The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Who says it's written down, Tt? Secret herbs and spices.
I can probably tell you the compensation of every free agent ever off the top of my head since 2013 and I've never heard of any media person suggest that might be the case in compensation.

The only inconsistency for compensation i've seen is from differing seasons ala Motlops 2017 and Ellis' 2019. Not from one club offering less to a departing player than another club.

Reactions: 1 user
I might be totally wrong, but don't believe this is correct. Can I find this specific part somewhere?

"The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent."

New contract is listed here and, not the proposed contract.

As an example St Kilda offered what they believe they needed to get a 1st rounder for Josh Battle and he's accepted less with Hawthorn. Discussion has purely been around whether Hawthorns money will be enough and not the fact had St Kilda offered enough for 1st round comp

I can probably tell you the compensation of every free agent ever off the top of my head since 2013 and I've never heard of any media person suggest that might be the case in compensation.

The only inconsistency for compensation i've seen is from differing seasons ala Motlops 2017 and Ellis' 2019. Not from one club offering less to a departing player than another club.
TT,
It’s only a small part of the equation, not one of the main contributing factors but it’s still a factor. Might only equate to 5-10% and in most cases wouldn’t be required but in some cases it is. Word on the street is St Kilda will get a pick straight after their 1st this year for losing Battle, it’s 95% certain.

I might be totally wrong, but don't believe this is correct. Can I find this specific part somewhere?

"The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent."

New contract is listed here and, not the proposed contract.

As an example St Kilda offered what they believe they needed to get a 1st rounder for Josh Battle and he's accepted less with Hawthorn. Discussion has purely been around whether Hawthorns money will be enough and not the fact had St Kilda offered enough for 1st round compo.

Correct.

Indirectly it might assist bumping up the competing clubs contract.

But the contract offered by the current club has zero impact on what band they receive if the player goes.

It is purely $$$ and length of the new clubs offer.

Reactions: 1 users
Word on the street is St Kilda will get a pick straight after their 1st this year for losing Battle, it’s 95% certain.
That’s the issue with it in the end. Battle is a decent player but no way is he worth a pick 6 or 7 in an open market. Probably mid teens would be about right for him.

Relating a pick to where the club getting the compensation finished on the ladder has no logic at all.

Reactions: 6 users
Battle has agreed to join Hawthorn on its 1st offer.
Which is less then Stkilda's offer.
That original offer does not get Stkilda a 1st round compo pick.
Stkilda supporters will be disappointed

• Love
That’s the issue with it in the end. Battle is a decent player but no way is he worth a pick 6 or 7 in an open market. Probably mid teens would be about right for him.

Relating a pick to where the club getting the compensation finished on the ladder has no logic at all.
Was a similar thing for #lolnorf when the Bombers took McKay.

I've heard the latest bombshell is that Parker Cotchin is looking to get traded at the end of the 2046 season to the NT Goannas. We are already working on the trade.
Parker just waiting to see who the Goannas appoint as coach. Thomson Dow favourite.

I've heard the latest bombshell is that Parker Cotchin is looking to get traded at the end of the 2046 season to the NT Goannas. We are already working on the trade.
Heh heh....the little kid is cute, smart and bloody funny. He wears the Curnow jumper at times, so hopefully Father Chimp keeps him a Tiger as he gets older.