Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

Who's going to play on Kennedy and Brown?
McGuane will probably get Kennedy. I agree Thursfield is an ok match up for LeCras but he might be required for one of the above, unless they play Astbury on Brown.
I doubt Lynch will play, but if does they could really stretch us for height down back, especially if Cox and Nic Nac go forward at times.

If it rains we win easily, if it's dry i'd expect a close game.
Jack and Griffo probably need to kick at least 8 between them for us win.

Tigerbob said:
Funny, the WCE recruiters and Woodhouse were lauded just a couple of years ago.
Why is it funny? Woodhouse is quality. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. Losing the calibre of Judd, Benny, Kerr (hardly gets on the field) is going to put a dent in any midfield for a while.

it's a great pitywe didn't take the 'slow' Hurn, instead of bloody JON.

evo said:
Why is it funny? Woodhouse is quality. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell.

it's a great pitywe didn't take the 'slow' Hurn, instead of bloody JON.

I agree with you. That's what I was saying. A few here I remember saying they were the benchmark, now I hear there are doubts on them. A funny world we live in.

You left out the bit where I said "He is a good recruiter" :hihi

Tigerbob said:
I agree with you. That's what I was saying. A few here I remember saying they were the benchmark, now I hear there are doubts on them. A funny world we live in.

You left out the bit where I said "He is a good recruiter" :hihi
Oh right, my bad then. The first sentence seem to contradict the second.

Cmon you blokes, have you blokes seen him squander countless picks on unskilled slow midfielders.

What they got from the Judd trade should have set them up for years, but they have wasted it.
Only Kennedy is going to make a difference to them & he was a trade not a draftee.

Masten, Ebert, McGinnity, Selwood all in the one draft. All one-paced poor kicking clones. ha ha ha.

They have had 10. Yes thats right 10 top picks iin the top 23 in the last 3 years. pot luck says they will get some talent through.
Nowhere near what a good recruiter would have got.

They've turned into the slowest team in the league that play on the biggest ground.

As for their scared recruiting philosophy since Judd left of basing a heavy premium on home grown players above interstate recruits.
That is the first way to failure in leysy's eyes.

This on probably the biggest recruiting & development budget in the league.

Woodhouse & Worsfold - the most protected men in AFL ILO. Yesterday's men.

Where's Claw. ;D

Leysy Days said:
Cmon you blokes, have you blokes seen him squander countless picks on unskilled slow midfielders.

What they got from the Judd trade should have set them up for years, but they have wasted it.
Only Kennedy is going to make a difference to them & he was a trade not a draftee.

Masten, Ebert, McGinnity, Selwood all in the one draft. All one-paced poor kicking clones. ha ha ha.

They have had 10. Yes thats right 10 top picks iin the top 23 in the last 3 years. pot luck says they will get some talent through.

They've turned into the slowest team in the league that play on the biggest ground.

As for their scared recruiting philosophy since Judd left of basing a heavy premium on home grown players above interstate recruits.

Where's Claw. ;D

Bang on.

And claw would deadset eat an Eagle.

Leysy Days said:

Where's Claw. ;D

After all that, I hope the Tigers win. Otherwise what does that make us? ;D

Do we know who from the extended interchange will get a game as yet????

I need to juggle my supercoach side if Webberly is left out (unlikely).

Richmond v West Coast
Sunday June 13
MCG, 1.10pm

B: Newman, McGuane, King
HB: Tuck, Deledio, Connors
C: Cousins, Jackson, Edwards
HF: White, Riewoldt, Nason
F: Tambling, Griffiths, Astbury
Foll: Graham, Cotchin, Martin

I/C: Farmer, Collins, Vickery, Moore
EMG: Thursfield, Webberley, Nahas

Webberley, Nahas and Thursfield out!!

Webberley extremely stiff, I wonder what the reasoning was?

Anyone have a glue?

I must admit I'm surprised Webberley was dropped played quite well last week. Farmer was lucky based on form.

Definitely agree on form it should have been Farmer, not Webberley.

Farmer does not get enough football and hiss defensive skills on Milne last week were anything but impressive!

Webberley did tend to just bomb it long last week with no real intention, very Tuckesque.
He's played 4 games in a row at the top level, nothing wrong with sending him back to work on a few things and come back in a few weeks.

Looks like Thursfield is a bit in the outer these days. Have to admit, don't feel he's taken the next step.

Beavis might already have formed his opinion on Webberley and what he can bring to the team. This year isn't about this year.

Welcome to PRE, Jumping Jack

Have to agree, Zero, it wasn't a good look just bombing it long, tho I am rapt with how he is progressing

Farmer must surely be earmarked for a gig on LeCras

No obvious crumbers in the forward line is concerning, even tho the ones that were in the team didn't do their jobs last week

I hope Sunday 340pm vindicates the selectors

ZeroGame said:
He's played 4 games in a row at the top level, nothing wrong with sending him back to work on a few things and come back in a few weeks.

Of course there is something wrong with it. McGuire is out of my SC team injured and Webberley was his able replacement. Don't clubs consider this?