The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

TigerMasochist said:
Best be careful what u wish for CC.
If Dimma n the boys have a crap year next year Wossy might just come along n seagull the senior job.
List is just about built, pick up a class recruit over summer n if we stumble, it might be time to review the coaching situation n grab an experienced finals coach.
No no no TM wasn't wishin for it, just some friendly advice for Rosco

TigerMasochist said:
Only as an apprentice under the much loved Robbie Walls, he'd just have been following instructions back in those days.

Might be blasphemy to some but, if Dimma doesn't step us up a notch next year n obviously comes under the pump. I wouldn't mind if we had a look at Wossy as our coach.

Senility is setting in TM

In preparation for a mass influx of West Coast fans into Melbourne late next week, Qantas have wasted no time in jacking up airfares; $2,860 return from Perth - Melbourne!!! :eek:
For that price you can fly to Europe in peak season, twice to Los Angeles return, three times to Singapore return and about 6 times Melb-Perth any other time! Insane.

Might just be a bloody good GF....this Hawks team is not quite as good as it once was and this Eagles side has plenty about it

What are flights to Bali? Perth Bali return, Bali Melboure return.

Baloo said:
What are flights to Bali? Perth Bali return, Bali Melboure return.

Melb-Bali return is $1,800 and Perth-Bali $1,000. Significantly cheaper than going to the GF for a Perth resident.

CC TIGER said:
Might just be a bloody good GF....this Hawks team is not quite as good as it once was and this Eagles side has plenty about it

Yup. Might break out my last JiffyPop. Sometimes it's good to be a neutral.

SpaceAce said:
In preparation for a mass influx of West Coast fans into Melbourne late next week, Qantas have wasted no time in jacking up airfares; $2,860 return from Perth - Melbourne!!! :eek:
For that price you can fly to Europe in peak season, twice to Los Angeles return, three times to Singapore return and about 6 times Melb-Perth any other time! Insane.

hahahaha. You gotta luv blantant extortion.

I wonder what any flight out of Perth will be. Eg maybe fly to Adelaide. Then Adelaide to Melbourne. or a Sydney leg, then back to melb. Look at another city.

Cheapest flight to Adel is around $1200 Friday onwards, Adel to Melb is $350 odd. One way
You can not book any flights to melbourne via webjet at the moment while they are adjusting their prices. :rofl

Baloo said:
Senility is setting in TM
Nah not quite, deafness is so you can all yell at me as much as you like n I'll either not hear or ignore all of you.

If we struggle to progress again next year n Dimma comes under the pump, there's really not much going to be available in the coaching arena. There's just been a massive generational change in the coaching system over the last few years.
Not sure we'd want to start over with a beginner coach n apart from that last step of the big dance Wossy has had his teams deep into finals year after year. Every coaches list ages n deteriorates over time. If Dimma can't push us through the elimination finals barrier then I reckon Wossy sure as hell would and right deep in as well.
Isn't that what we all want after all? Play strong winning footy all year long n progress past the first knockout final n at least a chance of winning a flag.

SpaceAce said:

Who flies Qantas these days?

i am a bit disappointed that the GF is not a western derby to be honest.

I would like to see the eagles win it because I like the way they play. Maybe it's because I have been around a while and I like the structure of quick ball movement to key forwards.

I don't think they will win it however although I have had a niggling feeling all year that the Hawks are more vulnerable than in previous years.

Sintiger said:
I don't think they will win it however although I have had a niggling feeling all year that the Hawks are more vulnerable than in previous years.

For all of Hawthorn's obvious attributes that have got them to another GF, there is little that they can do to overcome the extra accumulated fatigue that they will have in comparison to their opponent.

They would want to be at least 3 or 4 goals up at 3/4 time on a forecast 28C day to feel that they may not be overrun by the side with the easier run into the game.