Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

Brodders17 said:
i think they realise we struggled roving up front last week. they have rectified it tho.
F: [size=10pt]Tambling[/size], Griffiths, Astbury

Even his most ardent supporters don't want him played in a FP

He should be given the challenge of Le Cras - similar heights and weight, Tambling has good speed and is decent overhead. Might get outbodies in the contest is the risk. Farmer's not up to it and Thursfield is out of touch and was way too loose last week. Give richie first crack.

Nahas needs to be axed. I've seen enough of him to conclude he isn't up to standard, I just hope Hardwick sees likewise.

Brodders17 said:
i think they realise we struggled roving up front last week. they have rectified it tho.
F: [size=10pt]Tambling[/size], Griffiths, Astbury

Yeah well team lists these days are worth the ipad's they're printed on..(?)
Bling may even line up there but given he played his best footy down back last week I expect he'll see plenty of time in defence.

Big Cat Lover said:
He should be given the challenge of Le Cras - similar heights and weight, Tambling has good speed and is decent overhead. Might get outbodies in the contest is the risk. Farmer's not up to it and Thursfield is out of touch and was way too loose last week. Give richie first crack.

Reckon Newman might be first dibs on LeCras.

Tigers of Old said:
Reckon Newman might be first dibs on LeCras.

Oh no... Wasn't Newman on Eddie B when he cut us up one year ? I am not sure who was on Milne... but our mids really need to have a good game to help out the backs.

feisty tige said:
Oh no... Wasn't Newman on Eddie B when he cut us up one year ? I am not sure who was on Milne... but our mids really need to have a good game to help out the backs.

Milne and Betts are true goal sneaks which Newie has battled with previously.
Think he's done a lot better on larger players like LeCras.

tigerjoe12 said:
what's the latest on foley?

was expecting to see him in the side this week

I'd suggest getting a rest before the bye week, which makes sense. Why risk him when we can effectively give him a 2 week break at the cost of only missing one game. and it isn't like we are in finals contention. so I'd even be happy if we told him to pack it in for the season to get him cherry ripe for next season.

Tigers of Old said:
WEST COAST

B: Scott Selwood, Eric Mackenzie, Will Schofield

HB: Beau Waters, Beau Wilkes, Shannon Hurn

C: Andrew Embley, Matt Priddis, Bradd Dalziell

HF: Brad Sheppard, Josh Kennedy, Ben McKinley

F: , Nic Naitanui, Mitch Brown, Mark LeCras

Foll: Dean Cox, Brad Ebert, Tom Swift

Int (from): Brett Jones, Quinten Lynch, Patrick McGinnity, Mark Nicoski, Matt Rosa, Adam Selwood, Lewis Stevenson

In: Q.Lynch , M.Nicoski , B.Jones , P.McGinnity
Out: S.Butler

Oh leysy. That is possibly the mos untalented team seen assembled for years.

The West Coast love of slow unskilled players continues. Woodhouse should have been sacked years ago.
Unless he had the directive to recruit the above the worst recruiter in the AFL should have been sacked years ago.

On LeCras, he's a marking forward. Not a nippy pocket that roves & doubles back & beats you with pace like others that have killed us. Thursfield ideally suited.

Streak said:
I'd suggest getting a rest before the bye week, which makes sense. Why risk him when we can effectively give him a 2 week break at the cost of only missing one game. and it isn't like we are in finals contention. so I'd even be happy if we told him to pack it in for the season to get him cherry ripe for next season.

but, we play next week.

Don't we...? :confused

Leysy Days said:
On LeCras, he's a marking forward. Not a nippy pocket that roves & doubles back & beats you with pace like others that have killed us. Thursfield ideally suited.
Agree. Thursfield would be the correct match up with LeCras. Willy T needs to step up. His season so far has been disappointing.

Match ups for LeCras and McKinley are going to be crucial.
I really rate McKinley, he kicked 3 goals against Geelong last week and 4 against StKilda a fortnight before that.

Leysy Days said:

The West Coast love of slow unskilled players continues. Woodhouse should have been sacked years ago.
Unless he had the directive to recruit the above the worst recruiter in the AFL should have been sacked years ago.

Don't agree about Woodhouse, but the Tiges at evens are value this week.

Expecting our second win.

tigergollywog said:
We are $1.85 FAVOURITES for this game. No value there.

What are we for over 39.5?

I said last week we will smash WCE by 65 points. I see no reason to change my thinking.

Leysy Days said:

I agree about the WCE team.

Funny, the WCE recruiters and Woodhouse were lauded just a couple of years ago. he is a good recruiter.

Agree with the LaCras/Thursfield matchup, the obvious selection.

Tigerbob said:
Funny, the WCE recruiters and Woodhouse were lauded just a couple of years ago. he is a good recruiter.

Yep just shows everyone can make mistakes, which is why the criticism of Francis Jackson for not being absolutely perfect rings hollow now. Even Pelchen is now showing a lot of cracks in his record.

IanG said:
Yep just shows everyone can make mistakes, which is why the criticism of Francis Jackson for not being absolutely perfect rings hollow now. Even Pelchen is now showing a lot of cracks in his record.

Not an easy gig being a recruiter. Despite what some think.

Francis Jackson may have made a couple of mistakes in the past, but I think we should judge him on the 2009 draft because he was given every chance to do his job. So far it looks like he has done a pretty good.