The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

CC TIGER said:
I think I heard correctly at the end of the footy last night that, if your a Hawks or Eagles member that you had to go into a balet of 15k to have the chance of getting a ticket to the GF that would cost you between $170 and $390 and you had no choice in that. Really p!sses me off that, say a 60 year extremely loyal Bulldogs member, could miss out on a ticket to a GF , when somebody who's just joined can get a ticket simply because of AFL greed an a rediculous balet system
There's tiers of membership which give you a different Priority. Priority one members get an automatic ticket if they pay the price. Priority two and lower go into the ballot for the remainder of the club's allocation if they register.
I paid $1k+ pa for the opportunity to pay another $1k for tickets for myself and the kids for Saturday. (Worth it, though ;))

Motown said:
There's tiers of membership which give you a different Priority. Priority one members get an automatic ticket if they pay the price. Priority two and lower go into the ballot for the remainder of the club's allocation if they register.
I paid $1k+ pa for the opportunity to pay another $1k for tickets for myself and the kids for Saturday. (Worth it, though ;))
Thanks for that Motown , makes it Clearer

sick of seeing this plastic club hawthown *smile* and *smile* colors make finals and win flags. can't stand this *smile* excuse of a club. go to their games and you can hear their supporters whispering about what they had for dinner. disgrace that a *smile* club can win so many flags. as much as i hate the drug cheats west coast I hope they win.

Harry said:
sick of seeing this plastic club hawthown sh!t and p!ss colors make finals and win flags. can't stand this sh!t excuse of a club. go to their games and you can hear their supporters whispering about what they had for dinner. disgrace that a sh!t club can win so many flags. as much as i hate the drug cheats west coast I hope they win.
they have the right structures in place that have bought them premierships and have seen hawthorn go flying past us and leave us for dead , and we still have faith in a coach that can not win a final , the clowns that run our club will probably extend dimwits contract over the summer

Qantas fares from Perth-Melb now up to $3,530 return!! Virgin are 'cheap' by comparison at $2,758 return.
Me thinks the shareholders at said airlines would be fairly happy.

SpaceAce said:
Qantas fares from Perth-Melb now up to $3,530 return!! Virgin are 'cheap' by comparison at $2,758 return.
the free market at work :D

SpaceAce said:
Heard thing about WCE supporters flying over now, because they simply can't book tickets closer to the day.

Harry said:
sick of seeing this plastic club hawthown sh!t and p!ss colors make finals and win flags. can't stand this sh!t excuse of a club. go to their games and you can hear their supporters whispering about what they had for dinner. disgrace that a sh!t club can win so many flags. as much as i hate the drug cheats west coast I hope they win.

That's funny Harry. A "*smile* excuse of a club" that we'd all like to emulate. At least we do have better colours though.

SpaceAce said:

disgusting. no matter whose pockets its coming out of.

Hawthorn and the eagles won reasonably comfortable as i expected. hawks this week for mine and i hope they win. while i hate both teams, as hawthorn won it the last 2 years it will be less annoying if they went on and won a 3rd.

CarnTheTiges said:
Heard thing about WCE supporters flying over now, because they simply can't book tickets closer to the day.

if i was an Eagles or Freo fan, i would have booked flights and accomm to Melbourne at the start of the year. even if your team doesn't make it, you still get to experience the vibe of Grand Final week in Melbourne.

Ian4 said:
Hawthorn and the eagles won reasonably comfortable as i expected. hawks this week for mine and i hope they win. while i hate both teams, as hawthorn won it the last 2 years it will be less annoying if they went on and won a 3rd.

if i was an Eagles or Freo fan, i would have booked flights and accomm to Melbourne at the start of the year. even if your team doesn't make it, you still get to experience the vibe of Grand Final week in Melbourne.
They're similar things with the North Qld supporters in the NRL as well.

Tigertough1974 said:
Thats amazing mate, Im sure someone of your statistical ability can find the average age for say this decade of GF and Winners?

I think i remember you posted our losing EF team was at approx 24.5??? we lose Newy and possibly big Ivan and that will change in '16

Our EF team was 25.56, not young but a lot younger than North.

