Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

yeah good point, I guess I'm just being a bit selfish because I just traded him into my super coach team... haha

Leysy Days said:
On LeCras, he's a marking forward. Not a nippy pocket that roves & doubles back & beats you with pace like others that have killed us. Thursfield ideally suited.

Looks like Dimma has different ideas daisy.
I must say I think Wil's struggling for pace this year. His attacking abilities are also limited.
Seems McGuane is his preferred option as a tall back too.

Not happy with the nahas dropping. Easily our best foward line tackler, sets up 2-3 goals a game with his pressure.

Tigers of Old said:
I must say I think Wil's struggling for pace this year. His attacking abilities are also limited.

Regardless of Milne and LeCras being having differents skills, this size of footballer gives us fits.

The size of the forward line with Griffiths, Astbury and Vickery pushing deep is starting to take shape. Need more prospects to come in as all three of these won't make it. But still think we need outside mids most urgently.

Tigers of Old said:

Thought that was a spot on matchup for LeCras who despite his size a marking forward. Excellent overhead he is.
Not sure who the matchup is now...

Hardwicks definately picking teams looking long term rather than for the opposition ILO.
Webberley & Nahas would have given the slow as treacle West Coast lineup something to chase around the G.

SCOOP said:
Regardless of Milne and LeCras being having differents skills, this size of footballer gives us fits.

LeCras is a fair bit bigger than Milne. Quite a different style of player too. He's much stronger in the air as pointed out already.
If Farmer gets the gig it'll be a huge test for him to say the least.
Still reckon Newman goes to him but we'll see what Dimma has in mind soon enough I guess.
Must get it right whoever because it's a critical match up.

Leysy Days said:
Hardwicks definately picking teams looking long term rather than for the opposition ILO.

Starting to question whether Wil's part of the future.

timYCW#7 said:
Not happy with the nahas dropping. Easily our best foward line tackler, sets up 2-3 goals a game with his pressure.

You will find that it is actually Jack.

Dropping him was the correct decision.

Tigers of Old said:
LeCras is a fair bit bigger than Milne. Quite a different style of player too. He's much stronger in the air as pointed out already.
If Farmer gets the gig it'll be a huge test for him to say the least.
Still reckon Newman goes to him but we'll see what Dimma has in mind soon enough I guess.
Must get it right whoever because it's a critical match up.

Starting to question whether Wil's part of the future.

I would not be surprised to see Moore play on Le Cras. He would match up well as it is the role he is best suited IMO.

I reckon McGuane will start on Kennedy and hopefully Astbury will line up on Brown or the other tall.

My back six would be ;

Tambling McGuane Moore

Connors Astbury Newman.

It would be nice to see Deledio released into the midfield this week as he could cut a swaythe through the West Coast Plodders.

Tigers of Old said:
LeCras is a fair bit bigger than Milne.

Only 5cm. And the same Kg's. The skill set is different as I said.

J-Webb is stiff.

timYCW#7 said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ya wrong there Jack is best fowardline tackler 48 to 41 nahas simple why he's out he aint scoring goals guys like him and morton need to be getting 2-3 goals a game

McKinley and Lecras are very similar types. Small/mid-sized, lead and mark players but both dangerous. Thursfield has done jobs on these types in the past such as Porplyzia, etc. Damning that he's been dropped given that fact, I guess he's not apart of the future.

Barnzy said:
McKinley and Lecras are very similar types. Small/mid-sized, lead and mark players but both dangerous. Thursfield has done jobs on these types in the past such as Porplyzia, etc. Damning that he's been dropped given that fact, I guess he's not apart of the future.
With the way Hardwick is teaching there is no doubt Thirsty would be back at the Burgers to learn to play a more attacking role, IMHO he is a much better option then Moore and a perfect match up for Le Cras

CC TIGER said:
With the way Hardwick is teaching there is no doubt Thirsty would be back at the Burgers to learn to play a more attacking role, IMHO he is a much better option then Moore and a perfect match up for Le Cras

Do you think Thursfield can become more attacking though CC? For Kel Moore that side of his game comes more naturally, even Luke has more run to his game. Personally I have my doubts that Wil can change his style all that much to what is really a third tall's ideal role and not exactly sure playing at Coburg would help tbh. My guess is he's on thin ice to be traded.

CC TIGER said:

How long has been has Thursfield been in the system? I just don't think he will ever become an attacking type, he's a stopper pure and simple. Just like McGuane won't ever fix his disposal/decision making. That's their shortcomings. On average though, Thursfield gets the ball 9 times a match, McGuane 12 so the difference is vastly overstated. With his versatility he would've been a good option for LeCras or McKinley this week as you say.

Tigers of Old said:
Do you think Thursfield can become more attacking though CC? For Kel Moore that side of his game comes more naturally, even Luke has more run to his game. Personally I have my doubts that Wil can change his style all that much to what is really a third tall's ideal role and not exactly sure playing at Coburg would help tbh. My guess is he's on thin ice to be traded.
I certainly dont imagine Wils gaming changing a great deal, its more the point that Hardwick sees a deficency in a player and he trys to get them to improve this area and he seems to like sending them back to the ressies to work on there problem at the slower ,less intense VFL level. Agree with the role coming more natural to Moore, however Wil rarley gets beaten one on one as where Moore does. Mcguane plays a much more attacking style then both, however we all know the results of that

Barnzy said:
How long has been has Thursfield been in the system? I just don't think he will ever become an attacking type, he's a stopper pure and simple. Just like McGuane won't ever fix his disposal/decision making. That's their shortcomings. On average though, Thursfield gets the ball 9 times a match, McGuane 12 so the difference is vastly overstated. With his versatility he would've been a good option for LeCras or McKinley this week as you say.

Thursfield's limitations are becoming more and more obvious.

I agree with you Barnzy, he will struggle to develop the skills to adequately attack the game. I suspect its not in his nature.

IMO he is too small to play as a key back and lacks the ability to attack sides on the rebound.

So where does that leave him?