Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Hard to read if the latest noise re Troy Taylor is political correctness, RFC saying the "door is open" or of Cameron/Gale/Hardwick have already stuck him off the playing list beyond the end of 2011, and with no real intent in coaxing him back (again!)

Without exerting anymore energy, and to close this chapter once and for all, Richmond should give him till round 11 to definitively declare what he wants to do. Come back, work your rear off, tough it out for Coburg and try and win some respect back.

I don’t think ultimatums work on this kid, pressure is not his thing. So there goes another player who will never know just how good he “might” have been.

tigerdave said:
Yep, understand that mate,i just think it's selfish to walk away from a golden opportunity like Troy had.

I don't the circumstances behind his departure,but i do know there would be kid's who's love to be on AFL list.

Yeah, from our perspective on it, you're right. I don't live his lifestyle or fully comprehend his culture - clearly he receives information differently to you and me. However, he has shown a few flashes of why nearly every club at least considered him, and with nothing to lose now, the club's wait and see approach at the minute is sage. Six (6) more months maturity could make a world of difference - it often does in teens' decision making. Perhaps that's a little longer for him?

I think "the door is open" means we're not chasing him, we're not bending over backwards for him, but if he wants to come back he'll be welcome. The club is handling it very well.

spook said:
I think "the door is open" means we're not chasing him, we're not bending over backwards for him, but if he wants to come back he'll be welcome. The club is handling it very well.

Yep, no rush. In the unlikely event that he gets his stuff together by the end of the year, welcome back Troy.

I think the "door is open comments " were made to not appear insensitive , particularly with this week being indigenous week.

May be he thinks he will get a chance at another AFL club from next year therefore not being too concerned about returning to RFC.....

TIGERARMY67 said:
May be he thinks he will get a chance at another AFL club from next year therefore not being too concerned about returning to RFC.....

I feel thats the case as well.

jb03 said:
Taylor is no chance of going to Cllingwood (unless we trade him). It will basically be us or no-one.

Why? He's uncontracted at the end of the year. He could nominate for the ND or PSD, put a price on his head. Other clubs wouldn't touch him because of the walkabaout issue.

Also GWS can pick him up as an uncontracted player.

I saw someone wrote a comment on a herald sun article when he left, saying the rumour was he would be on a strict rookie contract with Collingwood. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Collingwood would probably be happy to hand over a rookie pick for him.

EDIT: If anyone cares its comment 5 in this article.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-troy-taylor-unlikely-to-return-to-melbourne/comments-e6frf9jf-1226042463557

Tigertool said:
I saw someone wrote a comment on a herald sun article when he left, saying the rumour was he would be on a strict rookie contract with Collingwood. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Collingwood would probably be happy to hand over a rookie pick for him.
rumour is the key word in that comment

Remember Brett Chalmers? Refused to come to us. Both him and Collingwood got done by the AFL
. he turned out to be over rated spud anyway. You know you are, when richmond draft you.

so anyway....what was I talking about?? Oh yeah

if taylor or any player quit a club and break the contract, they should be automatically ineligible for AFL for 2 years

FWIW I've worked with disadvantaged young people for 25 years. I'd guess that someone like Troy wouldn't be in the head space to see things as clearly as most of us who post on PRE. We've picked up sound bites like "I want a house" but we have no idea about what's really happening in his head, in his life, in his family, his people. From my perspective I think he's missing an opportunity of a lifetime, but at this point in time he obviously doesn't see it that way. I see many young people in my work who just aren't ready to make decisions that can change their futures and it doesn't help to "try to make them see". They need to see it themsleves. Sometimes it clicks and they get their act together, sadly, many get caught in the spiral of helplessness, where they become victims of the disadvantage that the world has dished them and then become dependent on the sytem to survive. One thing I've learnt along the way is that when you keep the door open (which I think the club is doing and good on them) there's always hope that a young life will be turned around. Hopefully, whatever needs to happen for Troy to see this will occur and for his sake he chooses the right option. If he doesn't he has to live with the consequences of that choice but there's no way I'm going to judge him cause I aint wearing his shoes.

MalenyTiger said:
FWIW I've worked with disadvantaged young people for 25 years. I'd guess that someone like Troy wouldn't be in the head space to see things as clearly as most of us who post on PRE. We've picked up sound bites like "I want a house" but we have no idea about what's really happening in his head, in his life, in his family, his people. From my perspective I think he's missing an opportunity of a lifetime, but at this point in time he obviously doesn't see it that way. I see many young people in my work who just aren't ready to make decisions that can change their futures and it doesn't help to "try to make them see". They need to see it themsleves. Sometimes it clicks and they get their act together, sadly, many get caught in the spiral of helplessness, where they become victims of the disadvantage that the world has dished them and then become dependent on the sytem to survive. One thing I've learnt along the way is that when you keep the door open (which I think the club is doing and good on them) there's always hope that a young life will be turned around. Hopefully, whatever needs to happen for Troy to see this will occur and for his sake he chooses the right option. If he doesn't he has to live with the consequences of that choice but there's no way I'm going to judge him cause I aint wearing his shoes.

Good post.