Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

There was a tunnelling incident to Blakey in the first quarter right in front of an ump that wasn’t paid and resulted in a Lions goal. There is absolutely no excuse for not paying it. The ump just signalled play on.

Reactions: 3 users
There was a tunnelling incident to Blakey in the first quarter right in front of an ump that wasn’t paid and resulted in a Lions goal. There is absolutely no excuse for not paying it. The ump just signalled play on.

You know they have decided not to grant a free when they signal play on, otherwise they don't need to signal at all. It is pretty much an admission that they saw the infraction but decided not to pay the free kick.

DS

I think ToO raised it. Another clear free ignored on Saturday night. If i recall this is exactly why the sliding rule was introducted. P.S. the headline isnt referring to the non-free either I'm assuming...

I called the free kick at the time. It cost us a good chance at a goal after superb run and spoil from Green.
I was pissed off, but “obviously” there must have been too many players obscuring any umpires vision.
What a bunch of incompetent cheats they are.
I’m glad Green never suffered a broken leg or any other injury from that slide. I suppose Laura Loopholes will find a reason to ticket off as a correct decision.
Hopefully the Australian or World Netball League offers her a good position

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Where's Healy?? He hates push in the backs.
He must've chocked on his corn Flakes watching every port foward shove our defenders straight in the back.
If we had done it, they would've blown the whistle.
I did notice that when the crowd reacted to an incident they immediately blew the whistle.

Reactions: 1 users
Best differentials
1 - Gold Coast (+62)
2 - Essendon (+53)
3 - Brisbane (+36)
4 - Carlton (+22)
5 - Fremantle (+21)

Worst differentials
1 - Richmond (-75)
2 - GWS Giants (-54)
3 - Geelong (-36)
4 - North Melbourne (-18)
5 - Melbourne (-17)

Most frees for
1 - Gold Coast (368)
2 - Collingwood (348)
3 - Adelaide (345)
4 - Carlton (341)
5 - North Melbourne (339)

Least frees for
1 - Richmond (269)
2 - Geelong (276)
3 - GWS Giants (280)
4 - Melbourne (301)
5 - Western Bulldogs (305)

Most frees against
1 - North Melbourne (357)
2 - Adelaide (352)
3 - Richmond (344)
4 - Hawthorn (336)
5 - GWS Giants (334)

Least frees against
1 - Essendon (272)
2 - Brisbane (298)
3 - Fremantle (302)
4 - Gold Coast (306)
5 - West Coast (308)

Reactions: 1 user
I think ToO raised it. Another clear free ignored on Saturday night. If i recall this is exactly why the sliding rule was introducted. P.S. the headline isnt referring to the non-free either I'm assuming...

That was a slide Adam Goodes would have been proud of. Tunnelling and taking the legs out with a slide are 2 other rules they seem to have forgotten about. Todays umpires can only concentrate on one rule per round it seems.

That was a trip before the rule change came in.

Atrocious decision, how do they get away with gross incompetence every week?

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Figured it was time for some more stats about just how badly we get reamed by the maggots.

Here's the comparison of frees for and against to the end of Round 19:

Free Kick chart 2024 to round 19.jpg

We have the lowest number of frees for of any team and 3rd highest frees against.

Meanwhile, that coach who the AFL media were saying created our game style which led to fewer free kicks to Richmond, now coaches Gold Coast. He must have changed a lot because Gold Coast is the only team averaging 20 or more free kicks for per game.

In terms of the free kick differential there is only 1 team with a free kick differential worse than -3, and that is Richmond. Not only are we the only team with a free kick differential worse than -3 we are actually -4.17 - miles away from the next worst on -2.94 which is GWS. No team is positive more than 4 frees per game, but Gold Coast lead the pack on +3.44, despite the fact that when Hardwick coached Richmond we consistently came last in free kick differential.

Here's what our free kick comparison looks like back to 2010:

RFC Frees F&A 2010-2024 to R19 2024.jpg

We have the lowest average frees for per game (17.13) and the highest average frees against per game (20.35) over the last 8 years, since 2017.

Is there some reasonable explanation for this? I think not.

DS

100% that is why the slide rule was brought in, to stop a players legs being taken out and potentially causing knee/ankle injury. I am a big fan of the slide rule, it encourages players to keep their feet. Clearly drain pipe let his bias show through, I am sure if the roles were reversed he would have raised was that contact below the knees.

This emphasises the most frustrating part of being a tigers supporter - the freees we do not get. There were 2 clear push in backs and a clear head high on Baker not paid. All resulted in goals to port. This should have been a shot on goal to us. That is likely a 4 goal turnaround - and they say umpiring is better than ever and doesn't inf;luence results?

Get *smile* AFL and you green midget twerps

Figured it was time for some more stats about just how badly we get reamed by the maggots.

Here's the comparison of frees for and against to the end of Round 19:

View attachment 23548

We have the lowest number of frees for of any team and 3rd highest frees against.

Meanwhile, that coach who the AFL media were saying created our game style which led to fewer free kicks to Richmond, now coaches Gold Coast. He must have changed a lot because Gold Coast is the only team averaging 20 or more free kicks for per game.

In terms of the free kick differential there is only 1 team with a free kick differential worse than -3, and that is Richmond. Not only are we the only team with a free kick differential worse than -3 we are actually -4.17 - miles away from the next worst on -2.94 which is GWS. No team is positive more than 4 frees per game, but Gold Coast lead the pack on +3.44, despite the fact that when Hardwick coached Richmond we consistently came last in free kick differential.

Here's what our free kick comparison looks like back to 2010:

View attachment 23549

We have the lowest average frees for per game (17.13) and the highest average frees against per game (20.35) over the last 8 years, since 2017.

Is there some reasonable explanation for this? I think not.

DS
Only a climate change denier could somehow justify those graphs DS!

Are the AFL secretly funding big oil?

Reactions: 1 user
100% that is why the slide rule was brought in, to stop a players legs being taken out and potentially causing knee/ankle injury. I am a big fan of the slide rule, it encourages players to keep their feet. Clearly drain pipe let his bias show through, I am sure if the roles were reversed he would have raised was that contact below the knees.

This emphasises the most frustrating part of being a tigers supporter - the freees we do not get. There were 2 clear push in backs and a clear head high on Baker not paid. All resulted in goals to port. This should have been a shot on goal to us. That is likely a 4 goal turnaround - and they say umpiring is better than ever and doesn't inf;luence results?

Get *smile* AFL and you green midget twerps
When i saw it live (TV) i thought it could have been a free, but maybe it wasnt, but seeing the replay there is now doubt.
He slid, and he slid into Green's legs. Not sure how it wasnt a free.

When i saw it live (TV) i thought it could have been a free, but maybe it wasnt, but seeing the replay there is now doubt.
He slid, and he slid into Green's legs. Not sure how it wasnt a free.
I think the biggest irony, is that Port Adelaide social media are bigging up a clear free as an underrated moment in the game.

And just now Tom Stewart gets pinged for an identical movement. Evidence if ever you needed it that this incident got reviewed and umpires get reminded that, by the way, taking a player out below the knees is a free. Incompetence personified.

• Angry