The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

You are correct on FA.

Also on the West Coast coaching -

Apparently Brett Montgomery is the favorite and can now follow up after GWS got knocked out, but further interviews are this week including McQualtrer & Schofield. Apparently King and Hinkley are the other 2 possibilities on the list.
West Coast B & F is Thursday, so would not be announced before that.
News last night and Hun this morn put Skipworth from Colonwood into the picture for Wet Coke's coaching job as well. Hinkley will be seeing out his gig at Port next year.

Yep. Pick 3 and he went to the Hawks.
Buddy got Hawks pick 19 as compensation
Yeah that's right. Just the AFLHQ boys doing some of their finest work.
Frawdley worthy of pick 3
Budwah worthy of pick 19

Insanity at full throttle.

Reactions: 3 users
News last night and Hun this morn put Skipworth from Colonwood into the picture for Wet Coke's coaching job as well. Hinkley will be seeing out his gig at Port next year.

On Sunday The West Australian had the other names with WC waiting on Montgomery who was the favorite and further interviews this week. Made no mention of Skipworth being in the running.

But it looks like Skipworth must have been invited and interviewed well with the WC panel. Ryan Daniels in WA saying that Skipworth had 'impressed the panel with his focus on development, modern game plan principles and player connection'.

Isaac Cumming has expressed his desire to explore his free agency rights.

He'd be a good get for us, experience and skill and a bit of pace as a winger or HBF.

He'd be a good get for us, experience and skill and a bit of pace as a winger or HBF.

Decent player but only wants to SA or stay at GWS apparently.

We also need to face facts. No free agent in demand will want to come to us ATM.

We are currently a very low destination club. Free agents are what 26, they aren't going to want to come to a club that will very likely be in the bottom 3-4 for the next few years (or likely more).

Only guys we'll get off other clubs this off-season are those that aren't currently first 22 players who are wanting to firm up there football careers.

Reactions: 5 users
I can probably tell you the compensation of every free agent ever off the top of my head since 2013 and I've never heard of any media person suggest that might be the case in compensation.

The only inconsistency for compensation i've seen is from differing seasons ala Motlops 2017 and Ellis' 2019. Not from one club offering less to a departing player than another club.
Sure thing, Tt. And good play on studying the form there. It's not something I have much interest in other than that I have heard reference in media to the unknown factors assessed by the AFL in allowing compensation for FAs. And I'm very interested in Archy's testimony that the departing club's offer is conseridered.

I take it as certain that the AFL acts on rules that are not written down. Eg where is it written that it's not deliberate if a player kicks the ball I50 OOB in what would be deliberate anywhere else on the ground? My take on the AFL is that they do pretty much as they please.

Not to say that it is by any means established that the departed club's offer is a factor in assessing FA compensation. Do you think it likely?

I take it as certain that Ports punt Houston for a draft pick and hunt Perryman and Cumming. Smart play for them.

Perryman is a bit under the radar. He is slow but smart enough to defend with position. Disciplined. Total professional. Strong with outstanding skills in every department. Scanlans. Massive injury history. Has he ever played a fit season? Checking... Misses at least a month a year but not much more than that. Manageable and trending ok.

Cumming is a very handy type. Walks into Ports. Had a rough yer with injury but good for the previous few years.

Here's the thing. I reckon GWS should punt Ash and Whitfield and keep the other two. Whitfield? Gets a lot of Supercoach points. Has he ever beaten anybody? Did he save the game last weekend? Where was he when GWS had to win the ball back? Did Ash cough it up relentlessly and at crucial times?

Whitfield is the least scrutinised player in the game. AA walk-up start? Roffle that.

Reactions: 2 users

Isaac Cumming is South Australia bound, with the Giants confirming he’ll depart as a free agent in the first off-season domino to fall for the club following its straight-sets finals exit.

SEN’s Sam Edmund first reported Cumming had told the Giants of his desire to move to one of the South Australian sides in 2025.

It’s believed the 26-year old hasn’t specified whether he intends to sign with the Crows or Power, with both teams having offered four-year deals.

Reactions: 1 user
I take it as certain that Ports punt Houston for a draft pick and hunt Perryman and Cumming. Smart play for them.

Perryman is a bit under the radar. He is slow but smart enough to defend with position. Disciplined. Total professional. Strong with outstanding skills in every department. Scanlans. Massive injury history. Has he ever played a fit season? Checking... Misses at least a month a year but not much more than that. Manageable and trending ok.

Cumming is a very handy type. Walks into Ports. Had a rough yer with injury but good for the previous few years.

Here's the thing. I reckon GWS should punt Ash and Whitfield and keep the other two. Whitfield? Gets a lot of Supercoach points. Has he ever beaten anybody? Did he save the game last weekend? Where was he when GWS had to win the ball back? Did Ash cough it up relentlessly and at crucial times?

Whitfield is the least scrutinised player in the game. AA walk-up start? Roffle that.
Whitfield also chews up scenery to the tune of $1m p/an according to the commentariat. Would free up some cap space.

Whitfield also chews up scenery to the tune of $1m p/an according to the commentariat. Would free up some cap space.
Turned 30 in July, yo. They'll never punt him. He did have that incident back in the day. With the drug test. Not sure of the implications other than that he's AFL product and GWS heritage. It did cost two officials their jobs.

Turned 30 in July, yo. They'll never punt him. He did have that incident back in the day. With the drug test. Not sure of the implications other than that he's AFL product and GWS heritage. It did cost two officials their jobs.
Hmm, I had forgotten that!

We also need to face facts. No free agent in demand will want to come to us ATM.

We are currently a very low destination club. Free agents are what 26, they aren't going to want to come to a club that will very likely be in the bottom 3-4 for the next few years (or likely more).

Only guys we'll get off other clubs this off-season are those that aren't currently first 22 players who are wanting to firm up there football careers.
everyone will view from a different angle
for some, we will be in the North & West Coast basket until we rise up the ladder

but others might see a different story half way thru the trade period if we are the proud owners of a bunch of 1 -15 picks
you might have some damn handy players thinking "can I sneak onto the Tigger train on a wing or half back flank ? it just might be going somewhere"
at the end of 2016 Nank had Buddy , Tippet , Callum Sinclair and Naithsmith ahead of him

its not going to happen all the time , but it can happen

Dude doesn't know if he's Cumming or going.

• Haha