The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

I'm not sure who I'll go for, IMHO Hawks are still the best team and I like to see the deserving win, however is this Hawthorn unit really in the class of the great , lions an Cats teams of this millennium? 3 peats only happen to truly great teams . Eagles have done a mighty job ,so many players have done there job brilliantly and Adam Simpson is a star, Who ever wins will have played great exciting footy thru out the year an that's great for footy, reckon we are in for a ripper.

This was the year of the change over, top sides for years starting to decline and young sides not quite at there peak.

While I doubt I'll be watching the GF, apart from the last quarter, I hope the Eagles win. A bit of humility among my Hawks supporting work colleagues would be a beautiful thing.

Go Toigs! said:
While I doubt I'll be watching the GF, apart from the last quarter, I hope the Eagles win. A bit of humility among my Hawks supporting work colleagues would be a beautiful thing.
I hear ya....its like they were solely responsible for there wins. Talk back radio is chock full of smug Hawks

Sintiger said:
i am a bit disappointed that the GF is not a western derby to be honest.

I would like to see the eagles win it because I like the way they play. Maybe it's because I have been around a while and I like the structure of quick ball movement to key forwards.

I don't think they will win it however although I have had a niggling feeling all year that the Hawks are more vulnerable than in previous years.

I wanted a Freo win so they could at least get their first flag and I reckon the pav deserves it.

West Coke by about 4 to 5 goals (hoping)

I think I heard that only 3 eagles players had any GF experience. Compared to the hawks that would be a huge advantage for the Hawks. If the Eagles can withstand the initial pressure I can see them pulling off a win.

Am considering not watching. I can't stand Hawthorn. Didn't mind the teams of the 80's but this mob I absolutely loathe. Arrogant and obnoxious Verucas. They are like the new Carlton, always poaching other clubs players and threatening the league when things don't go their way (ie: equalisation) and deserve a reality check. OK they have a great administration but they're a bunch of jerks.

Go Toigs! said:
GO TO SUBIACO AND WATCH A EAGLES GAME and i guarentee you will want the hawks to win , nothing compares to the morons here in perth

houdini said:
GO TO SUBIACO AND WATCH A EAGLES GAME and i guarentee you will want the hawks to win , nothing compares to the morons here in perth
Nope... General Hawks idiots and especially the bandwagon supporters who will go next week after barely going to a game all year are awful.

As an example I overheard a conversation in the servo yesterday. They were talking about Hawthorn and how they should win easily next week. One guy comments on how well Isaac Smith player and the other asks him 'which one's Smith?'. Now that is typical!

Good grand final duo.

On my rankings I had them 1 and 2 this year. I thought we were probably no 3. North stole our script for the finals but the two GF teams deserve to be there. Both attacking teams who value forwards.

I'll be cheering for West Coast.

lamb22 said:
Good grand final duo.

On my rankings I had them 1 and 2 this year. I thought we were probably no 3. North stole our script for the finals but the two GF teams deserve to be there. Both attacking teams who value forwards.

I'll be cheering for West Coast.

Same here. I just can't get into cheering for the hawks anymore.

Oldest Grand Final teams

AvAge Cb Year Op R
------------------
27.73 Es 1923 Fi W
27.68 Fi 1944 Ri W
27.58 Ca 1909 Sy L
27.55 Co 1903 Fi W
27.50 Br 2004 PA L
27.43 Co 1915 Ca L
27.41 Ca 1904 Fi L
27.32 Sy 1945 Ca L
27.29 Ca 1908 Es W
27.27 Ge 2011 Co W
27.14 Ca 1921 Ri L
27.08 Co 1905 Fi L
27.02 Co 1918 Sy L
27.01 PA 2004 Br W
26.96 St 2010 Co D
26.95 Co 1919 Ri W
26.92 Ri 1921 Ca W
26.89 Ri 1982 Ca L
26.85 Sy 2014 Ha L
26.80 Ha 2014 Sy W

Hawthorn 27.70, 27.64 & 27.66 in their three finals this season.

CC TIGER said:
I hear ya....its like they were solely responsible for there wins. Talk back radio is chock full of smug Hawks
If we were ever able to emulate them I think plenty of Tiger supporters would be just as smug and just as willing to let everyone know about it.

CarnTheTiges said:
If we were ever able to emulate them I think plenty of Tiger supporters would be just as smug and just as willing to let everyone know about it.
Absolutely no doubt .

I've been spoilt all year with Foxtel.

Painful to watch the VFL grand final in SD on 7. The AFL grand final will be the same I assume. I'll just listen to it on the wireless.

houdini said:
U2

YinnarTiger said:
I've been spoilt all year with Foxtel.

Painful to watch the VFL grand final in SD on 7. The AFL grand final will be the same I assume. I'll just listen to it on the wireless.

Didn't I read somewhere that it will be in HD this year?

23.21.159 said:
Didn't I read somewhere that it will be in HD this year?

yes mate correct there showing it on there second channel called 7 mate in HD, and on channel 7 digital not in HD

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Oldest Grand Final teams

AvAge Cb Year Op R
------------------
27.73 Es 1923 Fi W
27.68 Fi 1944 Ri W
27.58 Ca 1909 Sy L
27.55 Co 1903 Fi W
27.50 Br 2004 PA L
27.43 Co 1915 Ca L
27.41 Ca 1904 Fi L
27.32 Sy 1945 Ca L
27.29 Ca 1908 Es W
27.27 Ge 2011 Co W
27.14 Ca 1921 Ri L
27.08 Co 1905 Fi L
27.02 Co 1918 Sy L
27.01 PA 2004 Br W
26.96 St 2010 Co D
26.95 Co 1919 Ri W
26.92 Ri 1921 Ca W
26.89 Ri 1982 Ca L
26.85 Sy 2014 Ha L
26.80 Ha 2014 Sy W

Hawthorn 27.70, 27.64 & 27.66 in their three finals this season.

Thats amazing mate, Im sure someone of your statistical ability can find the average age for say this decade of GF and Winners?

I think i remember you posted our losing EF team was at approx 24.5??? we lose Newy and possibly big Ivan and that will change in '16

I think I heard correctly at the end of the footy last night that, if your a Hawks or Eagles member that you had to go into a balet of 15k to have the chance of getting a ticket to the GF that would cost you between $170 and $390 and you had no choice in that. Really pisses me off that, say a 60 year extremely loyal Bulldogs member, could miss out on a ticket to a GF , when somebody who's just joined can get a ticket simply because of AFL greed an a rediculous balet system