Team vs Essendon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Essendon

Tigion said:
what the? dropping polak is it cause its a night game he might not do much but he gives us structure in the fowardline he's named as a emergancy hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
reckon delidio will go forward against the dons, why play him back?, when hes a big chance to snag 5 or 6 big ones, the way hes goin at the moment.

Not sure why people are questioning Polly being dropped. 6 possessions at 50% efficiency as well as 3 clangers indicates there's a bit of work to be done.

Ouch, Polak being dropped for Astbury is not a good sign for him. I would have Polack another chance for what he gives structurally, but Astbury has appeal because he's the future and is goaling from almost every kick he gets inside 50 at the moment.

On the up side I'm quite pleased about King coming in, he deserves it from 'Burg form and he is entertaining to watch

Not sure why people can't understand the importance of structure.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
On the up side I'm quite pleased about King coming in, he deserves it from 'Burg form and he is entertaining to watch
Yeah, don't mind King getting a go. This game will be fairly willing. Wouldn't be suprised if Hislop is a late inclusion too. Could be a bit of biff on the cards.

It would be particularly satisfying to beat Essendon.

Barnzy said:
I'm happy with losing constantly and getting flogged as long as we're playing the kids.

Also how did Alex Rance keep his spot?

Interesting that you don't see a conflict in those two comments.

I tipped Kingy to return - well done Jake.

Of those eligible toplay has been the standout at Coburg his last three games. Watching him basically play centre half forward at Coburg last week, I finally figured out that Jakey thinks he is Wayne Carey. Good on him - put him at CHF and let him loose.

Rance???????

Polak??????

rosy23 said:
Not sure why people are questioning Polly being dropped. 6 possessions at 50% efficiency as well as 3 clangers indicates there's a bit of work to be done.
maybe because he was good against the Crows (IMO) and also took two strong marks when he went forward last week.t

we are hardly tall and strong and polly has added some depth to that....much more than simmo has in the past 18 months.

I love rance's attack on the ball but his skill level is a big worry......how did he compare to polly's stats over the last two weeks.???

ATM...Rance or Polly.....Graham every day of the week.

rosy23 said:
Rosy Polak's stats dont look good but I think what many are saying is that Polak straightened us up considerably when going forward and he also showed that he has the body to compete in pack marking situations - something Astbury doesn't have and for some reason Rance is incapable of doing. If I was to drop any of our forwards from last week it would most definitely be Rance (his brain fade in the 3rd quarter alone should warrant it - what i really don't get is he wasn't even dragged after the event???) it's one thing to be hard at it but another to be totally reckless.

se7en said:
Shane Edwards
Ben Nason
Robin Nahas
Jake King

Geez. How many skinny midgets can you fit into one team?

I'm guessing Hardwick isn't expecting a physcial encounter.

Add to that Webberley and White (Not skinny but small).

GO TIGES!!!

evo said:
Yeah, don't mind King getting a go. This game will be fairly willing. Wouldn't be suprised if Hislop is a late inclusion too. Could be a bit of biff on the cards.

When King hits somone it's a guilt-free pleasure because you know it's a managable loss to the team. If King wanted to hit Allan Didak or Trav Cloke again that would just be just fine by me.

RedanTiger said:
Interesting that you don't see a conflict in those two comments.

You would have a point if they actually have something to do with each other.

King is not a kid rather a proven dud.

What's going on with Polo. No mention from anyone. Whenever he plays he does really well but can't seem to hold his spot this year. From the little I have seen this year (including the NAB cup) he has been a real improver. I would pick him ahead of a number of the players in this weeks team.