The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

My opinion is Mini gets the eagles coaching job
there is not alot of highly rated applicants there with all the top ones ruling them selfs out

Reactions: 1 user
Are you suggesting if we lose a FA, the AFL will use our reaction to screw us over again ?
Hey Brodders, not sure what you mean there mate about our reaction but it works something like this. If we only offered J Graham a one year contract on $200,000 our compo wouldn’t be as good as if we offered him 4 years on $600,000 and he still left.
Hopefully that clarifies it…

Tiger M, I know what’s been reported re the WC coaching gig but my mail was “Hoping to reveal the new coach this week, maybe early next week but definitely before the GF”. If that’s wrong, I have to wear it as I posted it.

Reactions: 7 users
Quick bit of mail that has come through…
WC hoping to announce their new coach this week so dominoes will start falling after that.
For each free agent that leaves you get one pick for each (if any)..
I was told years ago that one of the “secret herbs & spices” that goes into working out free agency compo is what contract has been offered to the player from the club he is leaving, if no or a minimal contract has been offered by the club losing the player, it dilutes the compo.
There are still a number of grenades to be thrown leading into and within the silly season (not necessarily us), load up on your pop corn.

Clubs would surely offer some sort of ambit contract if thats the case.

Thanks again Archy

2 examples of risk and reward that I hope BH looks carefully at are the Jessie Hogan and Stengle types of bargains , super talents who just couldn’t click , maybe maturity has a lot to do with it , however I remember hoping we’d take a punt on those at the asking price, in saying that for every good turn around story there is a Sydney Stack story

Hey Brodders, not sure what you mean there mate about our reaction but it works something like this. If we only offered J Graham a one year contract on $200,000 our compo wouldn’t be as good as if we offered him 4 years on $600,000 and he still left.

Tiger M, I know what’s been reported re the WC coaching gig but my mail was “Hoping to reveal the new coach this week, maybe early next week but definitely before the GF”. If that’s wrong, I have to wear it as I posted it.
Hence why we upped Grahams contract.

Reactions: 3 users
Is that right ? Accepting the AFL are a pack of **** that make stuff up to suit - especially when it comes to rogering Richmond - but their secret herbs and spices formula is supposed to be based on the new contract after the net loss of a player.

Reactions: 1 users
Is that right ? Accepting the AFL are a pack of **** that make stuff up to suit - especially when it comes to rogering Richmond - but their secret herbs and spices formula is supposed to be based on the new contract after the net loss of a player.

Melbourne didn’t tank….
Bombers innocent with their “Supplements”
Tom Lynch’s goal went over the post…
I could go on…..

B Ellis was finishing a 4 year approx $600,000 contract.
His next offer from us was approx 3 years at $400,000 due to overall TPP.
GC offered 5 years at approx $650,000 and he took it.
If our offer was better to him, we would’ve got better compo but we couldn’t. Basically the AFL has a running sheet of where all clubs TPP’s are at so they know when clubs are trying to rort the system.
The Tigers understood Ellis’s situation and history and were happy for him to grab what he could while he could. Always welcomed back unlike others.

Reactions: 5 users

You are correct on FA.

Also on the West Coast coaching -

Apparently Brett Montgomery is the favorite and can now follow up after GWS got knocked out, but further interviews are this week including McQualtrer & Schofield. Apparently King and Hinkley are the other 2 possibilities on the list.
West Coast B & F is Thursday, so would not be announced before that.

Reactions: 1 users

I mean the reaction of one of our players was used 2 years ago to cost a spot in the semis, im guessing now the AFL will use our reaction to give us band 9 compo for Graham.

We've heard that we're angling for extra first rounders in 2025. Smart play. For 2026 we'll want more. Let's hope Blair doesn't have to get refunds on anybody from 2024. But we know he can do that if need be.

We've heard that we're angling for extra first rounders in 2025. Smart play. For 2026 we'll want more. Let's hope Blair doesn't have to get refunds on anybody from 2024. But we know he can do that if need be.
We want more 1st rounder for 2026,,that looks a very good year even this far out.

We want more 1st rounder for 2026,,that looks a very good year even this far out.
I'm sure Blair will have his eye on that draft, bengal. I'm thinking about how we get into it this far out. One of the Whitlock's not measuring up to Faull? Not getting a game? Refund.

Isn’t 2026 compromised for Tassie? If so, we’ve been there before with GC and GWS. Would have thought our value would be prior to and post Tassie assistance

If our offer was better to him, we would’ve got better compo
I might be totally wrong, but don't believe this is correct. Can I find this specific part somewhere?

"The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent."

New contract is listed here and, not the proposed contract.

As an example St Kilda offered what they believe they needed to get a 1st rounder for Josh Battle and he's accepted less with Hawthorn. Discussion has purely been around whether Hawthorns money will be enough and not the fact had St Kilda offered enough for 1st round compo.

Isn’t 2026 compromised for Tassie? If so, we’ve been there before with GC and GWS. Would have thought our value would be prior to and post Tassie assistance
Blair is all over this, jb. Three big drafts for us.

I might be totally wrong, but don't believe this is correct. Can I find this specific part somewhere?

"The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent."

New contract is listed here and, not the proposed contract.

As an example St Kilda offered what they believe they needed to get a 1st rounder for Josh Battle and he's accepted less with Hawthorn. Discussion has purely been around whether Hawthorns money will be enough and not the fact had St Kilda offered enough for 1st round compo.
Who says it's written down, Tt? Secret herbs and spices.