The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

That is the overriding response. They have never beaten us in a GF. They are our finals bunnies. We are 10-2 in all finals.

I love that all 3 flags I have seen went through the Cats. Will never forget the joy of that after years of punishment in H&A.

DS

Reckon the Hawkins injury has helped them.

Think this win is getting a tad overrated. The pressure applied by Port through the middle was pathetic. There wasn't a hell of a lot of pressure on the bloke delivering the ball i50. 22 marks inside 50 taken by the cats. Cannot recall too many being contested.

Yeh, Cameron is unique. But all of a sudden all their kids are stars?

One thing I do wonder with Geelong, their last couple of rounds were easy games, Port were pathetic last night.

Geelong had the week off before the finals and now another week off.

It has all been pretty easy for them for around 6 weeks leading up to the PF.

I hope that whoever plays Geelong in the PF hits them with massive pressure which they won't have seen for a long time.

There is a vulnerability which comes from no hard games for a long period before a big final.

I live in hope anyway!

DS

Reactions: 6 users
i hate geelong

but i am starting to really, really admire geelong

chris scott is a denier, a master of the adaptive coaching method

patrick dangerfield is simply a battering ram, all day, every minute

grudging respect.

Reactions: 8 users
i hate geelong

grudging respect.

Feeling even grudging respect for PD is a symptom of a potentially serious condition
Fortunately it’s curable
A two step treatment works
Watch the last minute of the 2nd Qtr of PF19 (Diverfield)
Then watch the entire last Qtr of GF20 (Clangerfield)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
i hate geelong

grudging respect.
Danger is, except when Dusty was on field. Dustin Martin was Danger’s kryptonite.

Reactions: 2 users
Been a great club for some time now , I think there greatest strength outside of some champion footballers they’ve had is their off field group , obviously Stephen Wells has no peers

If Port beats the Dorks will it be “all aboard Kenny the Great” again?

Reactions: 1 user
All these things can be true:
Geelong’s home ground coupled with travel to Melbourne inflates their ladder position.
They are a very well run club.
Wells is the best in the business.
Chris Scott is a *smile*.
They learned the lessons of our game plan and changed their approach.
Shocking getting the rules changed to benefit Geelong was an outrageous conflict of interest.

Being around the top four consistently gives them a chance even when they don’t appear quite at that level. Only a couple of things have to fall their way, or go against their opposition, and they are well in the premiership race. Port were pathetic last night but here we are, another prelim for them.
Nah, only one of those statements is true:

All these things can be true:
Chris Scott is a *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Would love to see them lose this weekend. I’m happy with an all interstate GF.