The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

You can hate them but damn their list management makes us look pedestrian. Their best players are now their younger guys coming through. We barely had a younger player in our best all year. No one does rebuild on the fly than them.
Made a comment along lines of your 3rd sentence a few weeks back. No matter how bad we were it was the the triple premiership players who were in the best 6 week in week out.

Reactions: 1 users
They're going to win it again, aren't they. That will make the season even more depressing that it's already been.

Please footy gods, please not again. anyone but Geelong.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
You can hate them but damn their list management makes us look pedestrian. Their best players are now their younger guys coming through. We barely had a younger player in our best all year. No one does rebuild on the fly than them.
Having said the above, they also have had continuity of a good base of players that their young blokes can come play roles within their system. We've been @rse out all season. Hard for anyone to shine let alone someone trying to find their way.
Regardless the point is talent identification is good along with conditioning.

I hope they don't win it, it'll feel like a Gold Coast winning it, the most boring outcome of a boring season with boring finals teams.

Reactions: 1 user
They're going to win it again, aren't they. That will make the season even more depressing that it's already been.

Yep. Already got texts from my younger Bro that I haven't bothered reading yet. To old to slow, a dozen prelims n finals every year since forever ago. 3 flags n then another 1 to start this next run of flags. Aaaarrgh it's *smile* disgusting.

Does Geelong have any triple premiership players?
Yep.
They've got a whole bunch of them n even got a fourple premiership player, but them ones are nearly all retired now. Trouble is that the bastards have got a great big bunch of shiny new premiership players that might just become dual premiership players in a couple of weeks n then they'll start hunting to become the next team of triple premiership players.

What are we gonna do about these ***.

We're the only club in the AFL that can handle them in finals.

Rise Richmond.... riiiiiiiise !

If the Cats win the flag I expect the Richmond fan, AFL CEO Andrew Dillon, to tinker with rules to try and minimise their strengths.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
As much as I hate them you have to admire them. Their recruiting and devolpment is the envy of the league. The fitness staff are also first rate. The way older blokes like Danger are still running on top of the ground at 34 is incredible.

Reactions: 1 user
As much as I hate them you have to admire them. Their recruiting and devolpment is the envy of the league. The fitness staff are also first rate. The way older blokes like Danger are still running on top of the ground at 34 is incredible.

That's what I say publicly to my Geelong supporting aquaintences but deep down I have a seething resentment that overrides any respect I have for them, especially after their favourable treatment with the rules post 2020. I've found there is little sympathy from non-Richmond followers for this argument so I don't bother raising it anymore.

Reactions: 3 users

Na. The opposition did not turn up. That is as insipid a performance as I can recall in a final. No pressure. It started at selection.

Port's runners (gun mids, gun HBF) have covered up their KP problems and when you lose 2 weapons off HB and your mids all have less than ave performances you are left to rely on your bigs.

Look at the keys at both ends - Dixon/Rat/Zerk/Allir - perhaps the weakest big 4 of all teams? Allir is massively overrated IMO. He is at best a 3rd tall defender.

You will not get a performance like that out of GWS or Syd.

Reactions: 4 users
What are we gonna do about these ***.

We're the only club in the AFL that can handle them in finals.

Rise Richmond.... riiiiiiiise !
That is the overriding response. They have never beaten us in a GF. They are our finals bunnies. We are 10-2 in all finals.

I love that all 3 flags I have seen went through the Cats. Will never forget the joy of that after years of punishment in H&A.

Reactions: 3 users