The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Freo say we have spoken to injury prone 29 year Jack Martin so we have a back up plan ;) take 9 or leave it.
And he even knocks them back saying stuff you im not playing for Rookie salary

They really have no choice they have gone all in for a flag and Shai

Anything less than 9 & 10 should be laughed at

Reactions: 1 users
I heard a list manager being interviewed a couple of years ago on this type of trade
the take aways for me were
most clubs come to the table in good faith , but there are a couple and everyone in the industry knows who they are
often the club that wants to get the player doesn't have good enough picks and he used the term "swings and round abouts"
and if you get unders on one trade you'll make up for it on another

I wonder if all the talk about a deep draft will make clubs want to hang onto their top picks ?
Great if its such a deep draft we will take 9 , 10 , 17 and give them back a couple of 40's picks

Gratrful if someone can point me to where a Freo official has said they are committed to trading for Shai?

I haven't seen them commit to him like GC did with Rioli.
When a player says ' Trade me to freo' and he has met with the club and has a offer from them

thats committed

When a player says ' Trade me to freo' and he has met with the club and has a offer from them

thats committed
And had Serong, Brayshaw and their entire leadership group there at a meeting selling him the move to Freo. Pretty clear they’ve committed to him imo.

Reactions: 2 users
The reality is that it won’t be 9 and 10 for Bolton even if that is the agreement. It will most probably be 12 and 13 by the time Ashcroft and Lombard are picked and st kilda get their Battle compensation.
12 and 13 to me sounds a lot different to 9 and 10. I get that Ashcroft and Lombard are not realistically available to us but it is still the 12th and 13th best picks.

Why is the assumption the Aints are going to get first round compensation for Battle? Having read Aints' forums it seems to be a second rounder, but I guess no one really knows at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Why is the assumption the Aints are going to get first round compensation for Battle? Having read Aints' forums it seems to be a second rounder, but I guess no one really knows at this point.
The deal is meant to be 5 years at $900k or about that. If that gets compensation of a 2nd rounder we aren’t getting a 2nd rounder for the fridge.

The reality is that it won’t be 9 and 10 for Bolton even if that is the agreement. It will most probably be 12 and 13 by the time Ashcroft and Lombard are picked and st kilda get their Battle compensation.
12 and 13 to me sounds a lot different to 9 and 10. I get that Ashcroft and Lombard are not realistically available to us but it is still the 12th and 13th best picks.

Correct Sin. As you say they are still the 12th and 13th best picks from there draft year.

The deal is meant to be 5 years at $900k or about that. If that gets compensation of a 2nd rounder we aren’t getting a 2nd rounder for the fridge.
Perryman from GWS is touted to have been offered $850k for 6 years by Port. If he accepts, what would GWS' compensation be?

Apparently the criteria is based on the salary, years of the contract, player's age, etc. The said player's salary is pitted against other player's salary throughout the competition based on the top 1%, 5%, 10%, etc I believe? If so it's argued the Dawks' offer to Battle is lower than the Aints' & isn't in the top % necessary for band 1 compensation.

It's guess work for everyone I suspect. It seems like a lot of coin but I suspect it's not in the context of overall salaries these days.

How much do you expect fridge to be offered?

Last edited:
Perryman from GWS is touted to have been offered $850k for 6 years by Port. If he accepts, what would GWS' compensation be?

Apparently the criteria is based on the salary, years of the contract, player's age, etc. The said player's salary is pitted against other player's salary throughout the competition based on the top 1%, 5%, 10%, etc I believe? If so it's argued the Dawks' offer to Battle is lower than the Aints' & isn't in the top % necessary for band 1 compensation.

It's guess work for everyone I suspect. It seems like a lot of coin but I suspect it's not in the context of overall salaries these days.

Free agency compo when you lose more than 1 player is a bit of an unknown for me (has it happened before)? For example, if GWS lose Perryman and Cumming to free agency, do they get 2 picks based on where those players are valued per the formula, or do they receive 1 pick thats an accumulation? If its an accumulation, then its almost certain they get a 1st rounder.

I know when they decrease the free agency compo its net, but is it net when they receive double free agency compo?

Reactions: 1 user

I don’t know what the offer to Fridge is except that it is 4 years. For him to consider leaving it must be decent coin but I would be surprised if it was near those numbers.

All I was saying is that if 5 years at $900k was not a 1st round pick as was being speculated then our assumption about Graham getting a 2nd rounder is probably wrong. However you would expect a $4.5 million contract would be a 1st rounder? Who knows, with that secret formula

I don’t know what the offer to Fridge is except that it is 4 years. For him to consider leaving it must be decent coin but I would be surprised if it was near those numbers.

All I was saying is that if 5 years at $900k was not a 1st round pick as was being speculated then our assumption about Graham getting a 2nd rounder is probably wrong. However you would expect a $4.5 million contract would be a 1st rounder? Who knows, with that secret formula
Battle could be an end of 1st rd pick- which would be 21- assuming it is after the end of 1st rd picks North were given.
We could get a 2nd rd pick for Graham- which would be pick 23.
So a band lower, but just 2 picks later. Because of the ridiculous system the AFL use.

Reactions: 3 users
Battle could be an end of 1st rd pick- which would be 21- assuming it is after the end of 1st rd picks North were given.
We could get a 2nd rd pick for Graham- which would be pick 23.
So a band lower, but just 2 picks later. Because of the ridiculous system the AFL use.
It would be better for us if that were the case of course.

Still getting the 10th & 11th player available to us.Battle compo is a pain but in the context of it.Pick 29(Bolton) & 2 premierships for pick 10 & 11 is a great outcome.
Not to mention Bakes.Rookie pick & 2 Premierships for pick 14ish.

I think Fridge's decision to go to WC will be based on whether Mini gets the gig. If he does Fridge is 100% gone. I'm now hoping Mini is the new WC coach!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users