Team vs Essendon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Essendon

Barnzy said:
Wonder what our average height is this weekend. Would nearly have to be the shortest and lightest fielded team in history. Nason, King, Cousins, Foley, Webberly, Nahas, Farmer, White, Edwards. Midget galore.

I strongly believe as well as quality talls we need more midfielders/flankers that are in the 185-190cm region with bigger bodies WHO CAN PLAY as the list is lacking in that area. Just too small all over the park and you can only carry so many. That is way too many....
Go have a look at the Port Adelaide side that dominated the comp for about 4 years, won the minor premiership 3 times (I think) and then a premiership.
Full of players around the 180cm mark.

It's the quality of the player, not their exact height. You only need to look at Leo Barry & Campbell Brown for evidence that height doesn't mean everything.

ZeroGame said:
Go have a look at the Port Adelaide side that dominated the comp for about 4 years, won the minor premiership 3 times (I think) and then a premiership.
Full of players around the 180cm mark.

It's the quality of the player, not their exact height. You only need to look at Leo Barry & Campbell Brown for evidence that height doesn't mean everything.

One thing is that these smallish players you name can/could put their arms and even jump....belying their size.
When our smallish players constantly stand flat-footed in marking duels...they ARE truly small.
The current Richmond squad tonight were very small....playing wise and visually.

Scribblar said:
One thing is that these smallish players you name can/could put their arms and even jump....belying their size.
When our smallish players constantly stand flat-footed in marking duels...they ARE truly small.
So you are saying small players on other sides can make up for their vertical handicap, but our's can't?