The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

can't help but laugh at the timing.
We have rained on geelongs parade yet again.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Great player, fantastic career.

Sport can be very brutal. 12 months ago Hawkins and Martin looked like they had years left in them. This year, both players looked every bit of their respective years in age and then some.

Reactions: 3 users
He has already passed Jack for club games (787) - is on 796 goals and needs 5 more to pass Richo on 800.

Creates a selection dilemma for the Cats - do they pick an injury prone and largely non productive Tomahawk for a send off when they are contending for finals?

First Dusty leaves Plonkerfield in the GF dust.

Now steals the limelight from old Tomcat, leaving latter to face rabid media ratpack solo.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah absolutely he was.

I hope he doesn't come back this year and kick 3 more goals though as that'll take him past Jack.

I think you mean Richo.
Needs 5 Goals.
Has already passed Sir Jackmond.

Richo 800
Porkins 796
Sir Jackmond 787

Great career, shocking timing!

Great player, fantastic career.

Sport can be very brutal. 12 months ago Hawkins and Martin looked like they had years left in them. This year, both players looked every bit of their respective years in age and then some.
Hawk has been on the slide for a while. And dusty really hasn't been the same player since the Robinson collision. The end comes quickly.

Personally think it's a big risk for the Pies to allow Pendlebury to be going around again.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you mean Richo.
Needs 5 Goals.
Has already passed Sir Jackmond.

Richo 800
Porkins 796
Sir Jackmond 787

Great career, shocking timing!

I was going by wikipedia but I checked AFL Tables and you are correct.

Maybe the wiki listing has been fudged, a bit like his playing height!

I was going by wikipedia but I checked AFL Tables and you are correct.

Maybe the wiki listing has been fudged, a bit like his playing height!
Cheers BrianTaylor.

I use this site. They are pretty good.

Yeah absolutely he was.

I hope he doesn't come back this year and kick 3 more goals though as that'll take him past Jack.
Shovekins had the quality players feeding him for his whole career, put Jack there n he would be up to Locket, well almost

Yes, a great player but as with others at Geelong he had rule changes to his benefit.
The one that gets missed among the 6-6-6, stand rule etc, is when Hocking removed the 'Hands in the Back' rule from 2019. Now which power forward with a propensity to shove opponents in the back in marking contests and boundary throw ins would gain the most from that decision?

Reactions: 6 users
Hawk has been on the slide for a while. And dusty really hasn't been the same player since the Robinson collision. The end comes quickly.
It does and is why it's folly when people say of a 30 something player when they've had a good game or season "oh, he can play for another 5 years, til he's 36, I reckon".