Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Does anyone know the actual reason he has gone, or are all the negative and personal comments aimed at him just for the sake of it?

Jumpin Jimmy Jess said:
Does anyone know the actual reason he has gone, or are all the negative and personal comments aimed at him just for the sake of it?

Not quite sure what you mean by the sake of it. ??? Troy has already left the Club once before & was coaxed back with the Club involving the Clontarf Academy to assist getting him back. Troy nominated for the draft. By nominating - it would normally mean you want to play AFL footy - that may involve changes of lifestle, training regimes etc, sacrifices - that for some are too much. By all the accounts the Club has done what it can to assist & he has now left again. Not sure that the Club is going to go forward if we spend too much time trying to convince people who don't want to be involved in our rise up the ladder. You either want to be there - or you don't. Lets move on & pick someone who does.

jimbob said:
Not quite sure what you mean by the sake of it. ??? Troy has already left the Club once before & was coaxed back with the Club involving the Clontarf Academy to assist getting him back. Troy nominated for the draft. By nominating - it would normally mean you want to play AFL footy - that may involve changes of lifestle, training regimes etc, sacrifices - that for some are too much. By all the accounts the Club has done what it can to assist & he has now left again. Not sure that the Club is going to go forward if we spend too much time trying to convince people who don't want to be involved in our rise up the ladder. You either want to be there - or you don't. Lets move on & pick someone who does.
He also knocked back GC17 to go into the draft.
Maybe he had his heart set on going to the scum as they did a lot of stuff with him & is prepared too or been convinced to take this action by them ?

Really dissapointed with this one. While the Gilligan's and Roberts' were not a big deal, this bloke can seriously play, and if he had stuck around in 2-3 years he would have been something very special. Riewoldt and him in the same fwd line would have been devastating. :'( :'(

Yep - thats the thing. You can see the potential with Troy. He has an opportunity that most of us would give our eye teeth for & it appears he is not interested - for whatever reason. If it's a case that - the move to Melbourne is just too much for him - well - thems the breaks - good luck Troy & hope you stay on the straight & narrow. If it's any reason other than that - well......... And if he attempts to turn up in the AFL in black & white stripes......then...... my best wishes for his future are non existant.

However - for Andy Krakouer - good luck son & hope you star - except for when you play against us. Andy had a go.

taztiger4 said:
He also knocked back GC17 to go into the draft.
Maybe he had his heart set on going to the scum as they did a lot of stuff with him & is prepared too or been convinced to take this action by them ?

Not sure why the scum would do that. Surely have him play with us, then try and poach him, would be better than him sitting out of footy all together.

frawleyudud said:
Really dissapointed with this one. While the Gilligan's and Roberts' were not a big deal, this bloke can seriously play, and if he had stuck around in 2-3 years he would have been something very special. Riewoldt and him in the same fwd line would have been devastating. :'( :'(
Can he play?
I for one have not seen it.
Did not see him take any games apart at coburg.

tigers80 said:
he has made his decision, one he may live to regret.

Probably, when he's fat and 40 he'll be telling the young uns how they should grab an opportunity of playing AFL with both hands ...........

Tigermad2005 said:
Can he play?
I for one have not seen it.
Did not see him take any games apart at coburg.

never took any games apart but had some serious purple patches, which is all you want from an 18 yr old forward. with his natural ability & his body shape he could've been anything...

it is a fair shame

tigertim said:
Probably, when he's fat and 40 he'll be telling the young uns how they should grab an opportunity of playing AFL with both hands ...........

Any unfortunately, there will still be some who will not listen. It is a fact of life.

life is full of missed opportunities and regrets for some.
not all get the chance he was given and squandered...

oh well i hope he has a good life in whatever he decides
to do...

TT can tell everyone that he could a been a star.
Fact is that we took a calculated punt at pick 51 and it didn't work.
If he had the work ethic to match his talent he would have gone in the top 20.
But he didn't then and he hasn't now.
He won't make it unless HE make a change.

If Troy ever got his act together I see him being as damaging as Franklin.
Thats why Dimma put back his family trip to the US to get Taylor to come back to the RFC which he did and went AWOL again.
Not much more that our club can do to try to entice Taylor back.
IMO he will end up at the Pies.

tigerjoe12 said:
never took any games apart but had some serious purple patches, which is all you want from an 18 yr old forward. with his natural ability & his body shape he could've been anything...

it is a fair shame

So have so many Richmond players before him.

it was no monty he was going to be a star, he showed some glimpses, no more or less though and we all know it takes far more than that to forge a careeer. will he have ever hade it big had he stayed in MELB. i'd doubt it...doesnt have the appettite for hard work, a fairly key ingredient in elite sport

I reckon Troy needs to watch that new Jeep commercial with Tommy Hafey.

http://cha-cdn220-is-2.se.bptvpd.ngcdn.telstra.com/pd_afltigers0/110506_tommyjeep_1mb.mp4

Love his quote: "If it is to be, it is up to me".

C'mon Troy lift!

Let him go no room or requirement for mentally weak, fragile selfish types at the RFC can see why they drafted him, just dont know why they did, obvious issues present. Im tipping he may end up at Gold Coast with his cuzz Patrick.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Sorry, but he can stay up there. I can handle it once, but twice...

As George W Bush once said: Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice...can't fool me again.
I think Bush fooled many,and many times at that.As far as Taylor is concerned,give him a third go.Cousins and Fev certainly had more.

He is the type we need to play as a third tall.

Tall enough to have spells as a lead up CHF when the resting ruckman moves into the ruck. Mobile enough to compete on the ground and provide forward pressure.

With any luck he will be back by the half way mark of the season.