The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

He is contracted for another year. Just told he can explore his options, but any move would still require a trade.
Pass then, unless you get it for pick 65

Problem is, he adds to an already extremely pedestrian midfield. We don't need any more plodders.

Edit: posted above he's contracted.

The pace thing is my reservation as well, yep, would only look at for a pick after 65.

So not happening.

Matt Kennedy from the Blues. No contract, we have a PSD pick, no midfield depth. Hmmmm….
Besides the whole contract thing, the other issue would be he would only come for mid field time. Which for us would be midfield time next to Taranto and Hopper and occasionally Prestia.
We do need more midfielders, but we need either VFL guys who are hoping to prove themselves when given the chance, or the best 18yos in the country. Not a decent, but slow, starting midfielder.

Reactions: 4 users
Besides the whole contract thing, the other issue would be he would only come for mid field time. Which for us would be midfield time next to Taranto and Hopper and occasionally Prestia.
We do need more midfielders, but we need either VFL guys who are hoping to prove themselves when given the chance, or the best 18yos in the country. Not a decent, but slow, starting midfielder.

Agree, don't see the value in getting Kennedy when we already have Taranto and Hopper. If we didn't have them he'd be an option, but we need to add speed to our midfield not make it slower.

Reactions: 2 users
Matt Kennedy from the Blues. No contract, we have a PSD pick, no midfield depth. Hmmmm….
I really like this idea... If only for insurance when our guys get injured which seems to happen a lot with Hopper, Taranto and Prestia

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I really like this idea... If only for insurance when our guys get injured which seems to happen a lot with Hopper, Taranto and Prestia
Why would he leave the Blues cos he cant play midfield there, to come to Richmond to be "insurance"?
If Kennedy leaves Carlton it will be to go somewhere he is a starting midfielder. And that isnt us.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would he leave the Blues cos he cant play midfield there, to come to Richmond to be "insurance"?
If Kennedy leaves Carlton it will be to go somewhere he is a starting midfielder. And that isnt us.
If Kennedy can't get a game for us as a permanent mid, you can be confident he won't get a game for anyone there. We have the worst midfield in the league by a fair margin.

Reactions: 2 users
If Kennedy can't get a game for us as a permanent mid, you can be confident he won't get a game for anyone there. We have the worst midfield in the league by a fair margin.
Maybe and he would definitely get a game for us. but he doesnt suit our needs. and he isnt better than Taranto, Hopper or Prestia.
A team in contention might have a want for a 28yo 4th midfielder. We dont. (or at least shouldnt.)

Reactions: 1 user