Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

I fell asleep at half-time. Woke up to the relief of it all being over, as it should have been a fortnight ago.

We had no business playing finals after what they produced in the last third of the season.

Reactions: 8 users
Voss gets by on aura and playing record.

The harsh reality is that he is dumb.

Won’t last too much longer at Princes Park I feel. Year after next.

Reactions: 2 users
Sam Taylor and the other GWS talls will destroy Daniher and Hipwood.

Having said that, the Sydney tall forwards ain’t great either.

McDonald? Pffft.

Heeney putting in some Dusty-like performances to cover them.

All up I think GWS and Hawthorn get through. Would love that combo in the GF.

Hawthorn at the tiny SCG in a PF is a massive shame and takes away their run

I fell asleep at half-time. Woke up to the relief of it all being over, as it should have been a fortnight ago.

We had no business playing finals after what they produced in the last third of the season.
As bad as Essendon may be even worse after the half way mark on the season.
When u make finals when u really deep down dont deserve it, that's the results you will get. Port included, game style dosent work in finals how many years do we need to see it??
Finals are the best because they highlight flaws and holes in the side.
Take away the injures Carlton were just playing poorly,
Brisbane aren't a 60-zero side, there back 6 have been caught out countless times this year.
Like you said its over and Voss needs to work out who really can play Cripps Arces Newman Walsh Hollands and who dosent
McGovern Williams Silivagni Williams Martin Marchbank and get rid of them.
They get injured sneezing

Reactions: 1 users
Voss gets by on aura and playing record.

The harsh reality is that he is dumb.

Won’t last too much longer at Princes Park I feel. Year after next.
To not have De Koning starting on the ground was one of the stupidest calls I have ever seen. Pittonet is slow and provides no spark. It's no coincidence that once De Koning was subbed in, the goals started to flow. But by then, it was much too late.

And Kennedy looked shattered to be subbed out that early in the game.

Voss and the coaches got this completely wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
Thought lions might be a chance to make the grand final. After that performance, no

As bad as Essendon maybe worse after the half way mark on the season.
When u make finals when u really deep down deserve it, that's the results you will get.
Finals are the best because they highlight flaws and holes in the side.
Take away the injures Carlton were just playing poorly,
Brisbane aren't a 60-zero side, there defensive 6 have been caught out countless times this year.
Like you said its over and Voss needs to work out who really can play Cripps Arces Newman Walsh Hollands and who dosent
McGovern Williams Silivagni Williams Martin Marchbank and get rid of them.
They get injured sneezing
With a new high performance boss coming in, there's hope that the injury situation will improve.

But I'd be sticking a fork in the ones you mentioned - save for maybe Silvagni and Williams, but then again, likely I'm wrong on those two as well.

But the bottom line is, it's another wasted season. Year after year after year after year.

Reactions: 1 users
And another thing - what the hell was with Orazio Fantasia being played in a final ahead of some young kids that showed plenty late in the season, i.e Moir, Binns and Lord? A massive opportunity to blood some talent in a final has gone to huge waste here because some hack is obviously in the good books with the coach.

Reactions: 4 users
And another thing - what the hell was with Orazio Fantasia being played in a final ahead of some young kids that showed plenty late in the season, i.e Moir, Binns and Lord? A massive opportunity to blood some talent in a final has gone to huge waste here because some hack is obviously in the good books with the coach.
Same with Docherty

Reactions: 1 user
Same with Docherty
Yep.

Said it during the week and was howled down by others clearly seduced by the romance of it all. Bottom line was, he hadn't played for six months and was coming off an ACL - and you're going to pull the trigger on him in a final? The stupidity is next-level.

Reactions: 5 users
Yep.

Said it during the week and was howled down by others clearly seduced by the romance of it all. Bottom line was, he hadn't played for six months and was coming off an ACL - and you're going to pull the trigger on him in a final? The stupidity is next-level.
BB I admire your tenacity and courage as a blues supporter posting on a tigers forum.Credit to you👍

Reactions: 6 users
It's not a shame because the swans earned that right by finishing top but that's why I would favour the swans in that game. We haven't seen the hawks with finals type pressure applied on a smaller ground and they are sure to get it from the Swans.
If they get over Port of course
I'm tipping a sydney derby grannie

Sam Taylor and the other GWS talls will destroy Daniher and Hipwood.

Having said that, the Sydney tall forwards ain’t great either.

McDonald? Pffft.

Heeney putting in some Dusty-like performances to cover them.

All up I think GWS and Hawthorn get through. Would love that combo in the GF.
Toby Greene couldnt get near it didnt have much influence He needs to lift

Reactions: 1 user
The SCG's not tiny anymore. They increased the playing dimensions when they built the new stands.

"Healy revealed that the length of the Gabba (78 metres) and SCG (77.75) are only marginally shorter in length to the MCG (80) from the goal line to the centre circle."

Reactions: 3 users
It's not a shame because the swans earned that right by finishing top but that's why I would favour the swans in that game. We haven't seen the hawks with finals type pressure applied on a smaller ground and they are sure to get it from the Swans.
If they get over Port of course
I'm tipping a sydney derby grannie
Would love that.
It would bring a relaxing whole GF week - while we could concentrate on the really important issues of that time (trades and draft)

Reactions: 5 users