Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

From memory it was 4 to 12 at half time, so if we came away with 9 to 20 by games end, considering some of our slightly over exuberant rough house in the second half. We've come out of the umpiring reasonably well, I was expecting more like 30 frees against.
Still, I suppose it's a bit hard to give away to many free kicks when the oppo plays mainly uncontested run away keepings off footy all game n we play turnover butchers to help them.

Two thoughts on yesterdays farce.

How many kicks of 10 metres were paid as marks? Has this rule been deleted?

This combined with the stand rule contributed to lack of pressure. We played bruise free football which explains the low number of free kicks

Reactions: 1 user
If Shai goes to Freo and starts getting treated better by the flogs can we use that as evidence that they have an agenda against us?

Maybe the Skunks played away from Melbourne more like other teams they'd' get used to opposition crowds influencing the umps, just like their fans do every week in Melbourne.

F@#$ Them.

We're doing well with home game advantage. WAIT WTF nonsense is this?

Is it a comparison of us playing at home vs interstate? It's basically saying we get the digit at home and pineapple away. We still lose the count at home just not as bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240814_202837_Watch AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240814_202837_Watch AFL.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
We're doing well with home game advantage. WAIT WTF nonsense is this?

Is it a comparison of us playing at home vs interstate? It's basically saying we get the digit at home and pineapple away. We still lose the count at home just not as bad.
Yeah, no idea where they are pulling this stat from.

At home we are 163-205, so a deficit of 42 in 11 games.

Away we are 145-188 so a deficit of 43 in 10 games.

Not sure how AFL Tables counts South Australia round but I presume playing StKilda at Chernobyl counted as a "home" game.

I reckon they just made up their numbers.

DS

Yeah, no idea where they are pulling this stat from.

At home we are 163-205, so a deficit of 42 in 11 games.

Away we are 145-188 so a deficit of 43 in 10 games.

Not sure how AFL Tables counts South Australia round but I presume playing StKilda at Chernobyl counted as a "home" game.

I reckon they just made up their numbers.

DS
I guess it's however way they decided to define hostile crowds. Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

After today I wonder what the differential for 50 metre penalties are, not jut this year but over the last 5 seasons. No doubt we have the worst differtial

Reactions: 2 users
After today I wonder what the differential for 50 metre penalties are, not jut this year but over the last 5 seasons. No doubt we have the worst differential

Yeah, that's a stat they don't seem to give us access to. Not on AFL Tables so no idea where it can be found.

DS

No doubt we have the worst differtial
Only because we're masters at stupidity. We constantly give the umpires plausible reasons to smack us over the head with a couple of 50's per game and they're always happy to oblige us in our stupidity.

I am bemused by the Balta 50.
Scrimshaw marked it, was on the ground, stood up and took a step forward over his mark to kick the ball.
At what point can Balta grab him? 2 steps, 3 steps?
And no he doesn’t have to wait for the ‘play-on’ call when a player automatically plays on, players are always fair game as soon as they keep running or play on after a mark.

Maybe someone on here can enlighten me because Caroline Wilson just used it as a tiger stuff up example, and then proceeded to say Vlastuin has been a poor leader the last few weeks. Utter crap.
She should watch the last fee minutes of the game when Vlastuin chased and made 3,4,5 efforts like it was the last quarter of a GF

Geez Ray Chamberlin loves trying to confuse the decision making process.

He gets asked a simple question about a simple event and proceeds to make it seem like every decision an umpire makes is like solving the worlds hardest sudoko. He rarely makes a simple clear statement. He never says, we got that wrong. I think he just loves to continue the narrative that umpiring football is the most difficult task on the planet.

The great news he is and Donlon are finished as of next week, we will never have to suffer another shitful performance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
The great news he is and Donlon are finished as of next week, we will never have to suffer another shitful performance.
From those two MD. From those two. There's still a massive infestation of maggots wriggling around out there just waiting to elevate their shitful performances just for us.

• Haha
Up to half time we were getting the frees but after that the door was shut and the Suns got an easy ride . What gets me is the number of obvious frees we should get are ignored and we only get consolation frees where we have little advantage

Reactions: 3 users
Up to half time we were getting the frees but after that the door was shut and the Suns got an easy ride . What gets me is the number of obvious frees we should get are ignored and we only get consolation frees where we have little advantage
We never get holding to our forwards.
Mansell was held
Bauer was blocked and then held.
Kosi shouldve got 1 in the 3rd, the gc player was holding him high

Our tackling was bloody fierce in the 3rd quarter and parts of the last but it seems you can’t tackle hard anymore. We had quite a few frees against for what I thought were just hard tackles.
The other thing that pissed me off was the number of times suns players threw the ball when tackled. There was one by Rowell that would have done the Melbourne storm proud.

Last edited:
These brainless flogs will never learn. Joke of this competition when compared to other codes.

Reactions: 3 users
Geez the umps were stinky, especially in the last quarter

Reactions: 1 users