make any headway while the likes of him gets the inside running.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
To not have De Koning starting on the ground was one of the stupidest calls I have ever seen. Pittonet is slow and provides no spark. It's no coincidence that once De Koning was subbed in, the goals started to flow. But by then, it was much too late.

And Kennedy looked shattered to be subbed out that early in the game.

Voss and the coaches got this completely wrong.
Yes, have to comment on this, and I messaged my son during the game to say the same. (I don't always contribute on match threads these days, even though I'm probably checking on, because I miss the action trying to read posts or respond with my slow typing).

TdeK really changed the game in the Bloos favour. What a revival he sparked! As I said to my son, why on earth would you make him sub!? He will become, if not already, their best and most important player along with Cripps, excelling past Curnow because he's playing on the ball too. Might well go pass Gawn as the best ruck in the game in '25.

So, either he's fit to play or not. He's named SO must be! They selected Pittonet too. Fine, if TdK was not able to ruck 3/4 Qs.

So start him forward while the Pitt takes on Oscar the Monster in the first half. Would have really straightened up the inept Bloos F50 entries and kept Andrews honest and anxious, while providing a power of support to McKay. Did they think the likes of Kemp, Hollands and Fantasia et al would trouble the Lions backline? As it was, the injury to Payne would have played into their hands.

Strange, weird thinking from the Bloos' 'brains-trust.' It was an elimination final. Lose and there's no next week.

Plus keeping Kennedy on instead of Cerra smarter too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know it’s folly to say “you can’t win a flag with (insert certain players here)” but geez, watching Port last night with Ratagalea, Dixon and BZT…geez it looks unlikely now. I wonder what history says about a team losing their QF by 84 points. Straight sets?
Well, here’s my answer, a win to Port if history repeats:

IMG_0655.jpeg