GF averages by decade:

Decade AvAge Min Max
-------------------------
1898-99 24.95 24.18 25.47
1900-09 25.62 23.52 27.58
1910-19 26.08 24.61 27.43
1920-29 25.33 23.77 27.73
1930-39 25.30 24.20 26.77
1940-49 25.70 24.45 27.68
1950-59 23.94 22.58 25.96
1960-69 23.57 22.06 24.77
1970-79 24.71 23.36 26.62
1980-89 25.53 23.65 26.89
1990-99 25.46 23.95 26.77
2000-09 25.56 23.88 27.50
2010-14 26.13 24.16 27.27
All 25.21 22.06 27.73

Each of this year's preliminary finalists fielded either their oldest or second-oldest team in club history during this finals series (top three for Hawthorn, and top three for Freo if you include Round 22).

There will be a changing of the guard in 2016. Opportunity awaits.

CarnTheTiges said:

Fares departing Perth today and tomorrow are just under $2,000 return. Cheaper than flying over later this week, but still astronomically high for a domestic flight. Inconceivable to pay the price of a return fare to Europe for a 4 hour flight.
For all the effort and expense of the Eagles fans I hope they are rewarded with a win!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Our EF team was 25.56, not young but a lot younger than North.

GF averages by decade:

Decade AvAge Min Max
1898-99 24.95 24.18 25.47
1900-09 25.62 23.52 27.58
1910-19 26.08 24.61 27.43
1920-29 25.33 23.77 27.73
1930-39 25.30 24.20 26.77
1940-49 25.70 24.45 27.68
1950-59 23.94 22.58 25.96
1960-69 23.57 22.06 24.77
1970-79 24.71 23.36 26.62
1980-89 25.53 23.65 26.89
1990-99 25.46 23.95 26.77
2000-09 25.56 23.88 27.50
2010-14 26.13 24.16 27.27
All 25.21 22.06 27.73

Each of this year's preliminary finalists fielded either their oldest or second-oldest team in club history during this finals series (top three for Hawthorn, and top three for Freo if you include Round 22).

There will be a changing of the guard in 2016. Opportunity awaits.

I thought you liked older teams? Same teams could be there again unless their average age drops dramatically.

SpaceAce said:
Fares departing Perth today and tomorrow are just under $2,000 return. Cheaper than flying over later this week, but still astronomically high for a domestic flight. Inconceivable to pay the price of a return fare to Europe for a 4 hour flight.
For all the effort and expense of the Eagles fans I hope they are rewarded with a win!
Bloody rediculous, you'd be neally better of hiring a mini bus with a few of the lads an drivin, 40 hours I think it is

Harry said:
*smile* i hate hawthorn - go west coast druggies
Yep *smile*ing hate those *smile*s and their supporters whom simply see it as a formality that they have success. If we manage to pull off a finals win or two or three next season, no one else would I love knocking off more than them. Wow did I roar the house down in the past couple of wins we've had over them. Would love to be able to do that in a final and wave their fair weather supporters goodbye.

Hate Hawthorn, WCE a bit.....meh. Looks like a productive day out in the garden. Being a child of the 80s, don't need to see those *smile* in yet another GF. If I never see another Hawthorn GF again it would be too many. "Get behind your Tassie Hawks" the radio and news readers ram down our throats down here. No, get *smile*! Not my *smile* team. Makes me barrack even harder against them.

If your team finishe top 4,
You should think ahead and book flights. Even if your team miss's the gf
Worse case scenario you spent a couple days in Melbourne

Motown said:

Mo, does this mean you pay some premium price and may not get the GF ticket? Do you get something during the season for your extra $ or is simply a ticket in the GF raffle?

CC TIGER said:
Bloody rediculous, you'd be neally better of hiring a mini bus with a few of the lads an drivin, 40 hours I think it is

Road trip would be great fun!
I heard on the news one Eagles fan has booked an airfare from Perth to Auckland via Melbourne, which will work out much cheaper than flying to Melb direct. He is obviously getting off at Tullamarine and skipping the 2nd leg of the trip. You can't make this stuff up!