The grand final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The grand final

Gee it was a funny year. I thought the worst two sides in the 8 were Sydney and Freo and so it proved. How they snared top 4 spots is an indictment to teams like Richmond and North. Port's tough draw also conspired against them. At least North rectified the discrepancy in the finals.

Hope West Coast win the thing as they are great to watch.

Don't discount North though. I had Richmond easily beating Sydney and being competitive against WC had we won the EF.

I expect North to be thereabouts today but when they do fall apart they do fall apart completely.

It's over Rosco ......another failed year and anther year of dead set boring football that hasn't delivered. 2 star bookends gone, so many on the list ticking away from there best.......quick Rossy abandon ship an put your hand up for the Crows gig

CC TIGER said:
It's over Rosco ......another failed year and anther year of dead set boring football that hasn't delivered. 2 star bookends gone, so many on the list ticking away from there best.......quick Rossy abandon ship an put your hand up for the Crows gig

James Clement on ABC Radio pre-game said "this is it for Freo. Last chance. Lose and they're in a rebuild and Lyon may not stick around".

poppa x said:
James Clement on ABC Radio pre-game said "this is it for Freo. Last chance. Lose and they're in a rebuild and Lyon may not stick around".
Pre game on SEN they said similar things. If Lyon loses then everything about his philosophy will be questioned intently.

Zero romance in this years GF that's for sure. Norf won't make it so nuff said. Yawnthorn or WCoke and their psycho fans. Might take the kids to the park.

snaps truly said:
He probably is right now, but he has had good teams to step straight into imo. Do you think he would have done a better job with a rebuild?
Rebuilds aren't his go. I doubt he'd take on a team who required a rebuild.

It will be a three peat. Make no mistake. Whoever they play - they've got both the Weagles and Norf covered easily.

snaps truly said:
He probably is right now, but he has had good teams to step straight into imo. Do you think he would have done a better job with a rebuild?
we just need to win games in September rosco has done this and if not for a riewaldt brian fade risco would of been a premiership coach , dimma can not win in September and that is FACT

I want Hawthron to win the Premiership. Despite their supports I have a soft spot for them as I grew up in Hawthorn when I was a kid and for about 2 days I was a Hawthorn support until I was threatened with eviction at the age of 5.

And Ross is the last coach I want at RFC. He'll leave us in a depleted mess.

Experience with crowds tends to colour your view of teams. I have been to Subi twice for Wet toast games and it wasn't a pleasant experience. What I always find interesting is that imo melbourne crowds are always less aggressive towards interstate team supporters than the opposite, well at least Adelaide and Perth. That's certainly my experience.

Despite that I like the way the Eagles play footy and simply because it is time for a change I would like to see them win it

CC TIGER said:
.......quick Rossy abandon ship an put your hand up for the Crows gig
Best be careful what u wish for CC.
If Dimma n the boys have a crap year next year Wossy might just come along n seagull the senior job.
List is just about built, pick up a class recruit over summer n if we stumble, it might be time to review the coaching situation n grab an experienced finals coach.

Baloo said:
I want Hawthron to win the Premiership. Despite their supports I have a soft spot for them as I grew up in Hawthorn when I was a kid and for about 2 days I was a Hawthorn support until I was threatened with eviction at the age of 5.

And Ross is the last coach I want at RFC. He'll leave us in a depleted mess.
Ross has already coached at the Tigers. ;D

The Mole said:
Ross has already coached at the Tigers. ;D
Only as an apprentice under the much loved Robbie Walls, he'd just have been following instructions back in those days.

Might be blasphemy to some but, if Dimma doesn't step us up a notch next year n obviously comes under the pump. I wouldn't mind if we had a look at Wossy as our coach.

TigerMasochist said:
Only as an apprentice under the much loved Robbie Walls, he'd just have been following instructions back in those days.

Might be blasphemy to some but, if Dimma doesn't step us up a notch next year n obviously comes under the pump. I wouldn't mind if we had a look at Wossy as our coach.
Wash your mouth TM!