Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

DirtyDogTiger said:
Remember Brett Chalmers? Refused to come to us. Both him and Collingwood got done by the AFL
. he turned out to be over rated spud anyway. You know you are, when richmond draft you.

Actually what I reckon stuffed him was that he didn't come over straight away. I think he could have made it as a player, but wasted 3 precious years and it ended up costing him. Too bad son, at least you got a career of sorts at Fitzroy. Bet you'd be proud of that.

Streak said:
Actually what I reckon stuffed him was that he didn't come over straight away. I think he could have made it as a player, but wasted 3 precious years and it ended up costing him. Too bad son, at least you got a career of sorts at Fitzroy. Bet you'd be proud of that.

Fitzroy???? Didnt he end up playing for the Crows and Port!!!

shawry said:
Fitzroy????  Didnt he end up playing for the Crows and Port!!!

Yeah Fitzroy was one of the clubs he knocked back. He sent letters to all the clubs which had no money, advising them not to draft him because he wouldn't play. Robert Pyman (Co/NM/Me) did the same thing & wasn't much good either.

jb03 said:
Taylor is no chance of going to Cllingwood (unless we trade him). It will basically be us or no-one.
Given his current situation why would Collingwood want him anyway? Draft a kid who isn't playing footy on walkabout. Dreamtime at the G and on this thread at the mo.

evo said:
Haven't we bought this guy a house yet? What's the hold up?

He wants 5 bedrooms, a swimming pool, spa and outdoor entertaining area. Not many of those opposite the Punt Road Oval unfortunately.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
He wants 5 bedrooms, a swimming pool, spa and outdoor entertaining area. Not many of those opposite the Punt Road Oval unfortunately.
l thought he went to visit dusty at the presidents house and he said l want 1 of these

MalenyTiger said:
FWIW I've worked with disadvantaged young people for 25 years. I'd guess that someone like Troy wouldn't be in the head space to see things as clearly as most of us who post on PRE. We've picked up sound bites like "I want a house" but we have no idea about what's really happening in his head, in his life, in his family, his people. From my perspective I think he's missing an opportunity of a lifetime, but at this point in time he obviously doesn't see it that way. I see many young people in my work who just aren't ready to make decisions that can change their futures and it doesn't help to "try to make them see". They need to see it themsleves. Sometimes it clicks and they get their act together, sadly, many get caught in the spiral of helplessness, where they become victims of the disadvantage that the world has dished them and then become dependent on the sytem to survive. One thing I've learnt along the way is that when you keep the door open (which I think the club is doing and good on them) there's always hope that a young life will be turned around. Hopefully, whatever needs to happen for Troy to see this will occur and for his sake he chooses the right option. If he doesn't he has to live with the consequences of that choice but there's no way I'm going to judge him cause I aint wearing his shoes.
Well said .
At some point he will make a decision . If its no then it's all over , we move on. If it's yes then I would suspect the Leadership Group and the players will be part of a decision the Club will make about the conditions of his return .
That's good enough for me . Benny Gale said yesterday the decision at the moment is Troy's .

Sintiger said:
Well said .
At some point he will make a decision . If its no then it's all over , we move on. If it's yes then I would suspect the Leadership Group and the players will be part of a decision the Club will make about the conditions of his return .
That's good enough for me . Benny Gale said yesterday the decision at the moment is Troy's .

I'm finding it a little hard to swallow pharacio given Benny's earlier comments a month back that the club compromised some of their standards after chasing him the first time.

This 'door open' talk leading up to the Dreamtime game is likely PC rhetoric given our lack of indigenous players at the club.

Wouldn't completely discount it but I'd imagine the club would feel it was once bitten, twice shy.

Tigers of Old said:
This 'door open' talk leading up to the Dreamtime game is likely PC rhetoric given our lack of indigenous players at the club.

Wouldn't completely discount it but I'd imagine the club would feel it was once bitten, twice shy.
How about another alternative which is that he could be telling the truth about what the situation actually is at the moment !

Tigers of Old said:

That'll be pretty true I reckon.

Benny's first intention here is to project ourselves as a club that looks after Indigenous players. We have no choice, we must be seen as an understanding, caring club no matter how much of the blame lies with Troy. It's also saying 'yes, we have no Indigenous players playing for us this week, but we've been unlucky, the door is open for Troy to come back if he wants to... the ball is in his court (no pun intended).

He also mentioned Shane Edwards' name to promote our club in this kind of light, and to my understanding Shane hasn't strongly identified with Indigenous culture in the past. Isn't it only his grandmother who is Indigenous?

PC rhetoric? Of FFS, that's more than counter-balanced by the invective on here.

Gale runs the club, he says the door is open. I imagine that Taylor will have to jump a few hurdles before going through that door.

lets hope he is utilising his spare time...
people have personal issues and still get themselves up in the morning
and go to work..

tigers80 said:
lets hope he is utilising his spare time...
people have personal issues and still get themselves up in the morning
and go to work..

How do you know he is not working? Do you know what his 'personal issues' are?

He also revealed that the club has sought permission for Troy Taylor - who turned his back on the Tigers several weeks ago to return home to the Northern Territory - to play for the Northern Territory Thunder this season.
http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/heat-on-tigers-mids-123054

Also on the AFL website it says that the club is in fortnightly contact with Troy and haven't given up hope on him.