Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

Carlton won 2 of their last 9 games, they didn’t perform incredibly well when they got injuries imo. The two they won were against the Eagles and the kangas.

I’m not equivalising their list to ours, they have a better list, however if it is said Carlton’s drop off was due to injuries then at least part of the reason we won two games was due to ours. That’s all I am saying.
Exactly right. Injuries or absence of key players have a massive influence. Look at Port, they lose their 2 HB drivers and they are a completely different side. Granted, they also appeared to not handle the pressure but having your best side on the park assists in giving your best performance.

Carlton at their best are around the mark. They were playing away from home without their best side.

Who were the Lions missing from their best team?

I reckon we make the 8 if we had most of our best team for most of the year.

Now we are losing at least 3 of our most important players, we can forget finals for a few years.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a hangover.

Turned the TV on and Kelli Underwood is bellowing away.

Turned the TV off. My nerves hurt.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I have a hangover.

Thought you fell asleep half way through the game. How did you get a hangover from napping at 9.00pm?

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly right. Injuries or absence of key players have a massive influence. Look at Port, they lose their 2 HB drivers and they are a completely different side. Granted, they also appeared to not handle the pressure but having your best side on the park assists in giving your best performance.

Carlton at their best are around the mark. They were playing away from home without their best side.

Who were the Lions missing from their best team?

I reckon we make the 8 if we had most of our best team for most of the year.

Now we are losing at least 3 of our most important players, we can forget finals for a few years.
Brisbane were missing MCarthy, Coleman, Gardiner and Doedee all of who they have missed for basically the whole season

Because Carlton actually performed incredibly well given their injuries. They were second only to us, and we had the worst season in 60 years, while Carlton made finals.

Having said that, I said it after round 1 with Carlton. There was only one player who they needed fit, and that's Curnow.

His injury is worth 10. Given Dekoning is the next lynchpin, it was having them injured that finished them.

Also, a note on 'good story great guy Docherty'. Rance is a good parallel. In 2019 he also tore his ACL in the Carlton Richmond opener. He was training the house down coming into finals, and could have played. But he said it would be unfair on a player who'd got us there to take their spot. Also said that it's a big risk hoping to come in in form. Chose to do the team thing.

We won the flag.

And, with all due respect to Docherty's ability, he's no Alex Rance.

Our injury woes started from round 0, (stupid concept) theirs didn't really start until half way through the season.

Was a shocking game last night at BrisVegas.

Despite wanting our No. 1 Arch enemy to fall, I have come to the conclusion that BrisVegas is a team of Alberto Tomba's!
(google it!)

Put pressure on them and they fold.
They have 4 or 5 absolute flogs and prancers.

Cammmm Rayyyner. King of the Prancers. Talks tough. Then misses sodas.

Zorko, Has a head you want to put your fist through.

Bailey. Thinks he's Dicky Naicos then misses from a few centimetres out. He ain't anywhere near DN.

Hipwood. oh, Eric. Wait, Eric was playing? Watch the Hair.

Country Bumpkin Joe. So predictable. You actually know which ones he will kick and miss.

Motorbike Chuckey. When they cut to him and he was singing along to Country Roads I thought my TV was in serious peril.

Had started half barracking for the unthinkable miracle there towards the end. Yes I said it.

Hoping GWS can finish them off next week.

Ok. For those that couldn't be bothered, he's a Downhill Skier.

• Love
Brisbane were missing MCarthy, Coleman, Gardiner and Doedee all of who they have missed for basically the whole season
Yeh, McCarthy & Coleman in their best 23, the others (esp Doedee who barely ever plays) are very replaceable.

But not having them the whole year makes it easier tom plan without them.

Ultimately neither are the most important players in the area they play in.

I reckon the Blues are on the edge of success. They have a bloody strong midfield and KPPs. Yes, they fell apart this year due to injuries, but they were flying up until then. Obviously, they would have been better off missing out on the eight, but they remind me of us in ~2015/16.

I reckon the Blues are on the edge of success. They have a bloody strong midfield and KPPs. Yes, they fell apart this year due to injuries, but they were flying up until then. Obviously, they would have been better off missing out on the eight, but they remind me of us in ~2015/16.
I'll have what he's having.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Despite wanting our No. 1 Arch enemy to fall, I have come to the conclusion that BrisVegas is a team of Alberto Tomba's!
(google it!)

Put pressure on them and they fold.
They have 4 or 5 absolute flogs and prancers.

Cammmm Rayyyner. King of the Prancers. Talks tough. Then misses sodas.

Zorko, Has a head you want to put your fist through.

Bailey. Thinks he's Dicky Naicos then misses from a few centimetres out. He ain't anywhere near DN.

Hipwood. oh, Eric. Wait, Eric was playing? Watch the Hair.

Country Bumpkin Joe. So predictable. You actually know which ones he will kick and miss.

Motorbike Chuckey. When they cut to him and he was singing along to Country Roads I thought my TV was in serious peril.

Had started half barracking for the unthinkable miracle there towards the end. Yes I said it.

Hoping GWS can finish them off next week.

Ok. For those that couldn't be bothered, he's a Downhill Skier.
I thought the Tomba reference was to the nocturnal exploits of the lion players.

They fell apart after the first quarter v GWS when they were full strength, the week after they beat us after struggling to shake us off after half time.

(google it!)
Except Tomba la Bomba could (and did) actually win, multiple times. Don't see that in Brisbane's future.

Rank the winners from the first week of finals.
1. Sydney - incredible really, they looked gone. Game breaker Heeney, born for finals.
2. Geelong - not many tipped them and they made it look easy. Raft of no name players.
3. Hawks - surprised a few with their ability to handle pressure. Dogs poorly coached and under performed.
4. Lions - lucky to hold on in the end. Despite the massive head start, didn't look all that convincing.

I have a hangover.

She makes me laugh when she puts that “growl” into her voice thinking she’s getting all dramatic as if it’s the dying seconds of a tied grand final on the last Saturday in September at the G but it’s the first quarter of a GWS v Suns game in front of a crowd of 8000 in May.

• Haha